Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i like my mouse the little g lights up to the bass of songs thats cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I bought some Logitech wireless headphones a couple years back (G930s I think) and it they were a loving mess. Constant problems like losing signal and audio cutting out that I finally threw em in a drawer and used a pair of wired headphones which were preferable even though theoretically less convenient.

Eventually those wired headphones died so I tried using the Logitech ones again and the batteries were hosed so it couldn't hold a charge. They were still under warranty though so I RMA'd them and they didn't have the exact model so sent me a different model that hasn't had a single problem.

Oh and my logitech mouse has been good for so long that I've worn a divet into the top of the LMB.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I got the g560 speakers, they sounds so goddamn good, and it's got gamer lights on the back of them so you can light up your walls behind your monitor for that extra gamer experience

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
I use a wave 2.4 keyboard and a G602 wireless mouse...both work quite well and I've had both for quite a while. Just have to replace the batteries from time to time.

But for speakers I have an old school set of Klipsch 5.1 Ultras and I will be really sad when that dies (I've had it sent off for repair twice now because nothing comes even close).

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah that loving wave keyboard is great.

I was getting wrist pains, but no more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

pixaal posted:

I used to love Logitech mice, specially anything based on the MX500. I've had from their RMA department in the last 2 years: 3 MX518 Legendary and 2 G502 Heroes and they finally just gave up and refunded me the original mouse purchase price and basically told me to find another vendor.

Scroll wheel on the legendary will just stop scrolling down after a few months, left click starts double clicking on the hero after a few months, I can fix this with the one I still have by prying the left click button open and then bending it. I should not have to do this poo poo. None of these have insane use hours either the most is 400 hours. That is a lovely lifespace for a gaming mouse.

What's an actually good mouse to replace this with?

Maybe they'll fix their quality control at some point but right now it's stupid.

That sucks, I've had a G502 for, christ, 4 years now and have used it so much that the letters on the bottom are gone and I've had to replace those little feet on the bottom 6-7 times. The wrapping around the cable has long worn away so now its an ugly fuzzy mess where that is gone and the rubber wire pokes out, on the way to the computer. It has given me absolutely zero issues the whole time I've used it and its still going strong.

The hell are you doing to your mice?!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KakerMix posted:

That sucks, I've had a G502 for, christ, 4 years now and have used it so much that the letters on the bottom are gone and I've had to replace those little feet on the bottom 6-7 times. The wrapping around the cable has long worn away so now its an ugly fuzzy mess where that is gone and the rubber wire pokes out, on the way to the computer. It has given me absolutely zero issues the whole time I've used it and its still going strong.

The hell are you doing to your mice?!

nothing unusual if you Google these are all common problems in the last few years. As I said my old logitech mice lasted forever.

Logitech currently has quality control issues and they are getting worse. They are cheaping out on parts.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

pixaal posted:

nothing unusual if you Google these are all common problems in the last few years. As I said my old logitech mice lasted forever.

Logitech currently has quality control issues and they are getting worse. They are cheaping out on parts.

They've been doing this for a while. They used to be a solid manufacturing company that mostly supplied OEMs back in the day, so when they branched out to general consumer retail products and eventually gaming stuff, it was initially all solidly built stuff with good parts, etc. Then they started focusing on the gaming poo poo in the mid to late 2000's, and that's when they started their decline.

They do still have some decent stuff, but the QC is bad and getting worse, and it's more and more a crapshoot nowadays with logitech stuff. If some modern logitech product seems good, it's very likely there's a better/cheaper alternative out there. If you have a really old logitech device, treasure it. You probably won't be replacing it with a logitech device when it finally dies on you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My old Logitech PC speakers finally started dying on me but the new ones I got both ended up having technical issues and I ended up switching brands. They really have gone to poo poo really fast.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Their K400+ keyboard is the perfect wireless keyboard for a home theater PC.

I'm typing on one right now!

Hell yeah. :respek:

I use a K400+ for my home theater, and it's just perfect. The perfect keyboard for that purpose.

I've been using their Z506 speakers for a while now, they're pretty decent but pick up interference from my phone a lot. time to invest in $1000 audiophile 3.5mm / RCA cables I guess

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

G502 proteus core is the best mouse I've ever used. I've had the same one for years and if it ever wears out I'll just get another one.

I put all the weights in for firmness. Even though, I have Logitech's G HUB installed, I still just use the default hardware controls. Nice mouse!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Zeluth posted:

I put all the weights in for firmness. Even though, I have Logitech's G HUB installed, I still just use the default hardware controls. Nice mouse!

I replaced my MX510 with a G502 two years ago because the left button was starting to lose any sense of give, and was warned by a lot of people that Logitech is garbage anymore.

I guess I lucked out because this thing is just as solid as the MX510 ever was

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MrQwerty posted:

I replaced my MX510 with a G502 two years ago because the left button was starting to lose any sense of give, and was warned by a lot of people that Logitech is garbage anymore.

I guess I lucked out because this thing is just as solid as the MX510 ever was

Thing is about skimping on quality control is that it doesn't mean all or even most of their products are gonna be busted out the box, but an increasing percentage are and it's not worth the bullshit.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I like Logitech and also like Corsair too, my mouse charges wirelessly which rocks, and my RAM, mousemat, mouse and keyboard all sync up using RGB, which I have set to a nice white glow

I am getting a new monitor soon, Logitech don't make those

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is about skimping on quality control is that it doesn't mean all or even most of their products are gonna be busted out the box, but an increasing percentage are and it's not worth the bullshit.

oh I'm up to my rear end in QC, I've been in manufacturing for most of a decade and currently work on an SMD line. I just didn't realize Logitech's QC had gone that far into the shitscape because I've always had excellent experiences with them.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I've mainly used logitech mice for the last 20 years, and yes, I like how they feel.. BUT they use some REALLY lovely switches for their left/right clicks that result in releasing the buttons as registering as fast double clicks. Their support made me video myself having the issue and then once they realized it was for real they sent me a replacement that started doing the same thing within a couple months.

So I'm probably going to use something else next time like steel series or something, idk

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

you dont have to buy a special washable keyboard. you can just buy silicone keyboard covers for any keyboard at all that you want to shoot loads at

I dont want a keyboard cover because it will yellow over time and look like a greasy condom. It's like keeping the protective tape on the sides of the monitor where it just looks like you are forever about to get up to no good

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 6, 2020

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Got a pair of cheap Logitech speakers for my laptop delivered today since wearing headphones all the time has been irritating my left ear. I'm hoping that they'll help eliminate/reduce the dreaded "feedback" tomorrow during my Zoom sessions tomorrow. At 5 watts (10 watts peak), they are perfect for apartment living. I've also got a wired optical mouse that has served me well for the past three years.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have a g502 too and its good except for the dumb nylon covered cable, its too stiff and if u cut the nylon off its much more flexible

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I guess i can see how a mouse could be worth a 100 dollars for precision headshots or whatever, but i have an Amazon basics keyboard and it keyboards just fine. I don't really know what more keyboard it can do.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

UltraRed posted:

I paid 100+ bucks for a mouse that sometimes register a click as a double click because the cheap assholes switched to chinese switches instead of the Japanese one to save a few cents per mouse. Suck my rear end, logitech.
The Japanese switches have the same problem and lots of their mice come with them. Logitech gets hit with the problem faster than other brands despite using the same switches because they run them out of spec.

I soldered in kailh switches to my g703 and haven't looked back. Kailh is Chinese but they're a good switch company for mice & keyboards. Mouse switches are like $1 anyway no matter what ones you buy.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 6, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I dont want a keyboard cover because it will yellow over time and look like a greasy condom
that your keyboard cover will inevitably look like a used condom is exactly why its necessary in the first place

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have a steelseries apex 100 keyboard and a corsair harpoon mouse. both were purchased because they were open box and thus cheap. I like them both a lot, the keyboard is basic but feels great and is heavy and solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I guess i can see how a mouse could be worth a 100 dollars for precision headshots or whatever, but i have an Amazon basics keyboard and it keyboards just fine. I don't really know what more keyboard it can do.
LOL If you're keyboard is incapable of lighting up under the keys like an airport runway on a foggy night, then it's objectively garbage.