Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

TraderStav posted:

Had +640 on Yale (FanDuel)

Same.

I shop between FD, DK, BetMGM, ESPN, and Caesars. Can be some significant differences when it comes to ML. Spreads and O/U are generally around the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

esperantinc posted:

What line did yinz have for Yale? I got +540 on Rivers. I'm still down 15$ on the day so I'm curious. I think I need to find a new book for the rest of the tournament.

edit: wins/odds today:

Yale +540
Northwestern +155
Clemson +112
Colorado -108

I got Colorado at +102 ar Rivers. The rest look the same. Got +640 for Yale on FanDuel

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Line shopping on the phone was always a pain in the rear end because my PC never seems to detect location for the various sites, but maybe I should try again with my Macbook now that I’m thinking about getting back into it.

anyway go Underdogs

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I didn't line shop. I just bet everything. When I said I committed my entire role, I was not whistling dixie.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sataere posted:

I didn't line shop. I just bet everything. When I said I committed my entire role, I was not whistling dixie.

Those are who mutually exclusive ideas. Line shopping is the first thing any bettor should do to improve their profitability. Can't think of a single reason to accept $100 for a win in one book rather than $105 at another for the same.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I got 590 on Yale. I would shop between books, but I don’t have accounts at most of them and getting verified at Draft Kings was a pain in the dick and I just don’t want to bother.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

TraderStav posted:

Those are who mutually exclusive ideas. Line shopping is the first thing any bettor should do to improve their profitability. Can't think of a single reason to accept $100 for a win in one book rather than $105 at another for the same.

Because I'm lazy and dont want to move money from different accounts. I got some better odds one place and vice versa. It'll even out in the end. I'll still turn a profit either way.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can't line shop, the only legal book in FL is Hard Rock.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Spokes posted:

the only sizeable upsets in round 1 i like are samford and james madison but i love the idea of just betting on literally all of them

this post would have been so good if the refs let samford win

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
If this last game holds, I’ll go be up 8 units on 30 blind underdog bets lol. Wish I could have bet the JMU game too.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Total $2,836 on blind flat $200 dog plays.

Thanks for reminding me of this play!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Does the play hold for future rounds?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

mfcrocker posted:

I never saw data on past year for the first round, even. Feels like an urban legend that does seem to work. Would love to see data on it and all rounds going back years if possible.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mfcrocker posted:

I do it throughout the tournament. Last year, second round was about breakeven on returns. Third round was almost as good as the first round. The final four had no upsets.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

FanDuel had a 50% profit boost on Kansas Gonzaga so I was able to juice those odds. Hopefully Kansas can pull it off.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

0/8 today. Might just take my $25 profit and stop.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah that sucked. I'm still all in, but I get bailing. Last year, rounds 1 and 3 were the biggest return rounds. I'm curious to see how this ride ends.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I lost some money betting on Oakland and Duquesne but won it all back on a UFC parlay so I'm fine with being done for now.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Meh, I’m playing for small enough money; I’m back in for today. (Again, except JMU, unless I find myself in another state before tipoff.)

If I go 0-for again today, I’ll only be down like two bets (and I’m doing bets about half the size of what I’d normally do).

Edit: with Clemson, and the fact that one of my bets yesterday was a bonus bet, I’m back in the green by about half a unit.

CellBlock fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 25, 2024

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Well, round 3 started off way better than all of round 2 at least.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Sataere posted:

Well, round 3 started off way better than all of round 2 at least.

Yeah, I'm back to about 10% up. If I do this again next year, I'll probably just add "skip the second round" to the plan.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

CellBlock posted:

Yeah, I'm back to about 10% up. If I do this again next year, I'll probably just add "skip the second round" to the plan.

Yeah, last year the second round sucked too and rounds 1 and 3 were fantastic I'll give it a third year and if round 2 is this bad, I'll just punt it

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I got a targeted offer from espn for a 1k “bet reset” aka what used to be called risk free. Had to use before the end of the month. I guess they’re trying to buff their numbers on the books before quarterly reporting, and I hadn’t placed much with them in a while cause their odds and promos mostly suck. I wanted to put it on NC State at +240 but I knew I’d miss the first half hour of the game putting my kids to bed. Anyway just to use it up I decided to do a middle play on the Tennessee game. Took the Vols ML and -3.5 before the game on a different book, then once they had their 18-0 run I used the espn offer on creighton +13.5, who immediately went on a run of their own. Nice to have em all hit.

In nfl draft news I can’t stop betting Drake Maye 2nd overall at like +150-180. Can’t stop won’t stop.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

If you tailed underdog MLs in round three of the tournament, you are very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Drake Maye back down to - odds for 2nd pick in nfl draft, except on mgm where he’s still +150. Might be the last chance to get in