Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm gonna make some bad dumb monsters. But only if the people demand it.

Edit: Oh heck I put IT instead of ITT. Now I'm going to get tech support stories.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I want a bad dumb monster please! :pray:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'd like a bad dumb monster, please.

Jaguars!

Wanna be in Zurtilik's Best iary

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 12, 2020

Zurtilik

Chewbecca posted:

I want a bad dumb monster please! :pray:

Sphorkae

Diet: Primarily Meat. Will eat fungus and grasses in a bind.
Intelligence: Low.
Usual Alignment: Neutral Evil
Size: Small (~4' 2" tall male and female)

A dwarf sized ball of fat, hair and indeterminable growths. Their skin color mimics the palette of bread mold. They are usual found in solitude or the occasional rare mother and her offspring. They rarely wear any clothes other than maybe the occasional simple bauble or stolen piece of jewelry. Their mouths are exceptionally large for their body size and some travelers attest to seeing Sphorkae's devour entire rabbits in a single gulp. Sphorkae's speak almost exclusively in their own language which consists primarily of grunts, guttural choking and monosyllabic ejaculations.

In combat a Sphorkae can use most simple weapons. They almost never use shields or armor and often just accept the brunt of the attack without much care due to their thick skin. As such, they don't have much in the way of a fighting style preferring to hobble their way as quick as they can towards their targets or throw stones with their powerful arms. In hand-to-hand combat a Sphorkae could easily overpower all but the most well conditioned humanoids with their sheet strength alone. When Shphorkae find prey that isn't small enough to devour in a bite or two they prefer to just strangle or roughly toss their target against the ground or nearby walls.

Sphorkae are typically found in humid areas and swamps. If possible they prefer to live in caves, thickets or other more crowded and naturally protected hovels. Sphorkae surprisingly do like wall painting and though their style and capability may appear primitive to more discerning societies, they take great pride in their works.

The DPRK

IT

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Is bestiary legal 'round these parts?

nut

I would like to be a sexy monster please

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

nut posted:

I would like to be a sexy monster please

All monsters are sexy to someone

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:palmon:

Zurtilik

I'm playing some games with my buds, but I will do my best to get at least two more (minimum) of these done in the next 16ish hours.

I do have a nasty habit of over promising and under delivering I fear though.

nut

Zurtilik posted:

I do have a nasty habit of over promising and under delivering I fear though.

youve always been a yobber

Prof. Crocodile

i am already a monster but could use some more backstory

Zurtilik

Barking Gecko posted:

I'd like a bad dumb monster, please.

The Bad Duck

Diet: Meat, Bread, Small Trees and Shrubs.
Intelligence: Near Human
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Size: Huge (20' tall )

No one knows for sure how this abomination came to be. Magic experiment gone awry? Bad Genetics? A Curse from the Gods? Regardless, this is a "Bad Duck" and there's no salvation for you once your in their path. The Bad Duck has a body of alabaster white feathers. Their bill is accompanied by razor sharp teeth which can grab and then grind up human sized beings in just one mouthful. There is only one Bad Duck, which is the only good thing about them. Despite being very large, The Bad Duck can still float upon water like their more regular sized compatriots. This allows The Bad Duck to lazily float along large lakes and seas and terrorize merchant vessels for succulent and rare spiced meats. Like other ducks too, The Bad Duck can fly, boasting a wing span of nearly 320 feet, The Bad Duck is a horrifying spectacle to behold in flight. The gusts of its wings can knock over small stone structures with a few simple flaps.

In combat the Bad Duck is largely immune to regular human melee weapons just due to the thickness of their feathers and skin. The Bad Duck will use their powerful bill to kill single targets of human size or smaller without issue. When faced with a large cloud they can flap their wings to create a formidable buffet of wind to knock over or severely slow aggressors. When in water they can dive and rise up to tip over small and medium water vessels without effort.

The Bad Duck largely stays on sea sides and hunts small to medium sized mammals and fish. In times where meat is less plentiful they can also eat shrubs and trees to fill for the leaner months. When the mood strikes the Bad Duck will attack civil society to find tasty breads and other treats the only the smarter humanoids seem capable of creating.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 12, 2020

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I love bad dumb monsters

BoldFrankensteinMir

I would like a monster who looks scary but is actually a good guy, like the greatest pulp monster of all time Ben "The Thing" Grimm.

Sig by Heather Papps

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I'd like a monster!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

super sweet best pal

Macnult

here for it

Zurtilik

Jaguars! posted:

Wanna be in Zurtilik's Best iary

Spippers

Diet: Mostly plants and fungi. Will occasionally eat bugs and small rodents.
Intelligence: Human-Like
Usual Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Size: Diminutive (~10" for females and 8" for males)

Spippers are tiny, lanky (relatively) and fast on their nimble little feet. They tend to grow their hair long and the more creative types among them like to put them in strange buns, up dos and braids. Spippers wear simple clothes made out of small swaths of fabric or more rarely, fur. Though they can make their own fabrics they often just find it easier to reuse left over and thrown away clothes from nearby humanoids. One human shirt can cloth up to a dozen Spippers! They also like small trinkets and often not warmly welcomed by many societies due to their habit of nabbing small jewels, beads and other baubles without much regard for their worth and ownership. Their movement patterns are often described as "sporadic" perhaps mimicking a very lively dance or people playing an agile sport. Despite their day-to-day gait being so energetic and unpredictable they are strangely precise and peculiar about their mannerisms while eating, courting or engaging in other slower paced rituals. A spoon dropped at the wrong time during a dinner can turn into a family controversy. Spippers can speak most other humanoid languages given the time and education. Their voices tend to be "nasally" especially the men and lower pitched than one has come to expect from smaller races. Spipper singers tend to be famous bass and barotone bards; however it can be hard for them to entertain in large venues due to their tiny lung capacity. Their nimble fingers seem to give them a predisposition to stringed instruments.

Much like other humanoid races, the size of Spipper societies can vary greatly. Spipper towns tend to be built in wooded clearings where they will populate tree hollows or build their own small huts. A Spipper house will rarely be more than a 3-4 foot tall single story home. They often sleep in the same room, less affluent families will often sleep in a pile together. Though there are class structures in most Spipper societies they do their best to maintain relatively restrained social stratification. Charity and gifting are very essential values in most Spipper societies; there are 5 recorded major gift giving holidays that seem to be shared in Spipper societies the world round, though obviously with their own cultural twists. Perhaps the most famous is Apirpir Day: wherein each member of society brings one wrapped or otherwise obscured gift to the town center. These gifts are then subject to a very meticulous passing ritual while a standard song is sung, this can sometimes last hours depending on the size and festivity of the village. When the gifts are opened and it is considered bad luck to ask or tell people who gave what gift. The day is named after one of the many Spipper Gods of Gifts, Apirpir.

Spippers do not like violence against races they consider intelligent or empathetic. As such, most stick to a largely vegan diet. They will kill and eat rats, voles, mice and other small animals that might intrude into their homes. Hunting in Spipper society is rare unless the main purpose of the hunting is for crafting or to assist with food during times of drought or scarcity. Spippers can fight though, and what they lack in size they make up for in agility. A somewhat fit and motivated Spipper can maintain a 15MPH Sprint for up to 2 hours without major issue. A minimally trained Spipper can have a vertical leap of up to 3 feet (which is impressive in scale!). You will not see many spippers in the armies for races that tend to be three feet or taller though due to their largely pacifist natures and the practicality of accommodating such small troops. If Spippers do decide to go their own way from society they tend to make a living as merchants, thieves, singers or painters. Some also become athletes and dancers in societies that value such art and don't discredit their height.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 12, 2020

Zurtilik

Diet: Meat
Intelligence: Comparable to a Dog... An evil dog.
Usual Alignment: Neutral Evil
Size: Medium (7-8' in length)

Long Armed Wretches

Named for their obviously long 'arms'. Long Armed Wretches are four limbed beasts that tend to crawl and skitter along the ground. Their forelimbs are nearly three times the length of their back limbs and they often use them to bat at and scoop up pray into their many toothed mouth. They can stand and even do a sort of trudge while on their hindlimbs, though usually they do this to get to our of reach ledges, branches or victims. Since their forelimbs do much of the work in walking, climbing, fighting and other essential tasks, they are also notably more powerful than their hindlimbs. The "wretches" in their name comes from their aggressive behavior. They will often corner weakened animals and persons and savagely beat them for minutes before finally landing any death bites or blows.

Long Armed Wretches are seen as animals, though many insist they're demons left on this planet from some terrible, long gone horror. They tend to travel in small packs of about 5-7. If food gets scarce though it is not uncommon for them to turn on each other and cannibalize the weaker members. If you see a solitary Long Armed Wretch you can be certain its among the fiercest and cruelest of its species. They prefer to live on the fringes of dry and hot environments. They often make a point to patrol the small lakes, oasis and rivers that thirsty travelers and animals that come to at the last potable water sources before venturing into or freshly returning from deserts and other wastelands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik

I'm gonna have to hire a proof reader. Lordy.