Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who were the better champions in December?
This poll is closed.
The Young Bucks (AEW World Tag Team Champions) 18 62.07%
The Field 11 37.93%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Since I brought back the threads to determine the best tag team champions in a given month, I thought these polls would be closer than they actually are. As it turns out, people REALLY like what All Elite Wrestling are doing. This, combined with both New Japan and Impact not having any of their tag titles defended this month gave me a solution: give people only two options this month: the AEW World Tag Team Champions, or the Field. If the Field gets 50% +1 votes, we go to a run-off - otherwise, I waste a little less time doing this.

The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) - AEW World Tag Team Champions - defended against the Acclaimed on Dynamite

Representing the Field:

Queen's Quest (Utami Hayashishita and Saya Kamitani) - FORMER Goddesses of Stardom Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Oedo Tai at Year End Climax

Oedo Tai (Konami and Bea Priestley) - Goddesses of Stardom Champions - won from Queen's Quest at Year End Climax

Sareee & Yoshiko - SEAdLINNNG Beyond the Sea Tag Team Champions - defended against Ryo Mizunami & Nanae Takahashi at 2020 Final Battle!

The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) - FORMER WWE Raw Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against the Hurt Business at TLC

The Hurt Business (Cederic Alexander and Shelton Benjamin) - WWE Raw Tag Team Champions - won from the New Day at TLC

R.E.D. (BxB Hulk and KAI) - Open the Twin Gate Champions - defended against Don Fuji & Masaaki Mochizuki at Final Gate

Sugiura-gun (Kazushi Sakuraba and Takashi Sugirua) - GHC Tag Team Champions - defended against Yoshiki Inamura & Kaito Kiyomiya at the Gift 2020 in Nagoya

The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) - WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions - defended against Robert Roode & Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown

Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax - FORMER WWE Women's Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Asuka & Charlotte Flair at TLC

Asuka & Charlotte Flair - WWE Women's Tag Team Champions - won from Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax at TLC

Stinger (HAYATA and Yoshinari Ogawa) - GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions - defended against Salvahe de Oriente & Kotaro Suzuki at Final Chronicle

The Foundation (Jonathan Gresham and Jay Lethal) - ROH Tag Team Champions - defended against Mark Briscoe and PCO at Final Battle

....and any other Tag Team Champions you think were better this month than the Young Bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Choosing the field because I don't watch AEW. Unless Young Bucks got way better than they were in New Japan and PWG a few years ago, they're still quite a few steps below Sugiura-gun or Eruption

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQxEVhyvA0I

I voted for this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please remove WWE from the field and make them their own option. i believe it lowers the chances of someone voting for the field because it is a partial vote for wwe

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SG Bamboo posted:

Choosing the field because I don't watch AEW. Unless Young Bucks got way better than they were in New Japan and PWG a few years ago, they're still quite a few steps below Sugiura-gun or Eruption
they are in fact way better. Seek out the matches vs Hangman Page & Kenny Omega and vs FTR from this year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JOHN CENA posted:

they are in fact way better. Seek out the matches vs Hangman Page & Kenny Omega and vs FTR from this year.

Neither of which happened in December.

Bare minimum there are 5 teams under The Field that I'd rather watch than The Bucks as a general rule (Queen's Quest, Yoshiko & Sareee, RED, Stinger & Sugiuragun). But I've not seen the Boxing Day Stardom show yet or the December SEAdLINNNG so can't in good faith include QQ or Yoshiko & Sareee for this month, & I thought the Stinger match at Final Chronicle was bogged down in NOAH Junior BS with Susumu's unmasking/turn on Suzuki & then NOSAWA getting involved. Still, Sugiuragun vs Inamura & Kaiyomiya and RED vs MochiFujii both slapped

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 31, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

JOHN CENA posted:

Guess they just don't appeal to me. Thought the Kenny/Page match was just good when it happened and found FTR the far more entertaining pair during the Full Gear match I just watched.

forkboy84 posted:

Neither of which happened in December.

Bare minimum there are 5 teams under The Field that I'd rather watch than The Bucks as a general rule (Queen's Quest, Yoshiko & Sareee, RED, Stinger & Sugiuragun). But I've not seen the Boxing Day Stardom show yet or the December SEAdLINNNG so can't in good faith include QQ or Yoshiko & Sareee for this month, & I thought the Stinger match at Final Chronicle was bogged down in NOAH Junior BS with Susumu's unmasking/turn on Suzuki & then NOSAWA getting involved. Still, Sugiuragun vs Inamura & Kaiyomiya and RED vs MochiFujii both slapped

I mean I burst out laughing when Nosawa turned within a minute of getting in the ring so that's worth a vote on it's own. NOAH's Junior division is such an entertaining mess

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

when Gedo was at his peak, we excused his bland booking of the tag division. I think now that Nosawa is at his peak we should express the same courtesy to his car crash booking of the junior tag division.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

when Gedo was at his peak, we excused his bland booking of the tag division. I think now that Nosawa is at his peak we should express the same courtesy to his car crash booking of the junior tag division.

I will absolutely take chaotic NOAH Juniors over the utter nothingness of New Japan tags. Like you say, it's car crash & hard to look away from.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Cavauro posted:

please remove WWE from the field and make them their own option. i believe it lowers the chances of someone voting for the field because it is a partial vote for wwe

can confirm, this was my reason for voting even before I saw this reply

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I should point out that it says 'Field', not 'Fiend', sorry if there's any confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Voted the field for Konami, who I understand has a tag partner, but I have no idea who that person is.