Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lmao but only the guy on the top really seems to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Full schedule should be out today.

e: It's out, and I sure hope you don't mind playing only 2-3 matches against clubs from the opposite conference!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 24, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The people who were saying the Supporter's Shield should have a giant asterisk next to it last season will really love this schedule.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
If you care about a balanced schedule in a conference/playoffs league then you're a weenie

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Popero posted:

If you care about a balanced schedule in a conference/playoffs league then you're a weenie

The Supporters' Shield exists mainly because of precisely that sort of weenie so dumb schedule-related drama is just honouring its traditions.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay, hell yeah

https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/1375137955254202371?s=19

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

gently caress yes.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

nick deleon is antivax, so that's something neat i found out today

quote:

“I will not get vaccinated. That will not happen to me, period. Period,” DeLeon said.

He said he doesn’t trust vaccines.

“I never have,” he said. “I’ve never had vaccines. I don’t get the flu shot. I don’t get any of that. I don’t take medicine. I don’t take prescription crap. Any of that.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I think former Revolution keeper Adin Brown was a Christian scientist and rejected modern medicine or something.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

cool, leave him in florida

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Popero posted:

I think former Revolution keeper Adin Brown was a Christian scientist and rejected modern medicine or something.
If he is indeed a Christian Scientist then yes that is absolutely what they do.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Azerban posted:

Surely MLS will require all their employees to be vaxxed? Would be super dumb if they don't.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MLS' Open Cup qualification plan

tl;dr: The 8 teams with the best record after the first 3 games will qualify and face a lower-division squad in the first round.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

whypick1 posted:

MLS' Open Cup qualification plan

tl;dr: The 8 teams with the best record after the first 3 games will qualify and face a lower-division squad in the first round.

Oh good, they're still adding a way to ensure another Portland/Seattle match.

"The 16 teams will be pooled on a geographic basis into groups of four, with each quartet consisting of two Division I teams and two lower division sides."

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if neither team makes it tbh. You guys have CCL to deal with and 2 road matches, Seattle has at least 4 new starters to go with a new formation and has to play Minnesota and @ LAFC.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Our 2nd match is Houston @ home, but point taken.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:aaaaa:

https://twitter.com/mrkmcclr/status/1376565600512790529

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Haha I bitch about this every season. Glad it's gone hopefully.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
CCL thread up

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sounders have hired Craig Waibel as their new sporting director. He's the guy who succeeded Garth Lagerway in RSL as the GM, who he'll now be reporting to again.

Considering how well our last poaching of RSL's front office has been and that Waibel seems to have been one of the few people at RSL trying to fix the toxic work environment I am A-OK with this move.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Altidore is posting and is as online as ever

https://mobile.twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1377325787976720387

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1377628759982014474

https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1377637650056773645

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

This has to be something extremely offline and personal between the two. There is no way someone, even a man as incredibly smoothbrained as Jozy Altidore would want to have a conversation about terrible American pundits and institutional racism and think "ah yes Taylor Twellman is the posterboy for this problem" meanwhile Alexi Lalas scowls around the background talking about how women don't deserve pay because they aren't any good and how kneeling athletes are ruining America.

Jozy is as bad a poster as he is a footballer.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

This has to be something extremely offline and personal between the two. There is no way someone, even a man as incredibly smoothbrained as Jozy Altidore would want to have a conversation about terrible American pundits and institutional racism and think "ah yes Taylor Twellman is the posterboy for this problem" meanwhile Alexi Lalas scowls around the background talking about how women don't deserve pay because they aren't any good and how kneeling athletes are ruining America.

Jozy is as bad a poster as he is a footballer.
I think the difference might literally be volume. Alexi is a smarmy dickhead. Taylor, perhaps because of all those concussions, gratuitously yells about things.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1377336328824623104

does he think he's Pele or something?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/1378362922011930630?s=20

Well this should be interesting. I don't know how they're going to move forward here. Kaku clearly wants out, first his flirtation with Club América and now I think he's played 7 games or something with Al-Taawoun. Do they just hope for some sort of $ compensation or something? I can't imagine Kaku is going to be happy going forward.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MLS will be implement FIFA's concussion substitution protocol.

The text also says we'll continue using the "5 subs in 3 stoppages of play not counting halftime" from last year, so get ready for even more confusion about substitution rules (I really hope trying to explain them isn't one of the concussion protocol tests :v:).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
EarthQuakes Stadium is now PayPal Park.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DC United replaced their General Manager, some knucklehead in charge of strategy, and penned a proper TV deal again for matches on local NBC sports. All in a day!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Waiting for Hoover Dam's annual OP :pray:

e: suggested thread subtitle: "Don Garber declares Martian Law"

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 15, 2021

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheBackpost/status/1382746594496319488

Unless SKC's defense has improved this offseason, congrats to any team that plays them these next few weeks.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i appreciate the MLSness of the fact that the first match of the season is between the 2 team expected to be the worst in the league on a friday night on espn+

soccer is indeed back

that being said theres some fun matches this weekend. also if you watch enough mls to read this thread espn+ is definitely worth getting for the season

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

i appreciate the MLSness of the fact that the first match of the season is between the 2 team expected to be the worst in the league on a friday night on espn+

But Miami and the Galaxy play on Sunday :confused:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Unironically excited to watch (apparently not so) fatty gonz bang em in for Miami

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I somehow did not realize the Red Bull’s traded Tim Parker to Houston. I do not like this at all.

I have no idea what to expect from the Red Bull’s this season. We might be real bad without Kaku.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
In anticipation of finally having an MLS team in Austin and the first game being tomorrow, can someone give me or point me to a quick rundown of the club? I know nothing about the players so would like a general info dump of who I should care about and who is garbage.

I know they spent money on Alex Ring so I anticipate he is worthwhile. The kid they drafted 1 overall is pretty interesting I guess. I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

humpthewind posted:

In anticipation of finally having an MLS team in Austin and the first game being tomorrow, can someone give me or point me to a quick rundown of the club? I know nothing about the players so would like a general info dump of who I should care about and who is garbage.

I know they spent money on Alex Ring so I anticipate he is worthwhile. The kid they drafted 1 overall is pretty interesting I guess. I don't know.

I'm filling in for Hoover Dam, so watch the 2021 thread for an effort post.

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965141