Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ok can EVIL not sniff the main event scene again for, say, three years or something. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liger come raise his arm!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look at this nice young man coming out to honorably raise his rival's hand in victory :unsmith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lol what a loving rear end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Sorry about before" :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh so much for my plan, Switchblade is challenging him on Jan 5th.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Haha Naito trying to work out what Jay's saying

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito trying to translate what is being said to him is the best :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MURDER KOTA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
KILL HIM KOTA!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

This whole thing is like a Mr. Bean skit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito paying ZERO attention to the Ibushi/Switchblade drama, haha

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ibushi gonna be stalking Jay like the terminator for the next few weeks

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i do think much like naito that as the babyface screwed by jay white ibushi is gonna get revenge and the belt tho it will prob be longer than the dome. gedo has never booked anyone to get their first reign at the dome

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
If Ibushi is going full Terminator and just chasing Jay down everywhere he goes with no emotion on his face while still in his gear, I'm all for it.

I just want to see Jay on some TV show being interviewed as Kota walks in unannounced.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really wish Naito had had more challengers during this reign than EVIL cause he tore it up in the G1 and outside his matches he's been a great champ for the company, it's just the feud has been loving dirt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Naito, don't you dare try to outscoops me! :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Switchblade's voice faltering as Ibushi just kept coming and ignoring his taunting was such a cool moment.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Naito, don't you dare try to outscoops me! :mad:

They're doing the Osaka Dome :pray:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i wonder what the 1.4 main event is gonna be now? ibushi/tana maybe?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

nevermind switched to english feed in case ibushi cut a promo at the end and it's prob okada/ospreay? you'd think they'd want a title match of some sort but can't think of what would take precedence over that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

Based on the fucky finish they could rerun Ibushi/White with the winner getting the challenge on 1.5?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i just vibed for the bc half. KENTA and jay were awesome. evil match was tense and funny

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Watching this show on a delay because of unexpected work stuff, it started off pretty good and went really downhill towards the end.

- YTR vs ZSJ was hilarious, and it continues to impress me that Yano always finds new creative way to gently caress with his opponents.
- Shingo vs Suzuki was a brutal murderfest as expect, certainly did not expect Shingo to win the title again, but fits with the overall story arc that Suzuki isn't 100% who he used to be and might be on his way out (from Suzuki-gun at least)
- O-Kadahrn is a match that existed. Billy Bad Brain Brexit is just unbearable
- Tana got what he deserved for continuing to break Kenta's briefcase. Somewhat surprised we didn't get a Mox promo but then that probably had to wait until Full Gear is over
- 98% of Ibushi - White was a great match. And I know we are supposed to believe that New Japan's referees are stupid idiots, but are we now also to believe that they have seriously impaired vision? Because from the angle at which he counted the pin Asami had to have seen White's feet on the ropes, or at the very least wondered why the hell White was doing a headstand in a pin, because he was almost upside down.
- I kept the show going in the background for the main event, just occasionally looked at the clock to see how much it was just slowly plotting along, before all the usual overbooked BS that has plagued all EVIL matches since his turn. I don't know where he goes from here (NEVER against Shingo maybe), but keep him the gently caress out of the main event for the foreseeable future.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

jay white owns and I think is my favorite wrestler

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Main takeaways from this show:

- I like the Jay/Ibushi stuff. This makes the ultimate main event on Jan 5th more intriguing.
- Sanada looks great in his dress clothes.
- The fucker cut literally the worst, most nonsensical promo I've ever heard in my life. He should be thanking his lucky stars this is a Japanese promotion. That would've been Naito/Okada at Power Struggle 2013 levels of embarrassing if the crowd had understood a single thing he was saying.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

Based on the fucky finish they could rerun Ibushi/White with the winner getting the challenge on 1.5?

This is my bet.

Really enjoyed that show, but I don’t mind a bit of shenanigans. I really think Gedo missed by not making EVIL the beef heel who wins by dick shots and strength. He’s the wrong guy to pair with Togo. The main event wasn’t completely my thing but the crowd doesn’t lie, Osaka enjoyed it a ton.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, Naito finally getting this big run with both belts to spend a literal year having the exact same match with Bullet Club over and over again has been some serious monkey's paw poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

Main takeaways from this show:

- I like the Jay/Ibushi stuff. This makes the ultimate main event on Jan 5th more intriguing.
- Sanada looks great in his dress clothes.
- The fucker cut literally the worst, most nonsensical promo I've ever heard in my life. He should be thanking his lucky stars this is a Japanese promotion. That would've been Naito/Okada at Power Struggle 2013 levels of embarrassing if the crowd had understood a single thing he was saying.

Will had finally gotten passable at promos and then he went away for a few months, turned heel and is absolute dogshit. Genuinely "mute the stream" levels of bad & that's with me enjoying The Empire stuff more than seemingly any other goon.

Incidentally, I know you are way lower on him than me but how did you feel about KENTA/Tana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I skipped most of it. The submission exchanges at the end were fun. Don't like Tana submitting. I get he's on the way down but I think he's still way more valuable to the company than Kenta. But I also don't think it matters that much because they're not gonna be able to do this match for the US Title for a long, long time anyway. The briefcase is basically the Interim US Championship right now and that's fine. Like, I see some people thinking Moxley might show up for the dome and like....no? There's no way that happens. Moxley is not gonna be at Wrestle Kingdom, that is totally impossible.

I don't think Kenta vs. Moxley is the match, I think whenever they can get Moxley, that briefcase winds up on somebody else. I would've liked it to be Tana. I think that would've been cool.