Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Simping is posting too many Simpson's quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

UltraRed posted:

I'm gonna hit you with one of these!

*Donates 4.20*

plx like me

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
be
your
own
simp

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ocean Book posted:

be
your
own
simp

Their second record is alright

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah I'm a simp

For weed

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i wanna be saaaaaved

how come when i was broke you wasn't brooooown nosin'?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Grevling posted:

All I know is you're not supposed to do it in September. Thankfully it's October now so it's open season for simping.

Simptober

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Simps are paypigs without the personal interaction

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Zzulu posted:

It was started by incels who thought anyone giving women attention were simpletons

Then it was absorbed into internet "culture" (lol) and became a general term for like, those guys who spend all day in popular female streamers channels giving them all their money

Incels just started to focus their hatred of women on twitch and onlyfans. It's the same meaning used by the same people.

The same people that would look at that Pokimane image and not even question if the comments were joking or sarcastic. Or most likely weirdos trolling her making fun of what they think people that donate to her are like.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

UltraRed posted:

Simping is watching Simpsons episodes made after about 1998 at latest and pretending to enjoy them.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Simp is short for simpering not simpleton lol

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

some bust on that guy posted:

Incels just started to focus their hatred of women on twitch and onlyfans. It's the same meaning used by the same people.

The same people that would look at that Pokimane image and not even question if the comments were joking or sarcastic. Or most likely weirdos trolling her making fun of what they think people that donate to her are like.

Folks spending way too much time and money on parasocial relationships are definitely a real thing and definitely funny regardless of how authentic that image is or how incels feel about it.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Simping is watching Simpsons episodes made after about 1998 at latest and pretending to enjoy them.

More pathetic than findom fetish imo.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Snackula posted:

Folks spending way too much time and money on parasocial relationships are definitely a real thing and definitely funny regardless of how authentic that image is or how incels feel about it.

Yes but Poodeepie and Ninja and DrDisprerect make so much money for just being annoying while playing video games but guys really have a problem with the women doing it too. The fanbase for the women are definitely thought of as lower and funnier in comparison.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
dudes make a lot more money being annoying video game man with fans lapping it up but somehow doing that doesn't make you a loser simp. IU wonder what the difference is here

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Sex + No ethical consumption under Capitalism = A bridge too far capitalism apologists. See also: any other sex work.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

UltraRed posted:

https://i.imgur.com/bz8uBqK.mp4

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/MS8W1dn.mp4

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

I wonder what this guy is doing right now

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
it's gabe newell fyi

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cubivore posted:

dudes make a lot more money being annoying video game man with fans lapping it up but somehow doing that doesn't make you a loser simp. IU wonder what the difference is here

Nobody wants to have sex with those guys

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if you buy pewdiepie something off his amazon wishlist you are a simp

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

People do that?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

If you buy off a wishlist for anyone you don't personally know.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Just based on seeing random pictures of pewdiepie over the years, it looks like he became a heavily tattooed eurotrash junkie and well, it's good work if you can get it I guess

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

If you buy off a wishlist for anyone you don't personally know.

What about random acts of simping

Simping it forward

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Simp my neg hole

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Simone Magus posted:

Nobody wants to have sex with those guys

that's not true they have hordes of weird fangirls except the gamer mans would probably actually have sex with them if they really wanted

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Solar Tornado posted:

Simp my neg hole

Drokk!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Flannelette posted:

People do that?

no idea. the point is lots of gamer girlz have wishlists and venmos and bath water for their horny pay pigs to simp for them. the same is true if you reverse the genders; i just dont think it happens as much

that said, if you can get a legion of simps to fill your bank account, go get that bread

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm the simp's boner.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 14, 2020

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

gettin' that bread from fools who think emotions are transactional and purchasable

From a few pages ago but I think this is the serious misunderstanding these people have. When they hear terms like 'reciprocation' or that relationships 'need a bit of give and take' it seems like they conclude that a romantic relationship is identical to a business relationship, or something like that. It's kind of like how people fall in love with strippers? They pay them money, then they go back again and the stripper is happy to see them, they think "she really likes me" so they keep going back, and the stripper is nicer every time, maybe lets them touch bits other people aren't normally allowed to, and the person thinks it's something really genuine between them. The person paying for it all doesn't ever consider that it's the strippers' job to be as nice as possible so that they will keep coming back, and that they have a bunch of clients just like that.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Gotta remember those ABCs:
Always Be Ckayfabing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TheMostFrench posted:

It's kind of like how people fall in love with strippers