Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Only issue I think is that at 60x15 the Golduck isn't quite distinguishable, and "wrestling" gets lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m not good with Photoshop, but it’s something to work from.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Evil Badman posted:

This, but it's HHH pointing at NXT like it's the champ.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Edward Mass posted:

I’m not good with Photoshop, but it’s something to work from.

I gave it a shot. Trouble with any Golduck pictures I found was that I couldn't get them together horizontally, so I compromised with the fade

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In relation to the WWE icon, I think keeping the red and blue for Raw and Smackdown makes sense even if they're modified a bit, but I think the WWE icon itself needs to remain a different color from either of those to keep distinct.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Took a minute but I finally got the Golduck reference, disregard my ignorance

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really like this as a concept, and Triple H for better or worse is probably the most closely related to NXT on a permanent basis.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

It's Kawada delivering an absolutely incredible spin kick, though I'm not sure who his opponent is:

I always thought it was the planet Earth. :ms:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

👉🤪

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

:perfect:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

love it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the Sumo lads deserve a thread icon of their own if anyone can help them out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mekchu posted:

I think the Sumo lads deserve a thread icon of their own if anyone can help them out.

i can throw something cheap together

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Something incorporating imagery from the gang-tag would be cool, I think?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I made up some Raw/SD tags incorporating the modern logos and trying to drop any particular one wrestler being associated with the brand. These are pretty generic and certainly not final products, but maybe somebody can work with the general idea for a more visually/graphically pleasing version?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Those are very nice and it looks like you put more effort into these thread titles than the WWE has with world titles over the past 2 years

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Edward Mass posted:

I think the WWE thread tag needs the old-as-poo poo Vince picture in it, as opposed to vinceflex.

e: here's a generic Impact one:

e2: and here are some variants

Impact should have the Aron Rex face if we’re replacing it, imo. It’s the perfect replacement for Psyduck. Golduck is good too, though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
He's in the NWA now, though. At least, last I checked.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

He's in the NWA now, though. At least, last I checked.

TNA tried to convince people that Eric Young and Bobby Roode were still with them months after they'd departed. If anything, Aron Rex being on the tag is totally appropriate.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I can't use image editing software for poo poo, so here's my janky attempts at the Impact thread icon

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont think the thread tags for promotions or shows should have people in it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Reviving/pinning this thread in case anyone still has suggestions or for people to let me know if theres any consensus on what tags they want added.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I also like this one for WWE general:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love this but seconding what was said in I think the rules/feedback thread to please not replace the original TNA one, just add the Impact one. The TNA Psyduck is a wonderful little bit of DPPH history :shobon:

In regards to WWE, I think the Smackdown one I made is pretty solid, but the Raw one was a little too busy for my liking. Like KungFu Grip I do think it would be good to get rid of having a particular wrestler associated with any of the specific brands/promotions since that can age badly pretty quick.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Golduck lives!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Brut posted:

Golduck lives!

:peanut: Now we're talking!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

Golduck lives!

Awesome :)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wwe one is too busy

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hey I don't know if anyone cares but the android Awful app uses a custom square icon for threads and I noticed we have those for some of our icons but not for others (and obviously not for the one that was just added), you can see the existing ones on this page:
https://github.com/Awful/thread-tags/ Scroll down to PSP-******** to find them

So whoever's making these in the future 90px square PNGs are your canvas, and I'll figure out how to get them uploaded. (So the first one is gonna be a little slow)

Here's an example of what it looks like when the square version doesn't exist, as well (the Joshi one) :

Edit: Added this to the OP for anyone coming in late.

Brut fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 5, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I love all the suggested NXT tags but this is probably the most appropriate one besides maybe if someone did a Johnny Gargano one.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I know necro-ing a thread this old is taking a gamble, but I think this is warranted: I believe there should be separate Dynamite and Rampage thread icons to go with the general AEW icon, as we have Raw and SmackDown ones to go with a general WWE icon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edward Mass posted:

I know necro-ing a thread this old is taking a gamble, but I think this is warranted: I believe there should be separate Dynamite and Rampage thread icons to go with the general AEW icon, as we have Raw and SmackDown ones to go with a general WWE icon.

Sounds fair

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
proposal:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I put a small amount of effort into this: