Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

They call me a yeastman (pronounced yeastmin) on account of my yeast affiliation. We've got good ph balance for growing the stuff on my body.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They call me a yeastman (pronounced yeastmin) on account of my yeast affiliation. We've got good ph balance for growing the stuff on my body.

Yeasty Boys

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Steven Seagal's album Yeast from the Moldy Cavern.

----------------

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Me want the yeast for to make me rye.

----------------

Escape From Noise

Steven Seagal's album Yeast from the Moldy Cavern.

On Breadly Ground

kuskus

wanted to share what my mead blorp sounds like in the next room, so I made a recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlMHcYdto4

what's the yeast trying to say?

cruft

nut posted:

my sister has done it a lot and so I just guessed what I think she puts in hers

This is one of those quotes that really needs context to be understood.

Therefore, I am quoting it with no context.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

kuskus posted:

wanted to share what my mead blorp sounds like in the next room, so I made a recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlMHcYdto4

what's the yeast trying to say?

According to automatically generated captions it says, "okay. Okay. OKAY. STOP. OKAY."

Escape From Noise

Me want the yeast for to make me rye.

how did I miss this before? Lol

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

kuskus

I'm sad to report that my yeasty bucket of mead is no longer burping at any interval, but I do have two pizza balls rising to make Italian beef pizza here in about 20 minutes.
toppings: buona beef, giardiniera, mozz, parm
sauce: flour added to beef gravy to make it super thick

more falafel please

forums poster

kuskus posted:

I'm sad to report that my yeasty bucket of mead is no longer burping at any interval, but I do have two pizza balls rising to make Italian beef pizza here in about 20 minutes.

nice. I'm on my 4th jar of quarantine giardiniera

your mead is probably done with its primary fermentation if it's been going for at least a couple days

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

kuskus posted:

this is a great idea and I think the way to take it to the next level is to make a muffaletta pizza

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

this is a great idea and I think the way to take it to the next level is to make a muffaletta pizza

I'd gently caress with that. Hard.

I have bread in the oven. Super dark rye sourdough (extremely sour, extremely delicious) for sandwiches.

kuskus

Teddy Thunders posted:

I have bread in the oven. Super dark rye sourdough (extremely sour, extremely delicious) for sandwiches.

let's see that loaf!

here's a trip report.

food processor pizza dough:

1c water at 105F
1tsp honey dissolved
1 packet active dry yeast, stir it in.

wait 5 min for yeast to foam

3cup flour & 1 tsp salt in food processor, pulse to combine
turn on full blast and slowly pour in the foamed up yeast, wait 2 minutes for a stretchy yeast ball to clear the sides
rise under a towel in an oiled bowl for 2 hours, divide into 2 balls, make pizza.

the italian beef w/ giard pizza and gravy sauce:

shoulda saved some jus to dip it in

Prof. Crocodile

kuskus posted:

let's see that loaf!

here's a trip report.

food processor pizza dough:

1c water at 105F
1tsp honey dissolved
1 packet active dry yeast, stir it in.

wait 5 min for yeast to foam

3cup flour & 1 tsp salt in food processor, pulse to combine
turn on full blast and slowly pour in the foamed up yeast, wait 2 minutes for a stretchy yeast ball to clear the sides
rise under a towel in an oiled bowl for 2 hours, divide into 2 balls, make pizza.

the italian beef w/ giard pizza and gravy sauce:

shoulda saved some jus to dip it in

:eyepop:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

For some reason in my mind I always pronounce the ‘Italian’ in Italian beef like ‘eye-TIE-yin’ with very consisonants. Gosh dang I love Italian beef

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

giardiniera is a massively underrated pizza topping

Stoner Sloth

yeast life to the tune of street life by randy crawford

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

I'm doing it. I'm making focaccia.

Prof. Crocodile

more falafel please posted:

giardiniera is a massively underrated pizza topping

also massively underrated as sandwich and salad topping, and as a savory snack. people outside the Midwest just don’t know that they’re missing.

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also massively underrated as sandwich and salad topping, and as a savory snack. people outside the Midwest just don’t know that they’re missing.

it's weird when i go to a subway somewhere else and they just don't have it

Khanstant
ive seen it all folks! making bread out of microorganisms 🤣🤣🤣 what will they think of next

Khanstant
p.s. oil that loaf yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao

more falafel please posted:

the number of yeast cells I've killed has to number in the quadrillions easily, maybe quintillions

to make 5 gallons of beer i start with about 100 billion yeast cells, about the same as the number of people who have ever lived. that's in 100ml slurry but if you take out the growth medium they're probably only 25mL or so. the yeast slurry by the end is nearly a half a gallon, and it all goes down the drain. trillions of cells every time

you're mixing gallons and litres :psyduck: