Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does the name “goldbelly” gross anyone else out? It sounds like some kind of weird fetish thing.

I may have internet poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

More like “Fat n Smelly”

637dollars
Jan 14, 2021

by Athanatos
The infamous cookies from from Jaques Torres and they're loving delicious. Glad I live in a city where I can pay the normal price for them.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

lolling out loud that people voluntarily donated money to lowtax to buy his dumb internet cookies

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lolling out loud that people voluntarily donated money to lowtax to buy his dumb internet cookies

No wonder his spine keeps crumbling it’s made of cookies.

I feel like this joke has already been made.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I just ordered a Peanut Butter Cup Shortbread thingy through Goldbelly. Waiting for it to arrive. As long as you know upfront you're overpaying for a slightly subpar experience of iconic foods and are ok with it, go for it.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

My friend sent us a meal kit for Christmas from Goldbelly, it looked fabulously expensive. It was a decent meal - probably more limited by my cooking skill than the quality of ingredients.

Anyway it came with a full bottle of this stuff:
https://thislittlegoat.com/products/this-little-goat-went-to-hong-kong

Which you can just buy a la carte. And it's really really good. Can use it on basically anything.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I couldn't figure out what to get my dad for christmas because he has this unfortunate tendency to think of something he wants/needs in early december and buy it for himself immediately but anyway we talked about it and he ultimately decided that since his gift to himself was a brisket knife he wanted me to get him this smoked brisket off of Goldbelly from this BBQ in Florida. It was like $100 which I understand is much more than I would have spent buying a brisket and smoking it myself but we got it and it tasted incredible and we got a bunch of meals out of it so I'm honestly not really bothered by it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I couldn't figure out what to get my dad for christmas because he has this unfortunate tendency to think of something he wants/needs in early december and buy it for himself immediately but anyway we talked about it and he ultimately decided that since his gift to himself was a brisket knife he wanted me to get him this smoked brisket off of Goldbelly from this BBQ in Florida. It was like $100 which I understand is much more than I would have spent buying a brisket and smoking it myself but we got it and it tasted incredible and we got a bunch of meals out of it so I'm honestly not really bothered by it.

Gift for dad was the main reason for ordering kuchen.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 14, 2021

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

AutomaticPrince posted:

I just ordered a Peanut Butter Cup Shortbread thingy through Goldbelly. Waiting for it to arrive. As long as you know upfront you're overpaying for a slightly subpar experience of iconic foods and are ok with it, go for it.

lots of things are great when ur a fuckin idiot

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A lot of personal experience eh :grin:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Some of that stuff looks all right if a bit overpriced

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It’s basically just Hickory Farms meets Sharper Image

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Jesus

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does the name “goldbelly” gross anyone else out? It sounds like some kind of weird fetish thing.

I may have internet poisoning.

To me its twee as gently caress and I have an image of a techbro telling their guests "Oh these bullshit pastries, I get them overnighted from NYC, they're soo expensive but I can't live without them since I moved from my parent's penthouse to SF, I like to keep in touch with my roots"

I probably have poisoning too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

It was good but it wasn't that good.