Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is rough.

Akira had a full career and indisputably has some of the best Joshi matches of all time under her belt but never got pushed as the top of any promotion. The Muta scale exists but Akira's match against Kandori was way more brutal

Owen was having some of the best matches of the early-mid 90's WWF, but passed away before he had the chance to wrestle international guys like Eddie, Malenko, Benoit, or Rey on a major stage. The Hart family in general just got plagued with bad luck

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I voted Owen on the reasoning that Akira might not have won the big one but she still ended up as a legit legend in her own right, whereas Owen most likely had his best years ahead of him when he died.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cerebral Bore posted:

I voted Owen on the reasoning that Akira might not have won the big one but she still ended up as a legit legend in her own right, whereas Owen most likely had his best years ahead of him when he died.
With you. The rumor was that Owen was supposed to have The Game gimmick, but that could all just be lip service. Owen is one of the primary examples of the right person coming into the business at the wrong place/wrong time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm kinda shocked that Hokuto is winning, Owen is the absolute poster boy for the spirit of this tournament

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Benne posted:

I'm kinda shocked that Hokuto is winning, Owen is the absolute poster boy for the spirit of this tournament

she was insanely good and easily wouldve won the big one if not for being around at exactly the same time as bull nakano, aja kong, ozaki, ect.

she really got goto'd by happening to be at her peak when so many of the greatest ever were.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

she was insanely good and easily wouldve won the big one if not for being around at exactly the same time as bull nakano, aja kong, ozaki, ect.

she really got goto'd by happening to be at her peak when so many of the greatest ever were.
It's really :psyduck: that WCW and WWF featured a ton of 80's/90's Joshi stars including a teenaged Meiko Satomura and both companies decided to pass on all them.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

RealFoxy posted:

It's really :psyduck: that WCW and WWF featured a ton of 80's/90's Joshi stars including a teenaged Meiko Satomura and both companies decided to pass on all them.

aja kong kicked too much rear end one time and it made vince cancel the entire womens division lol.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Congratulations to Akira Hokuto for winning the Silver Trophy!

Second place went to Owen Hart

Third Place is Mr. Brodie Lee

and Fourth Place is Hirooki Goto.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goto died as he lived, always being the fourth-best at something

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ItohRespectArmy posted:

aja kong kicked too much rear end one time and it made vince cancel the entire womens division lol.

The video of that match features some of the worst Lawler commentary I've ever heard. So bad I have to bring it up every time that match comes up. So bad Vince tried to steer him into focusing on the action. So bad that Lawler himself would probably look back on it and say 'yeah not my best lines'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
how was failson Shane not nominated; I mean he was PWI rookie of the year in 1999 then Best Wrestler in the World 19 years later.

He also only had 1 championship match* after jumping off hell in cells and cages, and doing stupid things to impress his carny dad.

*Backlash '09
Cody Rhodes & Randy Orton & Ted DiBiase, Jr. Def. (Pin) Batista & Shane McMahon & Triple H (C) 6-Person Tag (Title Change)

I assume he couldn't win the belt in this match though but I don't care :shrug:

plus dabbo kato