Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Bravo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/record_mexico/status/1337977838532767744

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hell that sums up every triplemania

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Inject this poo poo into my loving veins

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
amazing show

I was dying laughing at them carrying Chessman's corpse to the ring to get shaved.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That was a really great watch with great wrestling while being AAA as gently caress, perfect

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
as far as im concerned this is the best show end-to-end since covid hit, no matter how many fewer HMs or MOTYCs it gets than the rest

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

YESSS

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah that was a really outstanding show.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I remember hoping and praying that Vampiro was going to explain how the 2018 main event for TripleMania was gonna work and he never did, so this main event was a billion times better simply bc I understood what was happening. Real fun match too. Was not expecting a mini deathmatch to main event the show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think New Japan, NOAH, and AEW have had better shows but this show felt the closest to the actual real product so in a way it is the best show of the year

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
didn't see the whole thing but from when I started watching until the end it was a pretty fun show with an energetic announce team. kenny match was great and I lost it at the loving announcer blading lol perfect. only thing I didn't enjoy was the camera work and the camera cuts during impact a lot of the time. pretty distracting.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mr. Iguana

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That whole card was really fun and it was great hanging out with the goons in the Rudo Dojo

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't know if this was the best show or whatever but AAA feels like it suffers the least for lacking crowds. The set was great, the matches didn't suffer for it and the mariachi dude just hanging out was great.

Pinche Rudo posted:

That whole card was really fun and it was great hanging out with the goons in the Rudo Dojo
Don't know which goon said it but "Self inflicted pile driver" saved by La parka's thiccness was fantastic stuff

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My takesway from this show is Cage should switch to longbois

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Triplethoughts

Love this two man booth, appreciate that they're doing some parts in English. Hugo Savinovich is absolutely world class as a commentator.

1) Máximo, Mr. Iguana, Dinastia vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana. Hot opener. I really like the heeling from Poder del Norte. Just a really solid bad guy stable. On the good guy side, I was already a Máximo fan, and I really liked Mr Iguana.

El Charro Gonzalez. I don't know why this is here but I love the costumes.

A tribute to La Parka. Very delicately done and appropriate.

2) Los Jinetes Del Aire vs Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr vs LUCHA BROS MEXI-KINGS CERO MIEDO MEET US IN THE RING. Popping for this bonkers match before it even starts. They used the AEW Lucha Bros music. Glad Penta is doing better. Stuff gets crazy really fast. Loved the spot where Rey Escorpion just backs away and lets Rey Fenix eat poo poo. The crazy casadora armdrag spot with Los Jinetes was fun. Octagon Jr did a ludicrous corkscrew dive to the outside and hit about a quarter of a person but this was great. The huge ads for Trident gum are a bit distracting. I want to see a whole match with just Octagon Jr and Rey Fenix. Also Texano Jr vs Penta. The bat spot was dumb but fun dumb, and I guess they needed to protect Penta here. Oh wow, Fenix's entire mask is basically off. And Penta is back! And gets hosed up! But Lucha Bros win. I was not expecting this finish, but this was a really good match

Oh gently caress, a goddamn minotaur (Black Taurus) came out! And Hijo del Vikingo! They're just basically having a post-match match. This rules.

Someone got Rey a new mask. That makes me happy.

3) COPA TRIPLEMANIA FEMENIL. Multi woman match with some very good performers. Lady Shani is pretty great. As a relative Lucha novice I quickly lose track of other people until Faby Apache comes out to just wreck everyone's poo poo. Ooh, Mamba is in this? I love the Hades kitty mask. I like Chik Tormenta's look and presentation but I wanted her to come out and just murder some people. BIG MAMI! I love her so much. I realise I'm just naming people as they come out, but I do love Pimpinella Escarlata too. This is an absolute clusterfuck but it's popcorn fun to watch. Boo, wanted Apache to win, gently caress you, stooge ref. I really like Hiedra, she's doing a great job, but I want to have a word with her costume designer about lower costume designs that aren't thongs. Comes down to Lady Shani and Lady Maravilla, which feels inevitable. Mortal Kombat vs Wonder Woman is a good visual. Some great ludicrous submissions here. This was a great chaotic match.

In all the post match chaos I don't want to miss Faby Apache attacking Hiedra and catching a cookie sheet in midair.

I don't know who this group are but they look like they're minimum 40 years old.

4) MONSTER CLOWN, MURDER CLOWN, PSYCHO CLOWN VS. BLUE DEMON JR., HIJO DE LA PARK, LA PARK. Let's take a moment to acknowledge how much Psycho Clown's music loving whips. I will confess that it feels weird as hell to have LA Park on, basically, the La Parka tribute show. Love this rotating ring shot. This is a six person nonsense circus, which is exactly what I was expecting.

PSYCHO LOCO
PSYCHO CLOWN
PSYCHO LOCO
PSYCHO CLOWN

(and so on for about 20 pages)

Never heard of Molotov, but this song kicks rear end. Dad metal. That was awesome.

5) marvel match: ARCANO & LEYENDA AMERICANA VS. TERROR PURPURA & VENENOIDE. The Captain America gear actually rules. Love the jacket. They should have got Danny Limelight as Spider Man as he has the tattoo. Took me a moment to work out who the Thanos guy was supposed to be. The Scarlet Spider jacket really works. This is a shockingly good match that sold its concept wonderfully. Cage as Thanos is an awesome monster. Lio Rush as Spidey is fantastic. This does confirm that the Super J Cup was definitely taped in advance. gently caress, the drill claw is such an awesome move.

The lights out Captain Marvel reveal was fun, but she didn't do anything.

Package for Omega / Laredo Kid. I am loving psyched for this.

6) Kenny Omega vs Laredo Kid. gently caress, I love Kid's ring gear. Kenny's scumbag hair is perfect. Nice to see Immortan Joe reffing this match. God, I love Kenny Omega heel singles matches. He is just breathtaking as a talented bully. Holy loving poo poo, the tire dive spot was ludicrous, this is SO MUCH fun. And then Kenny completely ate poo poo on that dive. Top rope Spanish fly. Top rope. Spanish fly. Beautiful 450 which hit nothing at all. Pull up a money truck to Laredo Kid's House, coward Tony. How the gently caress do you roll through a one winged angel? This is astounding. What a great, great match.

The middle aged rappers are back.

7) Pagano vs Chessman. It continues to gently caress me up how much Pagano looks like Jimmy Havoc. This is a big budget Lucha Deathmatch with all that entails. Enjoyable brutal nonsense. The red blood on the yellow mat looked GREAT. I have to confess to being squeamish about the bits with Lady Shani. I love the continuity of how many people from earlier matches come back here. LEAVE HUGO ALONE, YOU ASSHOLES! Ridiculous finish. Chessman throwing bloody hair at Pagano is quite the visual.

Overall: very good show. Awesome actual main event, fun ludicrous bullshit in the garbage match that followed. It was also a super accessible intro to AAA for outsiders. The Youtube video of this has half a million views so far, so bravo to them.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Honestly this might've been my favorite Triplemania of the last couple of years and I don't care mucho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_rNvBw7Yg

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Something that I have to ask after watching this show, since don't follow AAA at all:

El Hijo de Tirantes - Is his gimmick that he's trying to be an even bigger, more incompetent piece of poo poo than his father was? Because between his random interference in the Copa match, his weird delayed fast counts all over the show, and his tendency to constantly just barely get out of the way of wrestlers moving around the ring, I desperately wanted him to eat poo poo in the main event, be it broken ladder to the face or getting pushed off the apron through a table or something.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Germansimp posted:

Something that I have to ask after watching this show, since don't follow AAA at all:

El Hijo de Tirantes - Is his gimmick that he's trying to be an even bigger, more incompetent piece of poo poo than his father was? Because between his random interference in the Copa match, his weird delayed fast counts all over the show, and his tendency to constantly just barely get out of the way of wrestlers moving around the ring, I desperately wanted him to eat poo poo in the main event, be it broken ladder to the face or getting pushed off the apron through a table or something.

Hijo del Tierantes is a rudo wrestler and referees in the best interests of his friends. He's been feuding with Faby Apache for years, which is why he interfered with her and his count speed varies greatly based on who he likes in the match. Being pissed off at him is the point of his character.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hijo de Tirantes is a great rudo ref and you should boo the poo poo out of him and swear at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I read that there's only one tecnico ref in AAA

you're not supposed to like the refs