Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
could you defeat Pinhead by hitting him with a folding chair?
yes
no
GOKU! IT'S THE loving GOKU OPTION BITCH!! GOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Serious question: in 2020, with all those years and movies behind us, is pinhead less cool and scary than rawhead or even pumpkinhead?

I think it’s yes to both, but would like to hear from the experts itt.

I think it was always wrapped up in the charisma of the actor. Mostly what is going on is ridiculous but the actor playing Pinhead managed to give the character some menace and dignity anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABM4C1fVB0&t=128s

What he's saying is mostly nonsense, but that voice is great.

I think voices are real important for villains. Anybody with basically the right build can play Micheal Myers or Jason Voorhees. But a chatty monster like Pinhead, Freddy Kruger, or Pennywise needs the right voice or the whole thing collapses into self parody. Rebooting IT with a new actor playing Pennywise worked pretty well. Replacing the actors for Freddy Kruger and Pinhead didn't go so well.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Atari posted:

Since the hellish cenobite realm isn't the literal or biblical hell rather than a place fitting human definitions of hell, people do not automatically end up there just by dying. As such the only way to acquire new victims/experimental subjects/acolytes would be to collect them from earth or maybe other planets. If they have an eternity with which to play and there isn't a constant automatic new intake of subjects they would probably value the collection of more of them for variety's sake. Also, since they are often described as devotees and the pre-Hellraiser definition of cenobite is 'member of a religious group' it should be assumed they have something resembling a religious commitment to their lifestyle of ultra-hedonism, and religions tend to value recruitment/conversion.

Extended universe material also directly states that they can only access earth through the means of various unearthly objects the most common of which are puzzle boxes.

Ah well, egg on my face then, fair enough. I only saw the movies, not the extended universe stuff. Just recently I was looking for something and found the wiki, what a trip that is.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

:owned:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp
Yes, it'd be like a wrestling match

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think it was always wrapped up in the charisma of the actor. Mostly what is going on is ridiculous but the actor playing Pinhead managed to give the character some menace and dignity anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABM4C1fVB0&t=128s

What he's saying is mostly nonsense, but that voice is great.

I think voices are real important for villains. Anybody with basically the right build can play Micheal Myers or Jason Voorhees. But a chatty monster like Pinhead, Freddy Kruger, or Pennywise needs the right voice or the whole thing collapses into self parody. Rebooting IT with a new actor playing Pennywise worked pretty well. Replacing the actors for Freddy Kruger and Pinhead didn't go so well.

good insight imo

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I cast FENIX DWN on chair and suplex him into it

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
There is an epsiode of the Ghostbusters cartoon that has knockoff Cenobites featured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7WyjqnjlQI

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The B.O smell in Leviathans realm must be on the level of 10 bdsm clubs.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
My favorite part in Hellraiser is when Kirstie makes a deal with the Cenobites to spare her soul in exchange for her evil uncle's, and you're thinking, "ah I wonder what fiendishly devious loophole they're going to use so they can go back on their word and take her anyway?"

And then Kirstie fulfills her part of the bargain and the Cenobites just shamelessly go after her without even a pretense of an excuse because they're just BASTARDS like that, haha.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I thought that was poo poo. In the book, the Cenobites keep to the bargain and coldly dismiss Kirstie once it's clear that she's fulfilled her part of the deal.

In the film, they end up chasing her round the house Scooby-Doo style, which doesn't make a lot of sense or fit with how they've been portrayed in the rest of the film.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

At any point has anyone tried shooting pinhead? Is one of his powers that he's bulletproof? Even if you don't have a gun just call 911 and say there's a guy firing meathooks out from the walls, and the police will come blast him.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

935 posted:

At any point has anyone tried shooting pinhead? Is one of his powers that he's bulletproof? Even if you don't have a gun just call 911 and say there's a guy firing meathooks out from the walls, and the police will come blast him.

Content warning: gore, death. Extremely unrealistic gore. Dude getting murdered by a CD. Police violence.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFFrDPo9Y4&t=165s :nws:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth