Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Problem description: I have a synthesizer that I have conceptualized in Javascript and HTML, and I'd like to present it without yet porting it to something else that would allow me a lot more resources. I sometimes use 50 oscillators or more. My computer's audio begins to get choppy, even though 80% or more CPU resources are available in activity monitor. I'd like to somehow see if there's a way to throttle Chrome. Is there some setting I can tweak or developer tool I can use? I know Chrome is seen as a resource hog, but it does not look like that to me in Activity Monitor. Another option is using a different browser; maybe one that has performance options for developers.

Attempted fixes: I went to chrome://settings/content/unsandboxedPlugins and turned off "Ask when a site wants to use a plugin to access your computer", but it doesn't seem to help.

Operating system: Mac OS 10.15.7

System specs:
Mac mini (2018)
Processor: 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU