Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
batman only knows techniques to hurt criminals and trying something that causes pleasure is anathema to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
X-Men weigh in on the Batman situation

https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1404522993305501696?s=20

Though it should be noted the reason you can have Cyclops, Jean Grey and Wolverine in a polycule and have WB execs saying Batman don't eat seafood is the Harley Quinn show probably has like ten times the viewers as all the bat books and the x books have unique readers combined.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Though it should be noted the reason you can have Cyclops, Jean Grey and Wolverine in a polycule and have WB execs saying Batman don't eat seafood is the Harley Quinn show probably has like ten times the viewers as all the bat books and the x books have unique readers combined.

While we're on the subject of the sexual activities of these characters, the Harley Quinn show was the first time I liked the Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy pairing. Their relationship in any media up to that point never felt natural and it seemed to be more men's fetish than queer characterization. On the show, it felt earned as characterization and by the end I wanted to see them together.

For a goofy show about supervillain antics, Harley Quinn is amazing with the character work.

Also, not only would Batman go down, he'd also always be prepared to do so.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

While we're on the subject of the sexual activities of these characters, the Harley Quinn show was the first time I liked the Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy pairing. Their relationship in any media up to that point never felt natural and it seemed to be more men's fetish than queer characterization. On the show, it felt earned as characterization and by the end I wanted to see them together.

For a goofy show about supervillain antics, Harley Quinn is amazing with the character work.

Also, not only would Batman go down, he'd also always be prepared to do so.

The stuff in BTAS, where because it had to be only be alluded to because of being a Saturday morning cartoon in the nineties does a lot of great character work between the two, and is the reason it's a thing in the first place.

Honestly surprised nothing in Suicide Squad or Birds of Prey live action movies sets up a potential Harley/Ivy thing. Studios are loving cowards, you get only the same old coded poo poo as from the 80s.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Batman's Shameful Secret: he has never given an orgasm

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Not my joke, but I have to share it

quote:

this is the discourse we need, but not the one we deserve

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/blainecapatch/status/1404627895935389699

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

My guess is they don't want the reactionary headlines from places like Fox News looking to stoke some culture war bullshit.

Possibly still reeling from the Batdick controversy last year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Welling looks like a Chuck Liddell cosplayer

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

What are you talking about? Welling would never wear a costume.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

More than almost any other actor I can think of he looks so loving different than his younger self.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

More than almost any other actor I can think of he looks so loving different than his younger self.

Some people think he's using hgh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I read BPRD 1946. It was really good.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just saw that the Pini's are trying to Kickstart an Elfquest audio play. I'm going to put my money down on "trainwreck" right now.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Rhyno posted:

It was originally fully part of FC. FC was set to be a 12 issue series like the original but Didio thinks 7 is the magic number so the series got cut up and shortened.

The first time I read FC in managed to skip Beyond. Weirdest loving end I’d ever seen. Completely random story vampire from nowhere. The whistle was cool though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I just saw that the Pini's are trying to Kickstart an Elfquest audio play. I'm going to put my money down on "trainwreck" right now.

Literally the only thing I know about Elfquest is they let Piers Anthony do a crossover with his Xanth series as a favor to a girl who was paralyzed after getting run over by a drunk driver. So I hope it's a success.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_to_Jenny

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Literally the only thing I know about Elfquest is they let Piers Anthony do a crossover with his Xanth series as a favor to a girl who was paralyzed after getting run over by a drunk driver. So I hope it's a success.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_to_Jenny

Wendy Pini is awesome.

The original “Grand Quest” Elfquest storyline has some of favorite comics ever. It’s also free online: http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=Elfquest&p=0&i=1

It’s actually really cool how much of this stuff the Pinis have made available free online. There are also great big inexpensive omnibus editions printed b&w on cheaper paper for folks who want to read physically but don’t want to spend a ton of money.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 16, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hey Lurdiak, thanks for the TMNT recommendation, I really liked it! I read the first two volumes and next time I go to the comic shop I'm preordering the third.

poo poo, I think I might become a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. But not of the old indie comics, or the old cartoon or the new cartoons or any of the movies or the toys. Just the part where it got really furry. That's the part I like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is there a TMNT(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) thread?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Is there a TMNT(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) thread?

I made one ages ago but it's probably slipped into the archives by now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

I made one ages ago but it's probably slipped into the archives by now.

Ta-da! Thread necromance to your hearts' content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's summer, baby!