Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

uuh folks??

i think it's working
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=224990

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fine. I've reached the end. You can free nut. See if I care, you stupid knincompoops.

Goons Are Gifts

I see swinging legs on the horizon

nut

plz remember to tip ur knuts on the way out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'll tip my knit... Into the TRASH

Stoner Sloth

nut posted:

yay!

and thanks mysterious knut!!

seriously amazing work all of you involved!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Kief Richards posted:

I'll tip my knit... Into the TRASH

how dare you

Goons Are Gifts

This was so exciting, I hope they get the guy who caused the ban in the first place

more falafel please

forums poster

nut posted:

seriously great job everyone! this was so much fun, i was honestly looking forward to new posts itt every day

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

since we've reached the end (for now??), here's some bonus stuff that didn't make it in.

there was also a pretty neat puzzle idea nut had where different posters would get different information and everyone would need to collaborate to get the full set of info. we thought of doing it with geolocation, but unfortunately there's not a great way to do that with just javascript (at least, not in the time we had to finish and post he puzzles!)

also, there were a few points where we made placeholder pages just in case someone caught on to the URL pattern before we intended. for example, if you saw earth.html, wind.html, and fire.html and thought the fourth would be water.html, you'd walk right into terry's trap. if you were a puzzle genius like biosterous and guessed that it would be september.html, you would have gotten a nice compliment from knut instead!

thank you everyone for playing along! it was really a blast working with nut on this. if pecan ever decides to return, i'm sure knut will be around to lead you to victory again...

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You did a great job. Even if it did lead to my sworn posting enemy, nut, returning from the grave.

Bingo Bango

this was probably the coolest thing i've ever seen on the internet

biosterous

this was so much fun, i had such a good time solving puzzles with people! a million thanks to nut and sk for putting this together, and thanks to everyone who posted puzzle hints, or added to the drawing, or participated in any way!

we couldn't have done it without each other :buddy:

e: mods please probe pecan with the reason "dastardly evading justice and cliffhanger posting"

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

This was not only a wonderful collaborative thread, a wonderful art project, and a fun bit of creative coding, but also the sort of thing that could only happen in BYOB.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
But one last question remains. Could the snail defeat Sephiroth in his final form?

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Prurient Squid posted:

But one last question remains. Could the snail defeat Sephiroth in his final form?

terry almost was a one winged nuthatch it turns out!

i'm pretty sure that fully sexual snail could take on both

alnilam

sk posted:

terry almost was a one winged nuthatch it turns out!

i'm pretty sure that fully sexual snail could take on both

Estauns in Terry
Ira nuthatchery

Goons Are Gifts

Bingo Bango posted:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

my favorite part of the game was when terry impaled knut's love interest, who i GUESS was pecan? not much of a cast to choose from tbh

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Stoner Sloth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This was not only a wonderful collaborative thread, a wonderful art project, and a fun bit of creative coding, but also the sort of thing that could only happen in BYOB.

Bingo Bango posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

alnilam

Bingo Bango posted:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
lol @ terry's ban reason

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

ChubbyChecker

lol at the ban reason

blaise rascal

damb, terry got banned before I could ask him how to sign the guestbook

ChubbyChecker

this was a drat fun thread, even though i'm bad at puzzles and could solve only like the first one

blaise rascal

Sk and Nut were an insanely effective duo. Though I didn't solve many puzzles, it's clear they were all well crafted, and the narrative and art kept making me smile. Really really well done!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BUT WHO IS KNUT???

Cheese Thief
lol

Stoner Sloth

:wave:

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
finally got caught up! what a ride. Thanks to Nut, SK and all my fellow puzzle solvers.

welcome back nut

:cheers:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Who's nut? Are they really a nut or just a drupe?
I have been burned before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh

This is so, so incredible omg

thanks so much cda <3