Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have three best friends:

* One I met in high school marching band

* One goon I met in one of those "post your AIM name" threads

* One I met in a Facebook group for Black women with geeky interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
The best friend I mentioned died two years ago. I didn't get a chance to introduce him to my son. Don't wait on poo poo like that

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
While on a jog through the park, I saw a girl playing soccer really well. I played soccer at the time and struck up a conversation. I eventually convinced her to try out for the local woman's team, the Hounslow Harriers. She was extremely happy and excited about the tryouts, even though our coach Joe was sceptical about a new player joining the team. After seeing Jess's skills, Joe accepted her on the team but Jess lied to Joe about her parents being cool with the idea. They were conservative Sikhs you see and thought that their daughter was better off looking for a husband than kicking around the old zebra head (soccer ball).

Well let me tell you, things got pretty messy with her family and we had our ups and downs but that was the beginning of a lifelong friendship.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I invited her to my house and we played Animal Crossing on the GameCube and she was upset that I walked through her flowers. I was like "don't worry, they only get destroyed if you run through them." Then I deliberately ran through them.

I wish we still lived near each other but at least thanks to the internet I can once again destroy everything she loves in Animal Crossing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i played warcraft 3 with a wow guild mate 15 years ago and he invited an irl friend of his to join us. that friend ended up being someone i have talked to near daily ever since even though i don't play much video games any more

irl, my first day in college at a lab i turned to the skater looking dude next to me and said "what's up". i was best man in his wedding 5 years later.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Waterbed Wendy posted:

While on a jog through the park, I saw a girl playing soccer really well. I played soccer at the time and struck up a conversation. I eventually convinced her to try out for the local woman's team, the Hounslow Harriers. She was extremely happy and excited about the tryouts, even though our coach Joe was sceptical about a new player joining the team. After seeing Jess's skills, Joe accepted her on the team but Jess lied to Joe about her parents being cool with the idea. They were conservative Sikhs you see and thought that their daughter was better off looking for a husband than kicking around the old zebra head (soccer ball).

Well let me tell you, things got pretty messy with her family and we had our ups and downs but that was the beginning of a lifelong friendship.

I Beckham your pardon?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

college. lived in same suite and we were in the same program. didn't know if I liked him at all at first, but it's been like 16 years so...

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Met him in college. He joined my frat after transitioning, and we just hit it off. He definitely helped me through some tough patches in my life. I miss being able to see him, covid is the worst :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
We both tried to enter the same glory hole stall at the same time and shared a laugh about it. And then shared a beej about it

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

some v powerful incantations allowed the summoning circle to succeed

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I met my best friend when he tried to stab me over some girl.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

great big cardboard tube posted:

My only friend is my girlfriend

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
At an ambulance service I volunteered/worked/volunteered again at at. From May of 2015 to this October we did at least one 24 hour shift a week together, usually two of ‘em (except for two small chunks where I was doing EHS stuff constantly in) He kind of seemed like a dick at first but we ended up really getting along and doing tons of poo poo outside of work. He has an account here to lurk TFR and the Trump lol but I don’t think he uses it too much.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
By absolutely getting on each others' nerves in grade nine French class.

He swiped my stuff off my desk; I in turn shredded his assignment in front of him.

We've been besties ever since.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
He lived only 2 miles away, so he had the bus stop right before mine in third grade, and shared nerdy interests.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

She was the girlfriend of a middle school mate's best friend and we met when my buddy picked us up in a stolen car so we could ride around getting high. I still can't look at a Pontiac Sunbird convertible without getting emotional.

Known this bitch for a little over half my life now. It's taught me two things: she's real good at getting into trouble, and I'm real good at getting out of it.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
AOL chatroom. We met and mostly bsed about video games but that was like 17 or so years ago and a lot has happened since then. Mental health buddies!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have three best friends.

1. Mrs. Genesplicer. I met her in the break room at the department store where we both worked. We were the only ones in there. It had been a rough night of retail. I was sitting at one table, she was sitting across the room. I said something to the effect of "What I wouldn't give to be in a hot tub filled with lime Jell-O right now." This made her giggle. We began talking and that was that.

2. Henry. I dated his sister for a while, and we had a "See each other and nod" kind of relationship. Then we ended up taking the same programming class (BASIC on Apple II computers.) We started talking and became good friends. Turns out he has the artistic skills I wish I had, and was more than willing to help me out with some basics. Mrs. Genesplicer and I are really good friends with him and his wife, to the point we they traveled to Europe with us.

3. Jeff. Jeff is my high school best friend. We met because we were both in the library after school. It was raining really hard, we were waiting for the bus, and both of us noticed that the other one had D&D books. Needless to say, we became friends. He got married too young, went through a really messy divorce a few years later and fell off the grid. I've been looking for him for a couple of decades, but nothing. I mean, I have lots of his information, right down to his social security number, and I still can't find him...

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 14, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
discord server for big tiddy anime phone game.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i have two. one on craigslist (like, seriously! i put an ad out to find bandmates) and one on a musician discord server

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
1. another faculty kid who was also 9. there were enough of us of the same ages that various cohorts formed. I've known him longer than some of y'all have been alive

2 & 3. they'd been best friends since first grade. I met them in 6th. we eventually bonded over RPGs.

I'm fortunate to have a lot of other people I'd describe this way, but these are the three longest-serving.

two of these guys were goons before I was, but one mostly lurks and the other figured out a few years ago that tax is a piece of poo poo and left over it. I'm trying to lure him back.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

2008 while working together in a lovely call centre. We bonded over how much we hated the customers and the job itself. He was my honorary maid of honour at my wedding recently, I’m an honorary aunt to his 3 kids who fight with each other every Christmas Day as to which of them gets to sit next to me at Christmas dinner, we’ve both been through hard poo poo these past 11 years and we’ve had each other’s back throughout.

My other best friend is my husband. We met on OKCupid in 2014 through a shared love of Red Dwarf, synthwave and horror movies. He’s a goon as well but on his insistence we don’t cross paths on threads. We got married 2 weeks ago.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
I met my best friend at my company orientation.

He had a much different idea of software engineering than myself he was a Perfectionist TA in college , while I was a Prioritized Realist who was also incredibly lazy.

When I asked him what he was doing after work, volleyed back "what, are you bored,"and the strangest friendship ever was born. Somehow, we managed to get a place together, and not kill each other for 5 years (still play Ultimate together, once the Pandemic is over)

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
I was on the toilet amd accidentally threw up in his underwear.