Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

It’s Christmas Eve, and that means it’s time for
guilt and shame. Are your parents telling you you don’t love them unless you fly cross country to see them in a pandemic? Are you worried that the gifts you bought everybody are hella lame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

hey OP, I got out ahead of this and called my parents ahead of time. I was proactive about my stress and it turned out pretty well. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but if it works for someone maybe they can try it. I hope you will be ok.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I work today and tomorrow

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My parents declared that we shall not be exchanging gifts this year due to the difficulties of the pandemic and it's been wonderful.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Thankfully my parents aren't hosting this year, just gonna be a nice dinner with the missus and probably fall asleep in front of a movie.

Then one more week before the holidays are finally over and we can go back to watching the number go up because Kevins didn't want to be told what to do.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
Opted to stay in the city I moved to recently since interstate travel would have led to me spending more than half my time isolating, it spared me the poo poo show of having to buy gifts and avoiding visits with some family members but not others. Instead I'm stuck in an apartment with a roommate where our relationship is rapidly deteriorating to the point we don't speak. I don't know anyone here and cant even go out and meet friends, so yeah this year loving blows and I hate this place right now.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I can't stress enough that it's the holidays.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao I got a call from my parents, who've been reasonably sensible for most of pandemic, and they're on their way to an adjacent town for a big xmas party with extended family :cripes:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
My boss called my and got me really stressed out because I'm a big wet willy. So I've coped by getting really drunk.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
my parents are mostly taking the pandemic seriously but had a funny conversation with my mom where she both expressed profound disappointment with my not coming over for Christmas while also saying she'd never forgive me of i did come and my dad or sister got covid...

So bullet dodged I guess

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Dad, at 82 had some minor seizure last night while he and mom were visiting my sister. Why the gently caress they are visiting during covid is beyond me, but their deal I guess.
All's ok for now, low heart beat and blood pressure, and issue for years, now dad is currently in surgery for a pacemaker. Which is an out-patient surgery these days amazingly.

So that is all great, but mom is freaking a bit, fair enough. The family left me a voice mail after I was asleep last night, that I missed, and then sent emails that I didn't check first thing in the morning.
This morning though I'm getting out of the shower and there is a pounding on the door and windows. Someone is out there trying to get in, circling the house, etc. Understand my goon that I live in the middle of 15 acres in the middle of nowhere. In 17 years I've had zero number of people pounding at doors and windows; you just don't get unexpected visits. I'm getting out of the shower, toweling off and throwing some clothes on, and kinda trying to remember that there is bear spray on the coat rack, and there is a baseball bat in the mudroom.

It's my neighbor. Met him once before for 10 minutes. Since I had not returned calls or emails in the last 14 hours, mom figured I was dead, and called a neighbor to please go check for my corpse..... I get the stress level mom, but seriously asking a neighbor to break into my house because I have not responded in 14 hours. It was a bit much. And then I don't want to give my mom grief, she's got plenty going on, but um thanks for sharing? Talked with moms and sis, and my aunt so all is good now. Dad should be home in a couple of hours, but high holy poo poo if you want some holiday stress, there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My parents have two completely stuffed fridges full of food even though they live alone and it really stresses me out