Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

A lot of people just want to be seen/heard.

That and he can say they'll be seen/heard on HBO of all places, which still has a weight to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm gonna miss this show, its honestly one of my favourite shows ever made.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Well he seems like a sweet old guy really, I wonder whOH MY loving GOD

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Binged the season over this week. The vacuum episode is genuinely one of my favorite episodes of TV ever. I want to hug all of those men. Kinda.

If you liked them, then check out this story about very similar guys who are big fans of washing machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmmxI-Y_6U

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Unkempt posted:

Well he seems like a sweet old guy really, I wonder whOH MY loving GOD

this was also me, jesus christ

also holy poo poo cryogenics is a huge scam, how is that not like massive insurance fraud?

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
didn't really feel like a finale imho, very sweet but really just felt like Another Episode Of The Show

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
"is that the one with the matrix in it?"

"no that's the matrix"

going to miss this show hard. not much shocks me anymore but cryo guys confession was loving bonkers..i just kept saying no, no no, no and he kept making it worse

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

zer0spunk posted:

"is that the one with the matrix in it?"

"no that's the matrix"

going to miss this show hard. not much shocks me anymore but cryo guys confession was loving bonkers..i just kept saying no, no no, no and he kept making it worse

Yeah, I loved this show so much. The only show that gave me a similar feeling was joe pera talks with you, even though it’s a very different show.
I guess they’re both kind, Kermit the frog type nerds with a different look at reality.

Cryo testicle dude was something. To even find somebody like that.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The shot when the guy is walking around with his head angled at a perfect 90 degrees

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Great finale tons, of twists and turns. So sad to see this show go. If anyone's hankering for some more John Wilson you should check out his vimeo: https://vimeo.com/johnsmovies

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It occurred to me that John Wilson is basically what Andrew Callahan would be if he was as talented as his 13 year old fans think he is and he wasn't a sexual predator.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

veni veni veni posted:

It occurred to me that John Wilson is basically what Andrew Callahan would be if he was as talented as his 13 year old fans think he is and he wasn't a sexual predator.

all gas no brakes did have its moments, but yes, that guy sucks

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I really thought the penultimate episode was leading up to a wacky finale, but it was pretty much back to basics. Overall it was one of the strongest episodes though, so a pretty satisfying ending. "This has been John Wilson, thank you so much for watching my movies" made me let out an "awwwwwe" at the end.

This show has really been a special treat the last few years. Definitely one of my favorite shows ever. John comes across as a super genuine guy that was fortunate enough to have Fielder/HBO throw money at him to make the exact thing that he loves to make. The Joe Perra comparison is appropriate, even though it's very different content.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Rollos posted:

Great finale tons, of twists and turns. So sad to see this show go. If anyone's hankering for some more John Wilson you should check out his vimeo: https://vimeo.com/johnsmovies

the magnasanti one is incredible

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This show has been wonderful. The world is better for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

zer0spunk posted:

all gas no brakes did have its moments, but yes, that guy sucks

I liked it quite a bit, but it always drove me nuts that people acted like he was some sort of brilliant journalist when he was just doing a bit countless other people have done. It was pretty drat funny though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The main thing I took from this episode is that someday I will have a terrible slice from that crazy organ pizzeria.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What an insane idea for a restaurant.

Overall what an amazing show. It really didn't even have any low points. I'm sad to see it go but it feels insanely rewatchable at least. I still watch episodes of Nathan For You fairly regularly, I'll do the same with this.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Vegetable posted:

FYI as a love letter to New York the essential pairing to this show is HIGH MAINTENANCE, also on HBO and also just ended its run.

agreed that this is a great show but while i acknowledge that time has been weird lately, i gotta point out that HM ended three years ago

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

agreed that this is a great show but while i acknowledge that time has been weird lately, i gotta point out that HM ended three years ago
My bad I’m a fool lol

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Vegetable posted:

The finale was pretty nuts. I wonder what possesses people to open up their deepest secrets to this squirrely dork.

The exact same things happens in Nathan For You. Some people are just desperate to reveal everything about themselves if it's for TV. The real challenge is randomly finding all these insane stories, I guess.

Great, great show. I agree the finale didn't really feel like a finale in the same way the final episodes of the previous two seasons did. But whatever, I hope he goes on to do many great things going forward, doing a show like this could surely not have been easy.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

we need john’s burning man documentary now more than ever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
loving hell that finale was so so good. What a brilliant show this was. I’ll really miss it.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Really good show. Hope that he continues filming things.....and maybe down the road in four or five years.....he'll have hours and hours of footage for a new season.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Love that testicle man is gonna have his head chopped off and his body thrown away but isn't an organ donor

Then again who knows what he's even got to donate lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Already watching season 1 again lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Fartington Butts posted:

The shot when the guy is walking around with his head angled at a perfect 90 degrees

lol. trying to track his package

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Really good show. Hope that he continues filming things.....and maybe down the road in four or five years.....he'll have hours and hours of footage for a new season.
Would be funny/sad if he got to do something big in Hollywood. And in five years time he makes a new season. ‘Hey LA,…’ and then just footage of stuff he saw from his car on his way to the studio.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Finally had time to catch up and this season was just wonderful. What a sweet, strange little show. Just like with Nathan Fielder, I will watch absolutely whatever John Wilson does next.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

mark immune posted:

lol. trying to track his package
:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

If you're hankering to know how REALLY weird the cryogenics people get, watch this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ2YEESTQUI