Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there any RTS (with a budget, not just an indie with one demo reel from three years ago) in development that's a spiritual successor to Forged Alliance? I think Chris Taylor is retired, has anyone picked up the mass-scale battles, automated production torch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Zero-K? Although your "with a budget" part makes me wonder if you mean "looks better then FA."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is there any RTS (with a budget, not just an indie with one demo reel from three years ago) in development that's a spiritual successor to Forged Alliance? I think Chris Taylor is retired, has anyone picked up the mass-scale battles, automated production torch?

Chris Taylor actually isn't retired and is working on a new game, but there's been very little info on it and I doubt it has much budget. Otherwise, you've got Sanctuary, which is made up of ex-SupCom modders and is supposed to have a Kickstarter later this year.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

The latter NOD missions in the original C&C are fuckin rough. I don't remember them being this hard. I've been doing a replay of the C&C series, and these missions are beating the piss out of me. I don't know if they did any rebalancing in the remaster, but they probably could have used another look, lol

C&C3 still feels like the "best" one to play, even though I don't really care for the retcons and plot changes.