Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

you could be that bully

REMake let's go

(Not sure how well that one even functions tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

REMake let's go

(Not sure how well that one even functions tbh)

I haven't even played the original

off the top of my head, I'm probably capable of completing dark souls 1 randos in a single sitting. Most other games I'd need multiple seeds of practice to start getting sub-5 hour and make it a plausible race

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Nep-Nep ruined me. I don't know what their final time was, mine was 15:55:29. What's wild is that we did this 2 years ago, and my time was near an hour better than it was then. MM5 Dark Man 3 and MM10 Wily 4 were my stumbling blocks. Well played, Nep-Nep, MM7 final Wily didn't ruin you enough to lose!

Oyster fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 9, 2020

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
GG Oyster, that was exhausting but also a lot of fun, my breakdown of individual games was:
1- 47:50
2- 59:19
3- 55:02
4- 1:19:07
5- 1:19:01
6- 1:00:39
7- 1:59:26
8 cutscene% - 1:40:41
9- 57:10
10- 1:12:03
11- 1:40:37

Total time including breaks was 14:43:01. MM7 Wily was definitely a roadblock for me but then I just randomly had "the run" and somehow only got hit once the whole fight. Having to do the boss refights 3 times was painful though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

cheetah7071 posted:

I haven't even played the original

off the top of my head, I'm probably capable of completing dark souls 1 randos in a single sitting. Most other games I'd need multiple seeds of practice to start getting sub-5 hour and make it a plausible race
I'd need to play a bunch to brush the dust off, and figure out if I could even stream it with my weird half-good-half-potato computer, but if the stars align, I could DS1 rando race you.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
i dont really know about general rules in a randomizer race. is it meant to be played glitchless or anything allowed? dark souls is a really intriguing idea, but it can be broken in half at the drop of a hat.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Nep-Nep posted:

GG Oyster, that was exhausting but also a lot of fun, my breakdown of individual games was:
1- 47:50
2- 59:19
3- 55:02
4- 1:19:07
5- 1:19:01
6- 1:00:39
7- 1:59:26
8 cutscene% - 1:40:41
9- 57:10
10- 1:12:03
11- 1:40:37

Total time including breaks was 14:43:01. MM7 Wily was definitely a roadblock for me but then I just randomly had "the run" and somehow only got hit once the whole fight. Having to do the boss refights 3 times was painful though.

And to compare:

1 - 40:40
2 - 52:52
3 - 1:13:56
4 - 1:21:22
5 - 1:41:16
6 - 1:10:24
7 - 1:26:45
8 cutscene% - 1:45:58
9 - 1:04:34
10 - 2:03:13
11 - 1:42:21

Hardly the even split it was when we did this two years ago, but also reaaaalllly close on most of the games. I definitely choked on 5 and 10.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

i dont really know about general rules in a randomizer race. is it meant to be played glitchless or anything allowed? dark souls is a really intriguing idea, but it can be broken in half at the drop of a hat.

That really depends on the game, but close to glitchless is the default yeah. Not much point in playing a rando if you just ignore the randomness and skip everything that's supposed to require the items you haven't found

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The trick, and what varies from game to game and even from ruleset to ruleset, is what counts as a glitch (not allowed) and what counts as a trick (allowed). Is skipping most of the Catacombs with a couple of strategic falls to bum rush Pinwheel intended? Probably not, but God, I can’t imagine a speed run without it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
:siren::spooky::drac:Vs Series - Friday the 13th aka Renfield's Revenge is a go!:drac::spooky::siren:

The whispers of Draculas impending resurrection hang in the air..
Can the team of Inspector's stop Renfield from drawing the blood he needs?..
Or will Renfield succeed in resurrecting his Master to exact this revenge..

On Friday the 13th Infinitum will take on a team of 3 Goons in
Whitehall Mstery
(Reskinned for Dracula purposes!)

Twitch Channel :siren:
https://twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

-------------------------------------------
Starting Time
  • 9:30am Nov 14th - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Nov 13th - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Nov 13th - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Nov 13th - GMT (London)

If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Whitehall Mystery takes 1-2 hours at most to play, and won't be a 3-4 hour game like Fury.

Inspector Team
ShallNoiseUpon
VideoGames
Mystic Mongol

'Betting' aka Donations

If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a Vampire Killer gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $10

1.) Make a donation to the BLM movement, or your countries Red Cross, or another worthy charity.
2.) Post a pic of your donation in the Vs Series Thread, alongside who you would like to win. (Either "Infinitum" or "Inspectors")
3.) If you voted for the winner, you will receive either the new gangtag or a tag of your choice.
4.) If you voted for the losing team?.. Well.. :rolldice:

:siren: Remember to post Donations + who're you're 'betting' on in the Vs Series thread if you want the gangtag :siren:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
very cool stuff, i am glad that Infinitum is keeping it rolling

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Surely Infinitum can win this one

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
The Infinitum rematch is going live in 0 to 5 minutes!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pmush, are you still playing pokemon? I will play you in either randbats or Monotype best of 7 or Gen 1 ou.

Also I'll stream it

Our grudge is that I really like your name, but want you to change it to mushroom perfection for a single day if I win.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

aniviron posted:

:hellyeah: I am so good at grudging.

UT2k4 is down to $2, so if you're still game, I'm game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Pmush, are you still playing pokemon? I will play you in either randbats or Monotype best of 7 or Gen 1 ou.

Also I'll stream it

Our grudge is that I really like your name, but want you to change it to mushroom perfection for a single day if I win.
I don't know if I want to swing the $16 that would cost.

I'll definitely play Gen 1 OU with you some time, though. Randbat and Monotype are fun, but I've fallen extremely far behind on what the SwSh meta is like. (Also rand allows dynamaxing, and I'm still a bit :chloe: about that in PVP)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You’re incorrigible.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

To prepare, I'm gathering up fistfuls of garlic bulbs and sacred wafers as we speak! :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

You’re incorrigible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3G_UKIEeM

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Some Goon posted:

If aniviron isn't I am! I have it on GoG which I hope works fine.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Man with Hat posted:

If aniviron isn't I am! I have it on GoG which I hope works fine.

I've got gog too, and I have no idea how to set up multiplayer. I assume it works.

To establish the requisite forums grudge:

"You have an ugly and stupid butt."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This has been ~hell week~ for me due to work / family / christmas commitments, but everything seems to be queued up!
Some I'm dropping by to drop the deets of the rematch!

Click for main Vs Thread with replays of Rounds 1 & 2! :siren:

Dracula was defeated in Round 1!
Renfield managed to revive his Master in Round 2!

Will Dracula get his revenge?
Will The Hunters find him on Turn 2 again?

Twitch Channel :siren:
twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

Starting Time
  • 9:30am Dec 6th - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Dec 5th - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Dec 5th - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Dec 5th - GMT (London)
If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Games typically average around 2-3 hours, so please be aware if you are tuned in.

Hunter Team :drac:
- A Cup of Ramen
- Arzaac
- Major Isoor
- Prokhor

Commentators
ShallNoiseUpon :siren:
VideoGames :siren: (Potentially busy!)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 3, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Fury of Dracula Rematch is in 11 1/2 hours time! :siren:
Last time I'll bump this, I'll just link the twitch stream when we're about to go live

Hunter Team :drac:
- Mystic Mongol replaces Prokhor

It's :toxx: vs :toxx: as well!

Infinitum posted:

:toxx: If the Hunter Team manages to defeat me I will be probated for 3 days :toxx:

Major Isoor posted:

And we, the hunters* take you up on this challenge! If we somehow lose (scoff) we'll submit to a three day probation, too. :toxx:
* Pending Arzaac's confirmation, from his end

Regardless of outcome some nerds are gonna get probed! :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: We're live with the Fury of Dracula Rematch! :siren:

Whoever loses gets probated for 3 days! :toxx:

https://twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Some Goon posted:

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. If you wound up getting it, I accept the challenge. Best of five, 10 minute time limit, we both pick two maps and Rankin is the neutral ground, as is tradition?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Also I'll stream it

Are you still interested in this?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Are you still interested in this?

Yeah sorry holiday time is crazy at work. I don't know what we could rework the challenge idea to but we'll play.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah sorry holiday time is crazy at work. I don't know what we could rework the challenge idea to but we'll play.
I think I have an idea. We'll play RBY OU, best of seven. You stream it, I don't wanna deal with the :effort:. If you win, I will donate :10bux:, the price of a username change, to the charity of your choice. If I win, I'll donate to the charity of my choice instead.

Might be a couple weeks before I can make good on that, money's a little tight right now, but I'll :toxx: on it.

Edit: I'll also take a probe based on how many games you win, if you beat me.
4-3: One day, and my rap sheet will forever proclaim your victory with a GIF of the Gen 1 Pokemon of your choice.
4-2: Three days, same
4-1: One week, same

And if you somehow manage to clean sweep me, 4-0, I will put in for a self-probate for a month and double the size of the donation.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 22, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I think I have an idea. We'll play RBY OU, best of seven. You stream it, I don't wanna deal with the :effort:. If you win, I will donate :10bux:, the price of a username change, to the charity of your choice. If I win, I'll donate to the charity of my choice instead.

Might be a couple weeks before I can make good on that, money's a little tight right now, but I'll :toxx: on it.

Edit: I'll also take a probe based on how many games you win, if you beat me.
4-3: One day, and my rap sheet will forever proclaim your victory with a GIF of the Gen 1 Pokemon of your choice.
4-2: Three days, same
4-1: One week, same

And if you somehow manage to clean sweep me, 4-0, I will put in for a self-probate for a month and double the size of the donation.

I'll do the same donate and probe but let's take the month probe out of it. That's too much for a 4fun gaming session.

Message me on discord at GreyPowerVan#1822 to schedule, or if not there I'll have to rebuy pms.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'll do the same donate and probe but let's take the month probe out of it. That's too much for a 4fun gaming session.
Fair enough. Max of a week, then.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Message me on discord at GreyPowerVan#1822 to schedule, or if not there I'll have to rebuy pms.
We've finished this, though in not exactly the form we thought.

Gen 1, Results: 2-0 in PMush's favor
First, we played two games of Gen 1. At this point, it became clear that I am much better at my specialty, so rather than play the whole seven games out, we decided to play multiple formats.

Random Battles, Results: 3-1 in SSJ's favor
Next was Random Battles, which we decided to do as best of five instead of best of three, due to the very random nature of the format. After only four games, the results were pretty conclusive.

So, it all came down to one final format: Sword/Shield (+ DLC) OU singles.

Gen 8, Results: 2-1 in PMush's favor
Game 1 was... definitive. Game 2, less so, but it tied it up, thanks to the crushing power of Quiver Dance Volcarona. And then... the final battle. It was hard fought.

But, finally, after several hours of battling, after nine games of strategy and luck and bullshit critical hits, the winner is...

PMush Perfect!

SSJ and I will both be donating to my choice of charity, the Transgender Law Center. SSJ will also be taking a probe with a GIF of my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon, Bulbasaur! (BORT is a good boy.)

But both because of respect for my opponent and also as a birthday gift to myself, I will also be taking a probe. A sabbatical, if you will, with SSJ's favorite Gen 1 Pokemon, Arcanine.

Goodest dog. 13/10.

See y'all next year!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Let me make sure I've got this right before I queue everything up:

Probate SSJ for 1 week with the Bulbasaur gif

Probate PMush Perfect for 1 week with the Arcanine gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Let me make sure I've got this right before I queue everything up:

Probate SSJ for 1 week with the Bulbasaur gif

Probate PMush Perfect for 1 week with the Arcanine gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE