Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I was excited to see a update to the front page this morning, since I've been curious how it might change or evolve, now that the site has a new owner and Lowtax is out of the picture...or...not?

The first "new" front page is basically a nod to the former dipstick site owner, a bunch of dumping on a dumb litigious internet personality, and apparently random nonsense? (What's the whole "two", "conjoined" thing about? There's a decent chance I'm being dumb and just missing some in-joke, but it's never explained at all in the article?)

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying the front page is horrible or anything, but I was tired of Lowtax's stupid slap-fights years ago, and here he is, right in the middle of the major public-facing part of the site like a big turd that doesn't flush. Like...what the gently caress?

I thought things might change a little, and this just seems really :flaccid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

That guy has written for the front page in the past years ago and received a fair amount of criticism for his, to some, off-putting style. Myself it does rub me the wrong way a bit.

I miss the Zack Parsons, Denis "CTS" Farrell, Josh "Livestock" Boruff, etc. articles that were more fun and creative, and less trying to be edgy about something hardly anyone knows or cares about.

Here's to hoping those days come back sometime.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
He's come back to finally kill it off.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
Summed it up perfectly. I'm one of approximately 0.03 people that actually check the front page, and when I saw this, I was just...confused?

The future of the site is...namedropping Lowtax and punching down on a guy who hasn't been relevant since the Bush administration?

Also coming up on the front page, hot takes on the Man Show and Crank Yankers!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The guy who wrote, uh, that thing about whatever* takes a hard look at some chucklefuck who I haven't heard about in at least 15 years. I did not finish reading the front page article. Geoffrey has his thumb on the pulse of the internet!

*I looked at his front page articles, and I do not remember any of them.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stabby McDamage posted:

Summed it up perfectly. I'm one of approximately 0.03 people that actually check the front page, and when I saw this, I was just...confused?

The future of the site is...namedropping Lowtax and punching down on a guy who hasn't been relevant since the Bush administration?

Also coming up on the front page, hot takes on the Man Show and Crank Yankers!

Oh poo poo, this guy punched down? That’s one of the worst ways to punch.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Every few weeks I check back to see if they are finally going to unplug the front page and of all the people to come back and write for it, they chose the absolute perfect person. Still going on about Maddox and some weird internet drama 3 or 4 odd years later. It's really fitting.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Was this something that got submitted years ago and that Lowtax never ran nor paid for?

Maybe they had to run this dogshit to meet some agreement Lowtax made.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

John_A_Tallon posted:

Was this something that got submitted years ago and that Lowtax never ran nor paid for?

Maybe they had to run this dogshit to meet some agreement Lowtax made.

It honestly feels like this. Presidentbaby was doing some articles pretty regularly a while back and they didn't really fit with the audience, few as we may be. I can't see why he would come back or even be asked to come back unless they were really starving for content.

I wish I could contribute something, but I'm really not funny.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
theres a front page?

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's gone now.

:iiam:

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
Wait, it was just an old article on a timer. Info here.

:ms:

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
It's pretty funny we literally could not tell the difference.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think it was written a long time ago but had a "year-in-the-future" publication date. It quotes a facebook post from at least a year ago. I'm going to need you to believe me that I did not commission anyone to write front page articles about lowtax.

PS I removed the article.

LOL. I welcome our automated shitpost overlords.
(I'm kind of relieved.)

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Hey -- I wrote that like 4 years ago, I don't know why it published. I don't even think I have access to the backend. Can someone take it down?

I think I had it set to publish in the year "3020" -- just to keep it in drafts

Asterios fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 7, 2020

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
maddox was cool but he had nothing on the real ultimate power kid

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

Asterios posted:

Hey -- I wrote that like 4 years ago, I don't know why it published. I don't even think I have access to the backend. Can someone take it down?

I think I had it set to publish in the year "3020" -- just to keep it in drafts

boy, i sure hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Jesus that was garbage.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Biscats n Gravy posted:

boy, i sure hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Eagerly awaiting the Third Era of SA where it's owned and run by Steve Sutton.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Sd

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Whatever happened with the call for writers a month or two ago?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Capntastic posted:

Whatever happened with the call for writers a month or two ago?

im pretty sure they found some

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can we just replace it with something else? Maybe one of the tickers on the side as the main feature? I don't think we really need writers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamythighs
Dec 28, 2022

aas Bandit posted:

I was excited to see a update to the front page this morning, since I've been curious how it might change or evolve, now that the site has a new owner and Lowtax is out of the picture...or...not?

The first "new" front page is basically a nod to the former dipstick site owner, a bunch of dumping on a dumb litigious internet personality, and apparently random nonsense? (What's the whole "two", "conjoined" thing about? There's a decent chance I'm being dumb and just missing some in-joke, but it's never explained at all in the article?)

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying the front page is horrible or anything, but I was tired of Lowtax's stupid slap-fights years ago, and here he is, right in the middle of the major public-facing part of the site like a big turd that doesn't flush. Like...what the gently caress?

I thought things might change a little, and this just seems really :flaccid:

What do you think would help