Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Has anyone read John Jackson Miller’s new pre-TPM novel yet?

I'm about 30ish chapters in and enjoying it. It's so strange in retrospect that we haven't really gotten much characterization for the Jedi Council (besides Mace and Yoda at least) before now.

I chuckle every time Heezo pops up, eager to help out, knowing his true identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I kind of forgot it was coming out. Which is odd because it’s the most promising new release for a while.

I really need to get back to THR. Last time I read any was The Fallen Star and that was released 2 years ago.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just finished The Living Force over the weekend, and yeah, getting some actual characterization for the Jedi council members really helps flesh them out as characters. I also really enjoy any time the Jedi's own issues are getting called out

This book really helps bridge the Jedi order we see in The High Republic with the Jedi Order we see in the prequels, I can actually see now how they disappeared up their own asses and missed the rise of a Sith Lord under their very noses

And the main villain of the book is revealed to be from an orphanage, where her closest friends were picked up by a recruiting Jedi as force sensitives and she was left alone.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

quote:

Inquisitors follows the Empire’s Jedi hunters as they narrow in on a new target: Tensu Run, a survivor of Order 66 looking to spread hope and rebuild the Jedi Order. He has won the attention of Darth Vader, who is determined to have Tensu killed at any cost.
https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-inquisitors

Maybe now that they're not following a protagonist character, they'll actually get to show off how much of a threat the Inquisitorious actually are

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Spoiler: they aren't

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

feedmyleg posted:

Spoiler: they aren't

i dont hate the inquestion as they are, but like they have always kinda been disposible jobbers who were either oppertunistic assholes who wanted to climb the ladder without jedi constraints or hosed up messes that were basicaly tortured and abused into being feral animals on a chain.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I've been watching Rebels along with AMCA and one thing I did appreciate was that while the Seventh Sister (aka the one voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar) is properly a threat, the Fifth Brother (aka the one played by Sung Kang in that show that instantly wiped itself from everybody's minds) clearly just loving sucks with a lightsaber. The show doesn't feel the need to have a character call him out on it, but he can't land a blow to save his life, and I think there's even a moment where he tries to toss his lightsaber at somebody, misses, and it just clatters to the ground like a badly thrown boomerang. I find it really realistic that there's some people who are inquisitors not for their talent, but because Sheev wanted a round number. Not everybody needs to be good at everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont hate the inquestion as they are, but like they have always kinda been disposible jobbers who were either oppertunistic assholes who wanted to climb the ladder without jedi constraints or hosed up messes that were basicaly tortured and abused into being feral animals on a chain.

Except for Inquisitor Tremayne, he was cool.

Star Wars Adventure Journal 4 lyfe