Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
1. I live in an apartment and have no plumbing access
2. It's warmer than room temperature at the coldest setting.

So far I have come up with some ideas

*) Start a petition to hire someone to blow on the water until it is colder
D) buy a monthly subscription box for premium ice
3) bargain with the ifriti that lives in my pipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

consider adopting a cold blooded animal like a turtle as a pet and then drink the water it sits in.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

biosterous

fill up a lot of glasses and then put them outside in the shade, and whenever you want a drink of water you go to one of your outside water glasses and drink that

it helps if outside is not as warm as room temperature

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pecan

sleep in a bath of increasingly warmer water until ur internal sense of cold shifts

Prof. Crocodile

As winter approaches you can open the tiny windows near the top of the water heater, to let the cold air in. This will cool the water nicely. If you want it warm again, simply close the tiny windows.

If for some reason your water heater does not have tiny windows, you can add some with a drill, a big rock, and a little elbow grease.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

get a teenage girl to move into your apartment and tell her the cold water pipes are going to the prom with the hot football guy. the icy stares she gives your pipes should cool them off

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

google THIS

TheAardvark posted:

2. It's warmer than room temperature at the coldest setting.

That's an easy one: Turn up your heat

itry

What do you mean no plumbing access? Like, getting into the pipes in the walls?

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
you must go to work in the icefields where you will be paid in ice for your toil so you may finally cool down your water

AARD VARKMAN

itry posted:

What do you mean no plumbing access? Like, getting into the pipes in the walls?

right i can get under my sink but that's it, the water heater is in a locked room :staredog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

itry

Well I have a solution for you OP!

NO NEED TO THANK ME

itry

And if you have access to the pipes under the sink you can connect the hose there and then reconnect it directly into the same tap. An elegant solution :)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The above is a good idea but here is a better one-instead of running the hose into the fridge drape it in front of your monitor and leave byob open all the time and the chill will radiate into your water

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pecan

is your pee cold? u could pee int he water? even if ur pees hot it might be worth a shot, there are endless miracles physics cannot explain

itry

Wait. Have you tried NOT drinking water? I think that would solve your problem.

Edit:

google THIS posted:

That's an easy one: Turn up your heat

:hmmyes:

itry fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 18, 2020

Khanstant
get a broken water heater that just makes water colder

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Blow on it.

Works for getting soup the right temperature :shrug:

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 18, 2020

Prof. Crocodile

TheAardvark posted:

right i can get under my sink but that's it, the water heater is in a locked room :staredog:

This is the first hurdle you must overcome, op. Use a drill, a big rock, and some elbow grease to put tiny windows in that door. THEN you can access/install tiny windows on the water heater.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gotta find one of these little guys

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Jaguars!

u can derive some consolation that the water will end up as a bunch of very cold component atoms once entropy has had it's little ways on us, OP

take the moon

by sebmojo
u could also take that pill german soldiers took in the siberian front to warm u up and the water will seem colder by comparison

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
1) Run the water all the time into the sink so it draws up all that sweet, sweet cold water from deep beneath the Earth.

2) Run the water all the time into a nice water feature like a fountain or a koi pond in the middle of your apartment and then out a window (bonus: waterfall for your neighbors!).

3) Give up and stock the fridge with beer

4) Wait until the heat death of the universe when everything will at least be the same temperature, celsius OR fahrenheit

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Due to the laws of thermodynamics and the way time and entropy are intertwined, we have many ways of heating things up, but entropy and radiation are pretty much the only ways to cool things down. I suggest changing thermodynamics, time or both.

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Khanstant
try putting ice in the pipes

AARD VARKMAN
I've been thinking about lowering my global warming footprint so that the water is colder. It might take a while though. :thunk:

Trying

decant into a glass and then make a scene in front of all its friends

Talkc

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Get your tap to study Joan Crawford. Her entire body of work.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

the more energy the water has, the hotter it will be. lower its gravitational potential energy by throwing it out a window

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
move your apartment to the polar regions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
hm i think ive got the solution here; op how much liquid nitrogen do you have laying around?

Escape From Noise

Go buy some bottled water and put it in the fridge until it's really cold. Drink the cold bottled water in front of your tap while sounding really refreshed and commenting on how you don't even need tapwater anymore

Escape From Noise

Play a lot of cool jazz until your pipes get fed up and will do whatever you want so you'll stop

google THIS

You obviously need to find a way to hack into the utility room They are clearly holding your water heater against its will and it is warming your cold water as a cry for help

AARD VARKMAN
I got an email from my apt. complex saying they needed in to my water heater closet to turn on a little heater (?) but I said gently caress off because of COVID so they're going to leave me the key!!!

im getting to the bottom of this !!!!

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

You obviously need to find a way to hack into the utility room They are clearly holding your water heater against its will and it is warming your cold water as a cry for help

Hack the planet!

Nosfereefer

strike a bargain w/ satan

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
like jsut do what they do for cooling at nuclear plants use hyper chilled substances and have them run like parralel with the water pipes and when the water touches the cold pipe it gets real cold

dig a well to cocytus and borrow their water

cast ice magic on the water

just some ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo

TheAardvark posted:

I got an email from my apt. complex saying they needed in to my water heater closet to turn on a little heater (?) but I said gently caress off because of COVID so they're going to leave me the key!!!

im getting to the bottom of this !!!!

keep us posted op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!