Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

To be fair to Nick Gage Fat Pussy was a lovable character from the HBO show Tony Soprano's

:eng101: Big Pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Niles Young, there's a name I haven't thought about in 15 years. I can't remember if he was the original Lance Steel, time travelling knight, in Chikara or if he was the the clone.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWF Superstars 6/17/95:

"Si, senor." - Dok Hendrix with an attempt at a comical accent during Savio Vega's entrance

"What was that?" - Vince McMahon

"Si, senor." - Dok Hendrix

"Oh my god. Unbelievable attempt at Spanish." - Vince McMahon

"I'm bilingual. I'm everything." - Dok Hendrix

---

"Savio Vega, that Latin temper is really on fire. Si, senor." - Dox Hendrix

"Si, Senor. Listen to you" - Vince McMahon

"I'm good. Ain't I? - Dox Hendrix

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

see: seigneur

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ROH Glory By Honor IV 9/17/05:

"You better get down on knee now c***s****r." - Julius Smokes to Jay Lethal

---

---

"C'mon f*g" - Adam Pearce

---

"How 'bout we give a Jimmy likes balls chant a try?" - Mick Foley, regarding Jimmy Rave

"Jimmy likes balls. Jimmy likes balls. Jimmy likes balls. Etc." - Crowd

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

B/V 9/18/05:

"And Eugene has to act like a r*t**d when fans are around. I swear to god. <..> I know people will be, there will be some people upset that I said he had to act like a r*t**d, but in fact he's been called a r*t**d on WWE TV. That's his gimmick. He's r*t**d*d. I'm sorry. I didn't come up with it." - Bryan Alvarez

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't remember them ever saying that on WWE TV but I could be wrong

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Rock used to call Kane the Big Red <that word> all the time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

The Rock used to call Kane the Big Red <that word> all the time

No I remember that one sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I didn't remember them saying it shot Eugene. I remember special and disadvantaged

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Shard posted:

I don't remember them ever saying that on WWE TV but I could be wrong

They've employed other terms and made the nature of the gimmick really clear, but I haven't noticed them using that term about Eugene either.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's a moment sometime late in the 00s where some people really made an effort to stop using gay slurs so they replaced them with the R-word.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There's a moment sometime late in the 00s where some people really made an effort to stop using gay slurs so they replaced them with the R-word.

I know exactly what you mean. That word used to be all over. And then I'll watch like Team 4 Star doing a watchalong of their Hellsing Abridged and there is a part where they say it and they start apologizing profusely

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1533116445936300033

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Which word on there are we not supposed to say?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Which word on there are we not supposed to say?

dont worry cav's just postin

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe it's because Starkman Jones is similar in name to noted strip club shooter Pacman Jones, idk I only recognise maybe half the people in the tweet

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 9/30/05:

JBL comes out in Laredo dressed like this:

JBL asks crowd in Laredo to find someone next to them with a green card to translate his promo.

JBL says that he can clear the arena with one call to immigration.

JBL says that he knows someone in the crowd is used to climbing barriers

JBL says that he has to feed the mouths of people who come here illegally and can't make a living.

JBL chokes Mysterio with a Mexican flag

---

9/27/05 B/V:

"We don't wanna see 'em hugging and playing tag. R*t***ed!" - Bryan Alvarez on Ultimate Fighter being too something that he doesn't want to say.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

collocation posted:

Smackdown 9/30/05:

JBL

But you see it's totally okay because we're supposed to boo him.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

F4W Daily 9/28/05:

Bob Barnett says that AAA is booked like Liberace would book it with lots of little boys.

F4W Daily 9/29/05:

"For you and Vinny it would be dinner masher, which is like a f**." - Buddy Wayne

"Is this your friend? Another implication of us being gay." - Buddy Wayne, saying what DBSJR asked him about Bryan and what he felt it meant.

collocation fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 14, 2022

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

PWG After School Special 10/1/05:

"The things that I hate most, Mexicans, screwed me over. Not only do they screw over everybody in America, the night when everything came together, the night when everything meant everything, they screwed me." - Chris Bosh

"Steen, no matter where you are, no matter what diet you're on, no matter how many gay men you're loving, I'm coming for you still." - Chris Bosh

"Scott Lost, you will know that queering doesn't make the world go round." - Chris Hero, doing a Warrior impression

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WCW Saturday Night 2/19/94:

"Caught one right in the ol' burrito." - Bobby Heenan on The Patriot striking Ricky Santana

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

B/V 10/04/05:

Bryan tells Vinny that he has gay pride. Vinny tells Bryan to gently caress off.

"Shane came out in a suit with his f**gy little dance at the top of the ramp." - Vinny V

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

F4D 10/13/05:

"Straight Eye For a Queer Guy" - Buddy Wayne describing Bryan and Buddy helping Vinny shop

-----

PWG Straight to DVD 10/14/05:

"I heard the crowd calling you a f***ot and that just reinforces it." - PWG commentator after crowd chants "disco f***ot"

-----

ROH Buffalo Stampede 10/15/05:

Nigel Mcguiness says that American football is just an excuse for grown men to wear shoulder pads and give each other their sacs.

---

"I don't see you jumpin' in here, f***ot." - Steve Corino to a fan

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

RAW 10/17/05:

"Am I about to stun my first transvestite?" - Steve Austin, regarding Stephanie, who had talked about having balls earlier.

B/V 10/23/05:

Vinny talks about not caring about the listeners. Bryan asks if there's anyone else he wants to go after, like the Jews (due to Kremen). At the end of the show, Bryan asks if Vinny has any last words. He yells "Sieg Heil."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving Christ, Vinny

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

RAW 10/24/05:

"A guy who walks around with bleached blond hair, wears spandex, and calls himself hardcore. I'm thinkin' he'd rather have me in the shower than in the ring, if you know what I mean. So Bob, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Masterpiece don't swing that way." - Chris Master on Hardcore Holly

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ROH This Means War 10/29/05:

"If you prepubescent r*t**ds keep your mouth shut...." - Nigel McG

ROH Showdown in Motown 11/04/05:

"Shut your mouth, r*t**ds" - Adam Pearce to the crowd

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Unless someone else wants to continue it, this thread is likely dead. I have been too social to watch retro poo poo lately and, while many of the things that people said sucked, I don't think that transcribing isms from 17 years ago is the best way for me to spend my more limited time. We all know how wrestling was. It was what it was. It is what it is.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think that this is a healthy realization to come to

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgJkQFvLvSE

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

what's the e word

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

DeimosRising posted:

what's the e word

eskimo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Epinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

collocation posted:

Unless someone else wants to continue it, this thread is likely dead. I have been too social to watch retro poo poo lately and, while many of the things that people said sucked, I don't think that transcribing isms from 17 years ago is the best way for me to spend my more limited time. We all know how wrestling was. It was what it was. It is what it is.

For what it's worth, I thought it was a decent thread and didn't understand the hostility shown to you throughout.