Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009
Hi all. I recently got a new job that offers me health insurance paid by the company. I am already covered under the family plan with through my husbands job. We have 2 kids and his option for coverage is either just himself or family coverage, so dropping me won’t save us any money. Is there any downfall to be being covered by both plans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
Assuming you're in America, when you are covered by two plans sometimes they will each argue that the other plan should pay for a claim and both refuse to pay it. You should read up on that & if there's a way to avoid it.

ThatSinkingFeeling
Dec 28, 2006

Goons be damned, I'm going for babes!
Business plans will ask that you run your family's insurance first, then theirs.

Complications arise if it's a government employee plan, but I think you'd have said that. This is one time asking a question to HR won't screw you over - it's their job to organize that stuff.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

We have an Insurance Megathread over in BFC if you want to ask there also!

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks everyone.