Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Crunky is back, birches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

fartknocker posted:

Between the original shorts they did for 20~ years starting in the mid-30s, then those becoming one of the early syndicated hits on TV starting in the late 50s when that medium was massively expanding, they were huge across two generations and then continued on for more. The original shorts were still on regular channels well into the 2000s (AMC had them on weekend mornings hosted by Leslie Nielsen) and are still being aired on digital substations.

Don't read up how all their lives ended, unless you're looking for a depressing story.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Escape From Noise posted:

Crunky is back, birches!

Is it....spicy chocolate?

I am just guessing from the cartoon devil

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spicy Crunky Prefecture

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ruby Gloom posted:

this is just a ruse to get me to the vet isn't it :ohdear:

No no, we're going to the park.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Don't read up how all their lives ended, unless you're looking for a depressing story.

I prefer to believe they died as they lived: someone spun around with a ladder over their shoulder and hit them in the head.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

redshirt posted:

Oh, I know it. One of the few books my dad owned and actually read was Moe Howard’s autobiography that he was writing when he died, so it was finished and published a few years later.

My dad has a massive collection of tapes of stuff he recorded off TV starting in the late 70s, and there is a significant chunk of Stooges in there, so me, my brother and my cousin grew up watching them all the time. There’s one tape that’s a marathon from a local TV channel from 1981 that’s great because it still has commercials for local places that were still around until recently, and stuff like brand new 1982 Datsuns.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Escape From Noise posted:

Crunky is back, birches!

Let's get CRUNK maplefarmers!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

fartknocker posted:

Oh, I know it. One of the few books my dad owned and actually read was Moe Howard’s autobiography that he was writing when he died, so it was finished and published a few years later.

My dad has a massive collection of tapes of stuff he recorded off TV starting in the late 70s, and there is a significant chunk of Stooges in there, so me, my brother and my cousin grew up watching them all the time. There’s one tape that’s a marathon from a local TV channel from 1981 that’s great because it still has commercials for local places that were still around until recently, and stuff like brand new 1982 Datsuns.

The Datsun B-210 is…(roll camera to the left as car goes by)
A W E S O M E

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

fartknocker posted:

i went down a rabbit hole yesterday about how when the US lowered speed limits in 1974 in direct response to the Arab Oil Embargo, that sent the economies of America, Europe, and Japan into recession. It was a big deal.

This was basically the birth of "fuel mileage" as a valuable car quality, and spurred a lot of new car designs (many of them terrible). It also opened the door to small cars from Japan into the American market, and the rest is history.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I know I put it in the Friday Thread but what's 5000 pages of white noise posting without shamelessly promoting myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilpIO21wm94

Learned Blender, modelling, animating, texturing etc pretty much from scratch and animated this over the course of 3 years. It's got lots of sandpaper rough edges but it's my little critter and it's crawling around and I'm happy to have made it

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Songbearer posted:

I know I put it in the Friday Thread but what's 5000 pages of white noise posting without shamelessly promoting myself

Learned Blender, modelling, animating, texturing etc pretty much from scratch and animated this over the course of 3 years. It's got lots of sandpaper rough edges but it's my little critter and it's crawling around and I'm happy to have made it

this is basically like wizardry to me but i am v sad that ghastly martin isn't the little square dog at the start

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Songbearer posted:

Dude the Hamburgler is cold as ice with the cigarette in the eye

Jk

This is fun I liked the little touches like the crucifix headlights :D

Did you do the narration? It's really well done

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

You should be happy about it btw

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

https://i.imgur.com/OpYUmGc.mp4

(that's a shelf organizer :3:)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im on the hunt for a second hand steamdeck to use for games and a portable DAW station if anyone has a lead

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

ILLEGALLY SMOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh, sad wistful thought.... when your small dog can no longer make that jump up to the chair.....