Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
I broke 45k!!! If tomorrow is good, then I will hit 50k tomorrow when I finish the next chapter. But I will likely need to write one more chapter after that to properly close off the story.

Still, the end is in sight and feels achievable. YAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

aaand done. 50k! For my twelfth year in a row!

I probably could have finished a few days ago if I'd kept up my early pace but my motivation really fell off a cliff this last week. Thank god for having a buffer.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
Amen to that buffer!

I am also "done", at 51k words. There's one more chapter to go to properly wrap up the story, but I did it! First time NaNo win ever, and it feels good!

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits
Congrats everyone!

I am also finished :toot:
I'm pretty sure on my last two attempts (one was like 10+ years ago, one was maybe 2-3 years ago) I don't think I even got to 5k. So uh, actually trying this time definitely made a big difference for me.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Finished a day early! This is my fourth year in a row!

Feeling good!

At some point I'll have to merge everything into some form resembling a book and begin cutting and editing...

But not today. Today is a day to feel relieved.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
And I squeak in another win. Probably my last.

Congratulations to all the other winners.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Victory! Congratulations to all you champions who conquered Nanowrimo this year! I hope you're pleased with whatever you wrote, even if it's a bunch of nonsense

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
Hey NaNo folks! If you're missing the creative push to produce from NaNoWriMo, come and sign up for Script Frenzy in April with me! It's the NaNo equivalent for stage/screenplays (or graphic novels, web series, documentaries, radio plays, podcasts, anything that is performed using a script): the goal is to write 100 pages of a script (or multiple scripts totalling 100 pages) in 30 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I should note that April is also Camp NaNo, where you can set your own goal and write whatever you want. It used to have its own website but it looks like it's been rolled into the regular nanowrimo.org. It's also really good for editing prior projects.