Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to win?
Infinitum
Hunters
View Results

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Mustache Ride posted:

So is Infinitum still probbed until Dec 1?

Considering what I personally witnessed in the stream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_GywGLw1Rk

StoryTime fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Congrats Infinitum, and bad luck to the hunters!
Guess we'll have to bring the band back together to hunt Drac down again, after all! (I'll see you in Manchester!) :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm pretty sure I got all the tags queued up, but if I missed you please let me know.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Whitehall Mystery VOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vclauifoHYY

quote:

Renfield : He came and stood below my window in the moonlight. And he promised me things, not in words, but by doing them.

Van Helsing : Doing them?

Renfield : By making them happen. A red mist spread over the lawn, coming on like a flame of fire! And then he parted it, and I could see that there were thousands of rats, with their eyes blazing red, like his, only smaller. Then he held up his hand, and they all stopped, and I thought he seemed to be saying: "Rats! Rats! Rats! Thousands! Millions of them! All red blood! All these will I give you! If you will obey me!"

Van Helsing : What did he want you to do?

Renfield : That which has already been done!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pride heralds the end of your world..

Art by Piotr Jablonski

Round 3. Fight.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fury again? Or is Dracula challenging the hunter to a round of Carcassonne/Dominions/Eclipse?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fury of Dracula rematch.

We're ~locking down the details~ and I'll post them in full once everybody has given their secret handshake.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hell yeah

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dracula was defeated in Round 1!
Renfield managed to revive his Master in Round 2!

Will Dracula get his revenge?
Will The Hunters find him on Turn 2 again?

Twitch Channel :siren:
twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

-------------------------------------------
Starting Time
  • 9:30am Dec 6th - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Dec 5th - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Dec 5th - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Dec 5th - GMT (London)
If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Games typically average around 2-3 hours, so please be aware if you are tuned in.

Hunter Team :drac:
- A Cup of Ramen
- Arzaac
- Major Isoor
- Prokhor

Commentators
ShallNoiseUpon :siren:
VideoGames :siren: (Potentially busy!)

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Can't wait for round three!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And for those just joining us

Round 1 - Fury of Dracula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQXyy_njCQ

Round 2 - Whitehall Mystery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vclauifoHYY

Round 3 will be a rematch in Fury of Dracula

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are there any stakes this time around as well?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Rename Games to Dracula's Den if the dark lord wins imo, really make this one a match for all the marbles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Are there any stakes this time around as well?

We are currently discussing it

There may be a new :toxx:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Transient People posted:

Rename Games to Bowsette's Basement if the dark lord wins imo, really make this one a match for all the marbles

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Infinitum posted:

Rename Games to Bowsette's Basement if the dark lord wins imo, really make this one a match for all the marbles

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Transient People posted:

Rename Games to Bowsette's Basement

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kick-off is 12 hours away. :siren:

Get hype.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mystic Mongol replaces Prokhor.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:toxx: If the Hunter Team manages to defeat me I will be probated for 3 days :toxx:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Mystic Mongol replaces Prokhor.

Poor John Seward, dying in our moment of triumph last game. :( Hopefully his son, John Seward Jr. (who bears an uncanny resemblance to his late father. He's aged terribly for a 12y/o) can exact revenge!

Infinitum posted:

:toxx: If the Hunter Team manages to defeat me I will be probated for 3 days :toxx:

And we, the hunters* take you up on this challenge! If we somehow lose (scoff) we'll submit to a three day probation, too. :toxx:
But I mean, if you could be beaten by a mere punch last game, I doubt you'll do much better this time around! :D

* Pending Arzaac's confirmation, from his end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmY08X_4Bnc

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Look... I don't mean to appear over-confident or anything, but this is gonna be me in roughly 14hrs... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGiYN-Lwi4w

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Look... I don't mean to appear over-confident or anything, but this is gonna be me in roughly 14hrs... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiWQ2DrSFg

ftfy

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Major Isoor posted:

* Pending Arzaac's confirmation, from his end

Oh yeah, let's do it. :toxx:

I'm here for a good time, not for a long time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: We're live with the Fury of Dracula Rematch! :siren:

Whoever loses gets probated for 3 days! :toxx:

https://twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Foiled again! That said it came down to a single card to seal the game for Hunters 4 hours into the match, and had it not been played I would have won.

Congrats to the Hunter team. See yall in 3 days :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Continuing the tradition of beating John Seward to death every game, regardless of who plays him :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Phew! Good game all - that was very tense! Shame I didn't get to hurl Drac and myself off a cliff at the end, though :D

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Continuing the tradition of beating John Seward to death every game, regardless of who plays him :v:

I had two knives, what could do better in combat?

Continuing my proud tradition of tactically smart, prudent, correct plays that leave me on the wrong side of the map nodding thoughtfully about how I know exactly where Dracula is, thank you very much. (Also crying)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

That last event card I drew was such a clutch card; not sure we would've made that without that big move (+ heavenly host).

And the resulting 2 combats were insane, but somehow good prevailed.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Someone figure out an avatar for me to give to A Cup of Ramen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Someone figure out an avatar for me to give to A Cup of Ramen

To match with the theme, possibly a blood-and-ramen filled cup, with two stakes instead of chopsticks? Possibly with Drac eating from it? I dunno - good question though

Also, did both games finish in Galatz, in the end? With Castle Dracula being the penultimate encounter? Very interesting, if so

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 6, 2020