Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Crescent Wrench posted:

I admit Mark Rylance does play a good weirdo billionaire, but the funniest and strangest part of the movie is Rob Morgan's hairpiece.

Pictured: me watching Don't Look Up

If you love The Daily Show in 2021 you'll love Don't Look Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
So it's a new year, can we have RLM 2022 thread ready?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's 9:17pm on december 31st, actually

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Last year it took 23 minutes, IDK if reignofevil is as on the ball this year

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I will never understand why Bill Maher has a show or any employment at all. He’s so painfully unfunny and repulsively out of touch. I guess there are enough fellow shitlibs to sustain his comedic mediocrity. God he loving sucks. And that was exactly the vibe I got from the Don’t Look Up too, that’s an excellent comparison.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I will never understand why Bill Maher has a show or any employment at all. He’s so painfully unfunny and repulsively out of touch. I guess there are enough fellow shitlibs to sustain his comedic mediocrity. God he loving sucks. And that was exactly the vibe I got from the Don’t Look Up too, that’s an excellent comparison.

He had one good point, which was that it wasn't actually cowardly for the 9/11 dudes to fly a plane into the WTC, it was just a lovely thing to do. And he got canceled for it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

for me Armageddon was the default movie in high school in the early 2000's when a substitute teacher would roll in the movie cart. That and Dante's Peak. I've probably seen both a dozen times. All at school.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
We usually had to watch terrible Canadian films in those situations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hillary freaks: "Don't Look Up is bad because David Sirota is a BernieBro"

Leftists: "Don't Look Up is bad because it's shitlib"

CHUDs: "Dont luk up bad cuz it dun got hollywud librul agenda"

Critics and celebrities: "Don't Look Up is bad because it hurt my feelings"

Me, wise: "It's easily the best comedy of the last 20 years. An extremely low bar, but there you have it."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What if Matrix... by Villeneuve

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dabir posted:

All I know about the home alone reboot is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufem1g47NTU
And it sounds loving wretched.

Wow, I watched this entire ~20 min YouTube video, and just wow.

gently caress the new Home Alone movie and gently caress everyone who made it. This poo poo is dire.

It starts off with a millionaire mother stopping at the open house of a struggling couple forced to sell their home due to hardship and pretending to be interested in buying their house as a ruse so that her disgusting pig of a son can pee.

And then it gets worse from there. :stare:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A guy I worked with was a reshoot double for one of the home alone sequels (3? 4?) and got like 10,000k for his work which he apparently blew on an insane 21st birthday party so who is to say if the films are good or bad

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hillary freaks: "Don't Look Up is bad because David Sirota is a BernieBro"

Leftists: "Don't Look Up is bad because it's shitlib"

CHUDs: "Dont luk up bad cuz it dun got hollywud librul agenda"

Critics and celebrities: "Don't Look Up is bad because it hurt my feelings"

Me, wise: "It's easily the best comedy of the last 20 years. An extremely low bar, but there you have it."

I'm trying to think of what I'd answer.

21 jump street?

It was good, and everyone laughing their asses off in theatre enhanced the experience.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

precision posted:

i've seen that trailer for Roland Emmerich's The Moon Attacks!!! thrice now and i cannot stop myself from laughing, out loud and at great length and with a primal idiot delight

so perfectly stupid

i just looked this up and it looks amazing. i broke out laughing partway through. if the final film is half as hilarious as the trailer this is going to be glorious schlock and i cant wait to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989401