Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Dream Song 14
By John Berryman
Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
we ourselves flash and yearn,
and moreover my mother told me as a boy
(repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
means you have no

Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
Peoples bore me,
literature bores me, especially great literature,
Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
as bad as achilles,

who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
and somehow a dog
has taken itself & its tail considerably away
into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
behind: me, wag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
ever lay down in the dark of night, close your eyes, and one second later open them to a bright and sunny world? I like to think that at death we close our eyes and one second later it's trillions of years into the future where all time and matter has broken down

but I believe I'll just return to whatever i was during the 13.8 billion years between the big bang and 1989.

here's a good video
https://youtu.be/uD4izuDMUQA

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
But OP... I am Pagliacci.

Try not to let it get you down. We don't know who we are or where we are going or what is going to happen to us when we get there, and that's perfectly okay, because we're a bunch of clever monkeys who would just gently caress everything up if we did suddenly know what was up. Have a Diet Dr. Thunder, smoke some weed, listen to some tunes. This too shall pass.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Everything you'll ever be happens in between twin eternities of non-existence. Compared to two infinities of nothingness 100 years (at most) is the same as 0 years. Ipso facto you don't exist so don't worry about it.

Surrounded by two infinities of nothingness, we're living in the small sliver of time where we could be goons. How cool is that?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ok op what you do is go on the net and hire someone to kill you. Now you're not paranoid about a vague existential threat but a specific actionable one since you will have to fight off an assassin at any moment. If you manage to kill them hire a new guy.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

some bust on that guy posted:

Surrounded by two infinities of nothingness, we're living in the small sliver of time where we could be goons. How cool is that?

Truly we, above all others in time, are blessed.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
What is it about dentists and depression??
if you're actually a dentist that means you got your act together enough to go to college for a long time that means you're probably white and privileged, live in the US, you were able to get married

All this poo poo I wasn't able to get my act together enough to do
and I'm just going to try to fall in love one more time before the heart attack that kills me

That's my meaning in life. I completely blew it no backsies. But I still have hope something better can happen to me than right now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Piggy I see these threads of yours...

Just try to make the life you're living right now better, you can do it! Let's survive this plague first together, you and us goons. :)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Spinz posted:

What is it about dentists and depression??

It's because they're looking down in the mouth all day.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

if you're actually a dentist that means you got your act together enough to go to college for a long time that means you're probably white and privileged, live in the US, you were able to get married

God if I show this sentence to my dentist I'm pretty sure she will actually develop a depression.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Spinz posted:

Piggy I see these threads of yours...

Just try to make the life you're living right now better, you can do it! Let's survive this plague first together, you and us goons. :)

:hug:

Love the responses and some were truly wise and amazing.

Yes I’m a dentist. First in my lineage to be a doctor of any kind. I’m not white and am in fact Mexican American who’s dad worked at Ma Bell which used to be a telephone company back in dinosaur time. My mom was a house wife who did her best to protect me and my siblings from a verbally abusive father. Went to USC and amassed a substantial student loan of about $350,000. Oh and I survived a widow maker heart attack where my heart stopped and had to be shocked back on. I was at the door step of eternity and it’s a truly scary thing to have a foot stepping in deaths door and successfully pulled it back out. All my thoughts are now broken up in my head as pre and post heart attack.

Love you goons.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Flunky posted:

whenever i feel this way i just eat a hoagie and i'm good for another week

The only rational move.

What do you like on your hoagie?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

Yes I’m a dentist
mods?

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

I sometimes wonder if on my death bed I will long for those boring times in my life at work when I would wish time to pass by quickly so I could go home. How important those “boring” times were and not to be taken for granted.

Death bed Piggy Smalls is not more important than present day Piggy Smalls. In fact, gently caress that guy. Your earlier moments are arguably more important than your last ones because they will leave longer memories and inform more of your life.

Do whatever you want. No need to please some old dying rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I wish you were my dentist op