Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Problem description: Recently set up a new router - a D-Link DIR819 - and it randomly is unable to connect to certain websites. Attempts result in a "Server Not Found" error or similar. Attempted to access on Firefox and Edge on two different computers and on mobile. On occasion, site will connect briefly but will quickly revert to not found. Presently bmo.com and nationbuilder.com do not load. All other websites and internet use works fine.

Attempted fixes: Cycle router power; hard reset router using 'reset' button; reset SSID; flushed DNS cache; disabled antivirus software; cleared browser cookies and cache.

Recent changes: N/A - just switched to new router after old one died. Sites loaded from install for 2 weeks until today when they do not.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

System specs: D-Link DIR-819 Firmware Version : 1.02 Hardware Version : A1

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes - haven't been able to solve problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!

thehoodie posted:

D-Link DIR-819 Firmware Version : 1.02 Hardware Version : A1

Update the firmware using the URL below:

ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DIR-819/DIR-819_REVA_FIRMWARE_1.06B02.bin

Let us know if that fixes/fucks up anything.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Maybe try changing DNS servers.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

DeepBlue posted:

Update the firmware using the URL below:

ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DIR-819/DIR-819_REVA_FIRMWARE_1.06B02.bin

Let us know if that fixes/fucks up anything.

This did nothing as far as I can tell.

Schweinhund posted:

Maybe try changing DNS servers.

How do I do this? I am dumb and keep loving it up so I have to reset the router after

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Go in the router control panel and look for DNS servers and change whatever servers are in there to one of these: https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

That seemed to do the trick, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

cool, glad it's working