Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I like when these sorts of threads come up in life. It's a good way to find music. It sadly also can sometimes become a way to wade through a lot of stuff I don't like... but oh well. Anyway, I didn't want to spam up their thread with non-music link posts. But I also figured since I was slowly listening to them anyway I could do mini-reviews and you nerds can talk about them if you want? IDK. I almost wondered if PMF might be better for this, but oh well! It's all the spirit of :justpost: I feel like.

A Beacon School - It's Late - Poster: Luvcow - Cover art made me think I was getting ready for some prog rock, a real Hawkwind kind of time. No such luck there. Not too bad, my ADHD does make it hard for me to listen to a lot of low/no vocal music. It's pretty neat though, feels like it might be a good listen in an altered state of some kind. Echoy, spacy maybe a little nostalgic? The little bit of lyrics and voice are very nice and comforting sound, but a bit hard to hear. Largely unrelated to the song, but the comment section on YouTube for this was pretty refreshing, not a lot of mud slinging or "Wow I'm still listening to this X years later!"

Still Corners - In the Middle of the Night - Poster: Luvcow - You kind of get that Zepplin or slower Oyster Cult sound going on. Definitelty sounds like it emerged from the 60's or 70's in the opening. We get an echoy girl voice, so already more words than the other Luvcow song. Cover art is kind of trippy but I feel like the music to cover art matches my expectations pretty well.

Eighteen Is over the Hill - The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Poster: PTSDeedly Do - IDK, is this written by Hugh Heffner (hehehehe). It's definitely from the 60s as promised. I feel like I'm at Catholic Church or watching a Bakshi film. (Watch Wizards!). It's a lot of fun though, my wife and brother would both like it, so maybe I should send it to them. Kind of dips between upliftingish energy and a meloncholy. A lot more clear vocals than the last two songs so that is nice from a personal preference. I don't fully hear them though. Something about his brain?

Little Uneasy - Fazerdaze* - Poster: Manifisto - Female vocalist, I am biased towards favoring female vocalists in most genres. It's a girl skating, seems real chill. I say she's kind of cute but she also seems a little young, hope I'm not too much of a creep. I think I can dig this, reminds me of Tennis or something, only maybe a little more psychadelic? (Idk, psychadelic seems a bit much for this, but my vocab is limited in these situations.) vocal heavy which I like, but a little too echoy to easily understand. I hope this girl doesn't get hit by a car.

セーラームーン SAILORMOON ムーンライト伝説 on Japanese Traditional instruments - Oh good. I like Sailor Moon, I also like Erhus. So this will probably be good. Hmm... Erhus are Chinese am I being Accidental Racist? IDK. This is good stuff either way. This is refreshing for what has so far been unfamiliar songs. I kind want to run around to this and also play Mystical Ninja on the 64 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I posted a song in that thread for you to review, op

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Zurtilik

Chewbecca posted:

I posted a song in that thread for you to review, op

Considering I'm doing 5 songs at a time on a 13 page thread it could be a while...

Chewbecca

Post harder then!!!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Zurtilik

Chewbecca posted:

Post harder then!!!

True!

Goons Are Gifts

Post harder, not smarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

Zurtilik

SOFI TUKKER - Purple Hat (Official Video) [Ultra Music] - Poster: Pot Smoke Phoenix - Good head bobbing stuff. Definitely a nice change from the kind of psych rock I've been listening too, little repititive, but some people like that. Ooooo.... A female vocalist seems nice. I do big this a bit and the bass makes my little subwoofer uhhh... woof? We're dancing on the people!

R.A.P. Ferreira - Respectdue (Home Movie) - Poster: McNult - I uhhh... This video has a mullet guy? Oh, maybe those were dreads? Or is it a different guy? IDK, sorry. This seems like nice rap/hip-hop but it feels like if i I played it at a party or something people would cock an eyebrow at me. He's doing air guitar in a parking lot? It's kind of nice sounding, but seems a little bland as far as like a song to listen to in day to day life. The repitition and such kind of reminds me of some old GIl Scott or something though, which is cool.

Labi Siffre - I got the… - Poster: GODSPEED JOHN GOODMAN - Good funky bass and guitar going on. 6 and a half is a little long. His voice ain't too bad, I like a falsetto. Oh poo poo, I'm listening to Slim Shady. (Hi kids! Do you like violence?) This got a little sad. I feel like this having such an Eminem association with me at this point is stopping me from judging this fairly. I could definitely see why this has lived the test of time though. Lot of variation in this song, good love/sad love song with a solid singer.

Jade Bird - Uh Huh - Poster: CaptainPsyko - Got some good aggressive country vibes. We talking about girls. Guess this one got chested on? That sucks. Oh wow that didn't last long. This isn't too bad. I'll add it to my collection.

Purity Ring - Lofticries - Poster: Tradjik - Oh shiiit a song I've heard before. I LOVE Purity Ring. It's got a funkiness to it, it's got a female vocalist. I NEVER understand what any of the lyrics are about and that's okay. 4 minutes is almost long for a Purity Ring song. They like allusions about organs and body parts.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I love the idea of this thread and promise I will not spam my terrible taste in a misguided effort to get your opinion, I swear.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

tradjik

thank you for reviewing purity ring i love them and i love you

ty heather papps u da bes

Chewbecca

Lock posted:

I love the idea of this thread and promise I will not spam my terrible taste in a misguided effort to get your opinion, I swear.

I did not do that either :shehuck:

To be fair it's not terrible, but I posted just to make the op review it lmbo

Zurtilik

I appreciate that you all think I'll genuinely get through 14 pages of music before ADHDing onto something else.

I'll do my best though!

Chewbecca

Just review my music

Just one music

That's all I ask

Zurtilik

Chewbecca posted:

Just review my music

Just one music

That's all I ask

All I want is a music and he wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a music, just one music
And he wouldn't give it to me, just a music!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Zurtilik posted:

All I want is a music and he wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a music, just one music
And he wouldn't give it to me, just a music!

i like you

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Zurtilik

I've decided I'm going to try to do this in roughly reverse order to give more recent posts the highlight. Anyway, here's me necroing another commitment I'll abandon.

Assume when I'm actually doing this I'm probably drinking... I also am not really a big music guy and I don't know the terms that good studious music folk might know. These are real time thoughts from a standard schmoe with a background in Iron Maiden and synth pop.

Black Woman by Sonny Sharrock - Posted by SweetWillyRollbar on page 15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUyyQ7hQ7_U
Cacophonous, wailing, tambourine shaking. Got some nice strings going in the background. Not a lot of variation going on, which I'm not the biggest fan on. The YouTube comments say something about this guy having made some Space Ghost Coast to Coast music, that's neat. (Actually looking now WillyRollBar says this in their comment... oops.) I sadly don't have more to say. I feel like I need to be in a mood to really embrace this and I ain't.

E Go Betta (O'Flynn Re-Edit) by Dale Sosimi - Posted by Fingerprince on page 15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HEnX02Mk4
Got a good funk vibe going on. As Fingerprince says this falls under Afrobeat which I usually enjoy to some extent. Oh cool, lyrics come in and it's pretty nice. I'd cruise around on a sunny day to this. Y'all making me wish that 1. weed was legal here and 2. it didn't usually just cause me panic attacks. I think I'd have a really good time with this music and some chill plant. I'm dancing a bit now around the 2 minute mark, got some nice jazziness to it too. I'm an amateur to the jazz scene but I'm pretty big on it when I can be, especially when I'm relaxing. Imagine hearing poo poo like this and still being racist. SAD!

Embody by SebastiAn - Posted by take the moon on page 15 (You take the moon and you take the sun!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnqGoToS0J8
This is closer to what I listen to most days, a little more EDM than "pop" but still pretty good. I'd drive around at night in the city to this. A gentle head bob, but not too wild of a dance. I like the dude kissing himself on this cover. I'd kiss him too. Lol at all the comments being about people feeling smart for continually noting it's the same dude.

Anyway. I'm gonna eat and take care of my cat and then I'll come back and do more!

nut

:munch:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Zurtilik

I'm back! I ate a tasty burger and cleaned a litter box!

a terrible shame by by christian fitness - Posted by SweetWillyRollbar on page 14: https://christianfitness.bandcamp.com/track/a-terrible-shame
This is good. It is shame god gave that person terrible hair. But most hair can be repaired with a good barber or cosmetologist. Oh I think I realize who this is about now. Yeah, it's probably true. It's fun though! Short!

High Doses # by The Mountain Goats - Posted by more falafel please on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1n-GKvY7Eo
I've heard of these guys. Were they the ones that made that wrestling theme album? (Am I embarrassing myself?) This is just a dude with an acoustic guitar. If I keep drinking these bourbon and cokes though I relate some. IDK.

I'm Scum by Idles - Posted by SweetWillyRollbar on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrM5y-iCNiE
Hmmm. This young English man is mad. Good punk energy, not too produced, that's what the cool kids like. Good messaging, Zurtilik approved.

Television by Idles - Posted by SweetWillyRollBar on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK0IoBb-nhM
We got these English boys again. This is some largely wholesome punk, or at least as wholesome as punk gets. Yeah okay, good messaging again. I wish I had more to say, but punk keeps it simple and that's the way I like it baby.

Zurtilik

Bride and Groom Hot Air Balloon by Hop Along, Queen Ansleis - Posted by corgski on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-UEQF4NNQ
I'm already in love with this nasally lass. Reminds me of the best things I like about slow Paramore songs and the few country/acoustic songs I like. I'd listen to this a lot. This song is from 2005 that makes perfect sense for some many reasons. It also kind of throws me back to a couple White Stripe like songs. Some might take offense to my comparisons but I work with what I got here, kids. I'd sway to this a little. I want to roll around in a flower filled field.

Bad Girls by M.I.A. - Posted by evil bob on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yuqxl284cg
Hey, I know this one. It's a good one for when you're a man who's trying to really get in that mad girl mood. It also makes you a little dancy. Having your chain hit your chest sounds painful though. OHHHHH sucky sucky? Don't think I've ever seen the actual video but this makes sense. Seems like it would be dangerous to ride on a sideways car, hope they're okay. I've always liked the way she says coming FRU.

CVS by Woman Believer - Posted by Deep Glove Bruno on page 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjMDWQmnpc
I used to work at CVS so this is close to my heart. Got a good punk girl energy and that's good stuff. She's wearing a lot of sweaters, that's cool. Neat.

Chewbecca

My music was on the bottom of page 13 and you didn't review it :negative:

Edit: wait, are you going backwards? Cos if so :dogcited:

take the moon

by sebmojo
since this isnt pmf i can say i <3 this thread. curious what u think of cyberpunk 2020 idk if health are getting too poppy for some but i love like all their yt only releases and that 1 is no diff

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

im_sorry

(9999)
Have you heard of the Goon Music Megathread? It's at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880406 and you might find it interesting if you're interested in people posting *their* music.

(disclaimer: I've posted some of my own music in there, but there are a lot of really talented musicians in that thread)

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 5, 2020

Chewbecca

Im_sorry howdja make your regdate say (99999)? :raise:

Edit: wait mine says just chillin' lmao, must be an app thing. I thought you did something tricky!

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
good thread, i heartily endorse this product and/or event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

zurtilik is good, i am happy that he came to post in byob with us, and i wish him luck with this thread as it's going to be a monster undertaking.