Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yes, several times.

However, off the top of my head we only ever see the students attending lessons for Yuta's "introduce yourself to class" segment in JJK0, and in silent montages.

This seems in line with most battle school-themed serials I've seen, that will have one maybe two scenes total with a teacher providing lessons in the classroom throughout their entire run. I peg it on Japan's obsession with highschool being a ball and chain for authors not actually interested in school settings (or depicting the boring parts of thereof at least).

This is accurate for JJK I believe , Gege was never going to add in the school setting, it was a mandate from his editors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

AlternateNu posted:

Not really a fan of MHA, but from the first season, I really liked Aizawa. :v:
The Japanese VA for Aizawa also does Sukuna's voice IIRC

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I thought Rika disappeared at the end of the movie? She's back now?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's Rika as manifested by Yuta's cursed technique.

Like, you could care, that's a thing you can do, but there's really no reason to, nor can I think of a good reason to spoiler tag it. It's just Anime Nonsense, he still has Rika, that's really all you need to know logistically.

There isn't some story tied to it or anything.

Taima fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 9, 2024

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Asuron posted:

This is accurate for JJK I believe , Gege was never going to add in the school setting, it was a mandate from his editors.

This makes sense if it's true. It's always so bizarre when they refer to "Jujutsu High" when they're clearly secret shadowy cabal government workers. Chainsaw Man supremacy yet again!!

It works for MHA because they're explicitly normalizing hero society.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Taima posted:

It's Rika as manifested by Yuta's cursed technique.

Like, you could care, that's a thing you can do, but there's really no reason to, nor can I think of a good reason to spoiler tag it. It's just Anime Nonsense, he still has Rika, that's really all you need to know logistically.

There isn't some story tied to it or anything.

What exactly is his cursed technique because the last fight of the movie made it seem like he can just do whatever he wants

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What exactly is his cursed technique because the last fight of the movie made it seem like he can just do whatever he wants

His CT is "do whatever he wants"

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Did I miss inumaki losing his arm (arms?) during Sukuna's rampage or was that supposed to be news to the audience too

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Did I miss inumaki losing his arm (arms?) during Sukuna's rampage or was that supposed to be news to the audience too

Its news, its not shown on screen/panel

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
That was news to the audience, and the way it was written made me initially think Yuta was responsible for loppin em off.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

you get one very small hint that Inumaki might be hurt/dead when Sukuna uses his Domain and two girls talk about a "guy with a megaphone" being close by.

other than that no.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

dipwood posted:

This makes sense if it's true. It's always so bizarre when they refer to "Jujutsu High" when they're clearly secret shadowy cabal government workers. Chainsaw Man supremacy yet again!!

It works for MHA because they're explicitly normalizing hero society.

It's actually a massively wealthy land endowment scheme (huge land holding in tokyo??? they're richer than god)and they call themselves a high school to dodge taxes. all this curse stuff is window dressing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

He (Rika) copies the abilities he sees, but in a more limited form and without all the "spent years learning the ins and outs" knowledge. He didn't have the amount of control that Inumaki does, when he was using the conjured megaphone.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
He also doesn't seem to take the blowback that Inumaki suffers either when using his technique.

The only true limitation that I'm aware of is, he can only fully control "Rika" for 5 minutes I guess? Which is a central part of his copying ability, since it's the manifestation of Rika that is doing it or otherwise completing the set of requirements.

Idk. Yuta is surprisingly vaguely written, and he's so powerful as a character that Gege can't really even use him that much. Which was also the main issue with Gojo, and as a result, neither fit very well into the overall narrative.

Yuta mostly exists to do Cool poo poo and then gently caress off for large stretches of time for Reasons.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://x.com/unseenjapansite/status/1744820598587740398?s=46

the jogo pizzza

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saying "Fuga Open!" everytime I turn on the pizza oven.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Shinjuku lookin like a snack

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Seems like the blurays are out that have the (animation complete) big Sukuna fight in them and people have them

https://twitter.com/v2TokyoGhost/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770165013568774296

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Don't worry, Soul Society swapped in a fake Shibuya.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RubberLuffy posted:

Seems like the blurays are out that have the (animation complete) big Sukuna fight in them and people have them

https://twitter.com/v2TokyoGhost/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770165013568774296

:stare:

Yooooooooooo. What the gently caress, I've never seen upgrades like that. Even the Madoka blurays didn't go that hard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlternateNu posted:

:stare:

Yooooooooooo. What the gently caress, I've never seen upgrades like that. Even the Madoka blurays didn't go that hard.

The animators did say they were only able to get like 80% of that fight finished or something along those lines.

Sukuna looks so loving clean in that first one.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Electric Phantasm posted:

The animators did say they were only able to get like 80% of that fight finished or something along those lines.

Sukuna looks so loving clean in that first one.

I thought it was some crazy lower number like 30% which tracks with how insane those clips look

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i really want to see the fights but i also really don't want to pay for blu rays

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/i/status/1770204593416262109

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I love how Sukuna is doing fake-outs by performing the gestures but not actually activating his technique. I guess he's testing how Mahoroga would react? That's an awesome detail.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Flailing his arms in rapid motion until the wheel snaps and he throws an uppercut that connects :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://x.com/ragnar_ay/status/1770802239310835946?s=46&t=Yntt7G3i9J81WH8r8EaHnw

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Thats crazy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah