Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
While there are definitely worst smells out there I absolutely cannot stand the smell of malt vinegar. I always think something is rotting before I realize what it is. Doesn't help that my mom loves slathering the stuff on her food.

And yeah, cat pee is real, real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zugzwang posted:

Is this because the lower GI bleed involves necrotic tissue or something? I'm trying to understand what exactly about bleeding from that particular area makes it smell so particularly horrible. I mean, worse than either blood or high-sulfur feces by themselves.

I think its partially the mixture of blood and lower intestinal bacteria, but my theory is that the human brain is hard coded to hate that smell. Its like hearing a stick snap or a gun cock in that its louder than anything despite the decibal level, that smell is the same. Its literally bypassing your thinking brain to hammer on the 'bad' button directly.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Jim Long-un posted:

one time during spring, when it was just starting to crest 90° and get real humid, my ex had three cookouts in a row in which she stood for hours in front of a hot grill in this weather. also she hated showering because she felt like it was a waste of time. at the end of the third day, she wanted me to do her doggy style and, shortly after I went in, the smell coming off her gooch was so overpoweringly vile it instantly withered every sexual impulse in my entire body for a week, and I had to make up an excuse to try and avoid ruining the moment. later she got pissed at me for saying she needed to shower. relationships! :thumbsup:

Your ex is a disgusting psychopath.

Haw the hell did I end up in this thread?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
The smell of organic decay is pretty bad. I used to be a garbage man, and there was this barbecue-type restaurant with which we had a contract - they produced astounding amounts of garbage which we would take away. So anyway, a coworker got sick one time and there was nobody around to pick up the restaurants garbage so it just piled up for about ten days in blazing summer sun. By the time the guy returned to work, there were like fifteen dumpsters full of rotting meat, all kinds of dairy leftovers and half-chewed bones. The two of us spent a whole day dealing with those dumpsters, manually loading them up onto our truck, emptying and washing them afterwards. I volunteered to deal with the unholy dumpsters because I'm not easily grossed out, anyone else would've puked everywhere and then we'd have even more of a mess to clean up.

That being said, the worst smell I ever felt was the smell of an aggressivelly decomposing human body. A neighbor lady died in our tenement building, probably due to heat stroke in the blazing summer. Nobody was there to help her as she had been living alone, and she had been decomposing for at least two weeks before we called the cops to deal with the body in any way they could. The stink was so extreme that the hapless copper who broke into the apartment got sick and he was puking everywhere, not even an army gas mask helped.

So that's my five cents, thank you for your attention.