Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Pick posted:

worst scifi movie: johnny neumonic

what the gently caress!

what about all those lovely sci-fi movies from the 50s that's about the not-USSR invading but are inevitably defeated by faith in god?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i kinda like johnny neumonic. true, i have only ever caught chunks of it while dogsitting

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Johnny Mnemonic, which I am apparently alone in spelling properly, is my favorite terrible movie. It's bad, but it's really fun bad and the nineties industrial soundtrack is perfect for it. Everyone should see it at least once.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It has a cybernetic dolphin fighting a cybernetic Dolph Lundgren, thus by definition it cannot be the worst sci-fi movie

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jonnie pneumatic

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

joanie nemonic

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Johnny Mnemonic is a masterpiece and a thousand times better than The Matrix and I will kill the families of anyone who says different.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Jonny Five-Memes

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Mnemnes

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

quote:

We've still got five copies of “Johnny Mnemonic.“
If that's not your cup of tea, we've also got “The Making of Johnny Mnemonic."

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

If you ever forget about Johnny Mnemonic, use this helpful mnemonic device: the name of the movie is "Johnny Mnemonic".

E: if he forgets his scarf in the winter, he becomes Johnny Pneumonic.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 20, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Insert a Name Here posted:

Pick, you're a lil older than most of the goons here. Did you ever read "Vampirella," and if so, how was it different from other "lady soldier" themed sci-fi? I've been meaning to get a critique on it for a lil while since the title is now in my name but I didn't work on it during the Warren Publishing era at all.

wtf am I actually?? I'm 31 I think that's a normal goon age?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
31?! You are like a young baby. Not like me at the ripe old age of 32.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I turned 27 just a month ago.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Roth posted:

I turned 27 just a month ago.

Cherish your youth while you got it, kid.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~
Theres never been an official census but a decade ago being mid 20s was like being a Jedi to a circle of padawan to be.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pick posted:

she likes phasers more than lightsabers, and thinks lightsabers "are dumb"

Lightsabers are not dumb :catbert:

Tell your mom I said thank you for answering my question and that wish her well and she is cool

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Who What Now posted:

31?! You are like a young baby. Not like me at the ripe old age of 32.

Laughs in 33 years old.

Ouch my back.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If anyone asks I'm 27, that includes a bald man with a barcode on the back of his head

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

My question for you and/or your mom is, what makes good sci-fi and what distinguishes it from bad sci-fi?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

On a related note, to the question above, does your mom care about the distinction between hard sci-fi and soft sci-fi?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Do you and your mom like competing franchises? Like you're way into trek and hate star wars but your mom can't stand trek and prefers star wars?

Because that poo poo just screams, "sitcom!"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What's the deal with those rocket shaped brassieres? Are they actually rockets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Weka posted:

What's the deal with those rocket shaped brassieres? Are they actually rockets?

I think you know the answer to that.

Best film that took place in the future but now technically talks place today/in the past?

Also goung back to yhe Johnjy Mmemonic chat the flim would have been ten times better if it starred Nicolas Cage.
Just imagine him giving the room service speech.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 4, 2020