Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They didn't even want it for Peacock apparently.

Why can't they be like the CW and renew everything to make sure they have content™ for HBOMax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Oh, well. Season 1 was really great and had cohesive movement towards the end, and season 2 was all over the place with whatever they could think of to put in episodes.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I got tired of the dam love triangle very quickly into season 2 and the restaurant was just boring, the show needed more/better plot hooks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, the phone competition that lead up to the drone phone that mostly (entirely?) happened off screen would have been a much better main plot. As is, them taking on girl coders from the other floor was barely utilized.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

oh jay posted:

Yeah, the phone competition that lead up to the drone phone that mostly (entirely?) happened off screen would have been a much better main plot. As is, them taking on girl coders from the other floor was barely utilized.

As is it the main purpose of the girl coders seemed to be a way to get a GF for one of the male coders which seems to be the opposite of what they were trying with the do with the storyline.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m sad this one got canceled. Like Jane said in her interview the other day it was just a nice bit of fresh air compared to all the police procedurals. This is us and this are like the only happy shows on the network. Real shame.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It wasn’t that happy haha. It was arguably pretty miserable a lot of the time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did not see this coming

https://twitter.com/michaelausiello/status/1423350709211340805?s=21

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I feel like this is the way to go with shows that don't get the audience to survive. Offer them 2 hours to end things. Also, don't revive it for more seasons after because it's just going to get an untimely cancellation down the road, too.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I'm not into music like, at all, so this probably isn't the show for me, but if I was any T.V. network I'd be immediately sending the people behind this show a note saying that they need to make their high-concept telepathy thing not involve paying music licensing fees on basically every episode. I imagine it's just lots of covers/the actor's voice singing songs?

its a lot cheaper to license a song when its an original rendition of it. same thing as that yesterday movie

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So what’s on the checklist for Zoey’s Extraordinary Spin-off Film?

The mum gets a new love interest.
Mo settles down
Dad flashback/hallucination

Zoey leaves SprqPoint to launch a new startup with Max? Maybe with the sister-in-law and some of the staff.

Zoey discovers she’s had a tumour all along.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

This dead show has a movie today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Christmas special was kinda weird; Mo's subplot didn't really go anywhere and a bunch of poor kids just got shafted. SPRQ crew was barely used, but I can understand why they were there (no telling if they'd get another chance). Mom's love interest struck me as kinda creepy. Max's potential as a heart song partner (and a way to get some singing out of Jane Levy) is gone, although maybe in hypothetical future films/seasons they could hot potato the power around? But most egregiously, in my opinion, they gathered the entire cast in a room at the end, and didn't have them perform any kind of musical number save for Perry's kid very briefly singing karaoke. That said, it was serviceable, and I'm game to watch potential future content.