Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Geoff Moore and the Distance? Yes, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i got a new job with a bunch of gen x'ers and learned there's this somewhat popular "christian" rapper called NF. i don't think he goes by the christian label anymore but it's like

mom can i listen to this intellectual hiphop dealing with mental health and emotional issues? [pic of atmosphere, rhymesayers et al]
mom: no we have intellectual hiphop dealing with mental health and emotional issues at home. [pic of NF]

dude can't even swear lol.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

thank you so much op

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SKILLET

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

my bitter bi rival posted:

thank you so much op

op was talking to ME!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Fart Sandwiches posted:

hmmmm what’s more interesting, singin about how much you love Jesus or doing drugs and singing about that instead

bands that are normal bands and have Christians in them by happenstance are one thing, but yeah, bands about Jesus are as interesting as hearing someone tell you about their dreams

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Doc Block posted:

as interesting as hearing someone tell you about their dreams

lol. that’s a powerful line.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
:tipshat:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Doc Block posted:

bands that are normal bands and have Christians in them by happenstance are one thing, but yeah, bands about Jesus are as interesting as hearing someone tell you about their dreams

i figure it is more because of commercial forces than anything though; got to appeal to all denominations, and certainly not be seen saying/singing anything theologically interesting enough to risk being heretical to half the audience.

lots of bands have lyrics dumb enough that slotting in a suitably interesting sermon would actually be more listenable content.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i figure it is more because of commercial forces than anything though; got to appeal to all denominations, and certainly not be seen saying/singing anything theologically interesting enough to risk being heretical to half the audience.

lots of bands have lyrics dumb enough that slotting in a suitably interesting sermon would actually be more listenable content.

https://youtu.be/qQMZvevmFIk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at the christian superstore in town (yes thats what it was called) there were catalogues and you could look up your favorite secular bands and find similar christian bands

god some were so terrible

I really don't mind Chevelle and they may have been christian, but not sure

and yeah lol was BIG into creed. they were half christian or something. scott stapp used to get drunk as gently caress tho he might have had problems lmao

and lmaooooooo what about when head from korn saw the light and left korn because he would hide in a cupboard instead of doing coke and boning fine ladies and then made this

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

at the christian superstore in town (yes thats what it was called) there were catalogues and you could look up your favorite secular bands and find similar christian bands

god some were so terrible

I really don't mind Chevelle and they may have been christian, but not sure

and yeah lol was BIG into creed. they were half christian or something. scott stapp used to get drunk as gently caress tho he might have had problems lmao

and lmaooooooo what about when head from korn saw the light and left korn because he would hide in a cupboard instead of doing coke and boning fine ladies and then made this

for all the non-nzers, this is a very christchurch set of stories

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

not enough racism and murder

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

if you want some scott stapp you should really check out his new lol i can’t type that and pretend its good but listen to this song he did for the florida marlins baseball team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

if you want some scott stapp you should really check out his new lol i can’t type that and pretend its good but listen to this song he did for the florida marlins baseball team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHytoS8lKoQ

this was for some PS2 MLB game and of course I was super into this band as an angsty teen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk what exactly it is that I can't deal with but I love me some heavy music, but dropping an anthemy chorus, big chords, big harmonies

but it's not always terrible. falling away from me by korn does it but I can handle it

idk. just stop trying to sing