Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in chili?
This poll is closed.
Normal Chili by Snake Maze 4 5.48%
Chiligeist: Re-examining the chili gestalt by Scientastic 30 41.10%
Chili Under Pressure by Aramoro 10 13.70%
Ribbed for your pleasure by scuz 6 8.22%
I WON THIS CHILI COOKOFF, BY A LOT! by I.M. Gei 3 4.11%
California Red Chili (Plus Bonus Chili) by The Glumslinger 8 10.96%
What's "Chili", Precious? by Wahad 7 9.59%
Gettin' chilly, let's eat chilli by Bollock Monkey 5 6.85%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hello all! Please see the above randomly ordered list of ICSA entries for our attempt to once more define the nature of Chili. Read them, and vote for your favorites!

Voting will conclude on Sunday, 13 December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I had a lot of fun taking part in this one, it was nice to try to reimagine some of the approaches I'd taken before, but especially good to use it as an excuse to have my support bubble friend come round. Just a shame I couldn't get the whole gang together this time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I dearly miss cooking for people right now, but it was super great to see people turn out for this!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, I dearly miss cooking for people right now, but it was super great to see people turn out for this!

There's a mood.

Meanwhile, I participated in my first ICSA and I'm not in last place! (yet). There's hope for me yet.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I meant to make a bean and no meat vegetarian chilibomination for this thread. Life got in the way and I got distracted :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It's been a long while since I've done one of these, but moved house and have a much better kitchen now so this was a lot of fun. Gave me the illusion of cooking for other people as well.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

welp

I ain’t making it to the end of this race

I still got some kickass chili and beans recipes out of it though. I’ll finish my thread eventually, it just...... won’t be until long after voting has ended and everyone else has stopped caring.

I have a problem and I need help :smith:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

everyone else has stopped caring.

I have your thread bookmarked, if it ever gets finished, I’ll read it, regardless of how long that takes

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The voting is done!

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated!

WITH 30 VOTES, AND STILL REIGNING BATTLE:CHILI CHAMPION, SCIENTASTIC!

Please reach out by PM so I can arrange your prize!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Thank you LC, and thanks for all the votes! This has definitely made me want to get a pressure cooker as my next kitchen gadget...

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Thank you LC, and thanks for all the votes! This has definitely made me want to get a pressure cooker as my next kitchen gadget...

A worthy winner!

As for Pressure cookers I would really recommend the Kuhn Rikon's and you can sometimes pick them up as a bit of a bargain around this time of year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
3rd place, I'll take it