Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Nah I've never been able to get into the series properly. Played Y0 and liked the characters and story well enough but hated the gameplay and wasnt interested in the substories. Tried Yak LAD hoping a change up in the gameplay would help but found it uninspiring. It's a good time to be a yakuza fan but I cant find that hook to become one

https://i.imgur.com/MCcfXYm.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i made one post here and it's this one in which i express no opinions

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yakuza 8 will definitely be interesting. While LAD was absolutely phenomenal for being the first turn-based jRPG to be made by the team (and as feedback from an April Fool's joke at that), it does have some shortcomings that I feel the next game will be able to do a whole lot better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

Forespoken knows what an isekai is, but doesn't seem to do anything interesting with it.

So it's just a standard isekai then

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/thetojodojo/status/1570005605108092934?s=46&t=SlyuHlCjRGHmual9yN9seA

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Nah I've never been able to get into the series properly. Played Y0 and liked the characters and story well enough but hated the gameplay and wasnt interested in the substories. Tried Yak LAD hoping a change up in the gameplay would help but found it uninspiring. It's a good time to be a yakuza fan but I cant find that hook to become one

I'm not going to say I forced myself through the Yakuza games but I definitely put more effort than I would with most games out of morbid curiosity, I don't know if its the Asian setting but theres something about them that doesn't quite click with me - I find it hard to put the Japanese names to the characters faces and it makes the characters and the story's feel not as impactful as they might. They definitely made me laugh out loud a bunch though and some of the Heat combat actions are hilariously brutal but yeah by the time I got through the first 1/3rd of 3 I just wasn't really getting anything from the series anymore.

still, at least any Yakuza fan will get it if i say "Nice to Michi!"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

new thread, still working on op

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4012361&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post526259358

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Perfect, and we can end this one on a nice round page number!

Please go to the new thread, please post better, please enjoy the tantalising thought of eventual PS5 games. :hai: