Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

holy holm emptying her entire special bar

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Welp.. I loving hated it, but maybe I'm biased.

To the judges, CommonShore!

Edit: ugh. I feel ill. It's like mma blueballs or something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BrotherJayne posted:

Welp.. I loving hated it, but maybe I'm biased.

To the judges, CommonShore!

I concede.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Why did I stay up for this when I'm getting up in less than 3 hours?

Answer: I have no loving idea. What a bad decision on my part

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

*handshake* it was an honor, if not a pleasure. Thank you sir, better luck next time

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
That fight wasn't that bad. Holly was more active than normal and mixed in some decent takedowns. It just got kind of samey because Aldana can't figure out how to cut off the cage to save her life and ran into a million side kicks the second she got into distance.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I thought it was... OK? Not terrible, but I'll most likely never watch it again

The ending was pretty cool, never seen Holly try to go out and kill someone like that

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
My wife turns to me and she says “I don’t like watching her fight”

She actually engaged, she looked good. She didn’t finish

I personally didn’t like it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a good fight for Holly Holm but like, the bet was "great fight" in general and Holm failed you CommonShore.

:smith:

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Are you all insane.

Holly looked fantastic. That was a ton of fun.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I found myself just praying for her knee to go out, or lightning to strike her, or a goddamn right low kick.

gently caress

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Nierbo posted:

Holly Holm sucks and has the leathery droopy skin of a 80 year old lifelong smoker. Therefore I am rooting for Aldana.

What is this.

What has his forum become.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

never seen Holly try to go out and kill someone like that

This is why its good for a holm fight, but bad for any other fighter

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the ending with the head kicks was pretty hype though.

it was like watching a show as a kid knowing the main character has this new special attack and they're fighting someone hard and you're just like "c'mon when's he gonna use his special attack!" then when it finally happens :wow:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Agent Tough Juice posted:

What is this.

Jesus? Or Lowtax

Fake E: or Jeffery. Whose forum is this anyways

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm mostly going to try to be honourable in any of these bets I make and admit if I lost. That fight had 40 seconds of good action, and some interesting striking technique, but it wasn't fun.

I'll come up with a less subjective criteria for next weekend's card's prediction bet.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

beep by grandpa posted:

the ending with the head kicks was pretty hype though.

it was like watching a show as a kid knowing the main character has this new special attack and they're fighting someone hard and you're just like "c'mon when's he gonna use his special attack!" then when it finally happens :wow:

Yeah, I think it's a good strat for her. Run until they're wilting, get the takedown with a manly throw, then blast kicks in at face level

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

CommonShore posted:

I'm mostly going to try to be honourable in any of these bets I make and admit if I lost. That fight had 40 seconds of good action, and some interesting striking technique, but it wasn't fun.

I'll come up with a less subjective criteria for next weekend's card's prediction bet.

Tbh if you had raved about the 40 seconds, I'd have conceded m'self.

That poo poo is just so frustrating to watch though

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nierbo posted:

Holly Holm sucks and has the leathery droopy skin of a 80 year old lifelong smoker. Therefore I am rooting for Aldana.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

What is this.

I think the remark isn't really that egregious but it is kinda edging too close to that territory.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
I'm not sorry I watched that fight. I thought it was good. I think the bar is just high now because there have been so many ridiculously hype fights lately that something that's just pretty decent seems comparatively meh.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BrotherJayne posted:

Tbh if you had raved about the 40 seconds, I'd have conceded m'self.

That poo poo is just so frustrating to watch though

Yeah when I got frustrated was when I decided that unless there was a crazy finish at the end that I was done. No fight should leave me feeling frustrated as a viewer. That's a bad fight. The 40 seconds somehow made it worse because it revealed that Holm had it in her the whole time.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I'm not sorry I watched that fight. I thought it was good. I think the bar is just high now because there have been so many ridiculously hype fights lately that something that's just pretty decent seems comparatively meh.

A good statement from a good person.

I have watched many, many bad fights over the years. That was not one of them.

It was especially fun to watch Holm put together some wrestling.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
When Aldana was just chasing Holm around the entire first round I knew what the rest of the fight would look like. If you've seen one UD from Holm you've seen them all.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

Tezcatlipoca posted:

When Aldana was just chasing Holm around the entire first round I knew what the rest of the fight would look like. ...

Yeah, absolutely this. Strangely, if anybody deserves blame for throwing a wet blanket on what could have been a better fight then I think it was Aldana. Why the hell would Holm get more aggressive or change anything up when everything she did in R1 continued to work exactly the same the whole way through?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Apply right foot to left midsection.

Like... how was Aldana's corner not screaming for it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BrotherJayne posted:

Apply right foot to left midsection.

Like... how was Aldana's corner not screaming for it

The range was off for body kicks. She needed to start cutting the other direction and just risk eating the straight lefts. In fact, I think Felder and Hardy said something to that effect in round 2. She also needed to just cover up, plant, and throw while Holm was charging in. A clean left hook amid one of hte Holm flurries could have been fight changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Because she was almost never in range for it. It's hard to kick somebody from 7 feet away and if she ever got within that distance then she ran right into a side kick immediately. Also, Holm fought southpaw the whole way through.

EDIT - Yup this ^^^