Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

here comes cask
Jul 7, 2003
thank you :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

its good to remember that you, by default, get two hammer upgrades and four different gods + hermes/chaos for boons. you can manipulate it a bit with trinkets but it makes to easier to plan what combos are possible as you're going through tartarus/asphodel.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The bow is probably the most reliant on good hammer/boon synergies. With the gun I always try to get the rocket launcher upgrade but there are a few ways to make it beastly

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The bow is probably the most reliant on good hammer/boon synergies. With the gun I always try to get the rocket launcher upgrade but there are a few ways to make it beastly

Zeus attack is sick on gun, cleared 32 heat once when I got that in the first room

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Still on that Spire poo poo, sick A8 heart kill with defect thanks to getting ice cream, bird faced urn, and mummified hand. Got the watcher and completely ignored his gimmick cause I could just take 50 damage and heal it in one turn before summoning 20 lightning orbs.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Zeus attack is sick on gun, cleared 32 heat once when I got that in the first room

Zeus and Artemis mix turn the gun into an incredible reverse bullet hell where you just lazily dash around doing sickos.jpg

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

the combo i always love to get is poseiden attack/zeus special on demeter fists, yoyoing bitches into walls with the easiest effects stack

here comes cask
Jul 7, 2003
i beat the hydra on my first try and i feel incredibly powerful

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
gg on the hydra. i really love how that fight develops over time

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Zeus and Artemis mix turn the gun into an incredible reverse bullet hell where you just lazily dash around doing sickos.jpg

yes, especially on Eris with rockets and clusters. only sub 15 minute run i've managed and it was hilariously fun

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My fastest run was the hidden aspect sword with just a ton of raw damage and crit boosts, including the Ares one for like +200% damage on your next hit after a kill, which was basically always active cause everything died in two hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Up to A16 in the Spire, had to interrupt my run to go to work and I'm just gonna be thinking about my Act 3 strategy the whole time