Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

It took about a month to get the shower tray sorted out properly, which involved getting the builde back to take up the floor, add more noggins and strengthen it, then get the plumbers back to do the tray.

I then fit the lvt floor, and finished the tiling and grouting.

Result:

Sponged down:

Now to clean the place:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drat, I love that tile. So cheery!

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
lookin good!

what lvt did you go for? i put some down in our bathroom as a stop gap to replace ugly old lino but I hosed up the fitting in a lot of places and there are gaps. Also I was too lazy to take the toilet out and tried to cut around it. ho hum

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Update to come! Meanwhile, I worked out why the ufh heating we had installed 2 years ago never worked - plumber hooked up the ufh flow to the heating return, so the the ufh pump has been pushing directly against the boiler and auxiliary pump for 2 years. I'm amazed none of them have blown. Called the original installer up and he is going to fix it on thursday.

Also I changed a two port valve head, which was sticking open and making the boiler run 24/7

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Gasmask posted:

lookin good!

what lvt did you go for? i put some down in our bathroom as a stop gap to replace ugly old lino but I hosed up the fitting in a lot of places and there are gaps. Also I was too lazy to take the toilet out and tried to cut around it. ho hum

We got some cheap click stuff from flooring superstore I think, went down ok and seems pretty durable

Yeah if you don't take the toilet off you don't get a good result, but if it is an old toilet with a perished seal then you get what happened to me (points up thread)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Units are now fitted

Just silicone left to do, and replace light

Oh yeah and put a door on it so people can't see me taking massive dumps

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Three posting stations, thats lavish

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Bumping

The images in the thread seem ok, I thought they might be lost due to Imgur being screwy.

In lieu of proper content, foreshadowing

This water is not flowing in the so called normal direction

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Toilet flush?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

A new project dawns!

First we must enter the underworld.

This barrier will not stop us.

We have created a hole!

Now to grab my trusty companion Boris the Bucket.

Get in the hole Boris you fat oval office. loving wedged himself in there.

Another barrier, made of pipes!

Luckily the pipes are suspended using live wires, removing them should be easy (it wasn't)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Exciting. I dunno what youre up to down there but what you should be doing is:

underfloor cavity robot spray insulation!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

although actually youve got a lot of room down there. You could get a child in

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CancerCakes posted:

Another barrier, made of pipes!

Is that asbestos insulation on the pipes?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

no i dont think so, its the same stuff i lagged some of my copper pipes with where I was building them into a wall

https://www.toolstation.com/celafelt-stitched-pipe-lagging/p62471?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed

that kind of stuff

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

devicenull posted:

Is that asbestos insulation on the pipes?

I thought they were felt, but 99 says they are felt so RIP me.

Onwards!

Remove wasp nest.

Test submarine vents.

Edit submarine vents.

Apply DPM

Apply primer to surfaces.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Wine cellar?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Gasmask posted:

Wine cellar?

Welcome to my wine cellar, it has an authentic 3ft ceiling.

Time to cram the insulation through trap hole. It fitted.

And then cram some insulation between a joist and a wall. This void is too wide to be left uninsulated, but too narrow to membrane.

Fit submarine vents, these allow underfloor ventilation to be maintained. They were edited to fit the 1930s airbrick apertures.

Commence membrane fitting.

This is pretty hard work stapling it up, but reasonably quick. I will do a post about membranes at some point.

Taping the membrane is very time consuming. I will do a post about tapes at some point.

At this point I am still taping, but nearing the end of AVCL membrane application stage. After that is insulation and breather membrane, then done! (For this room)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Once the AVCL is done, everything else goes quick

Cram some glass wool up there and temp support with membrane offcuts

Looking good

The recommended breather membrane cost a bomb, so for the same price I am using this breather quilt, which is also insulation. Provides the equivalent to 140 mm glass wool, which is twice what is up in the joists! But is only 8mm thick so I can staple it up. And I can get it from Toolstation.

Looks pretty professional

And I've run out with one section to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bullshit