Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Just started a Dragonlance campaign with friends - playing as a glaive-wielding human paladin, as I've never used the paladin class or polearms. (and I've never really tried playing 'lawful good' either, so this'll be new haha) Let me just say, it's pretty good! We're only level 1 but I've got the Polearm Mastery feat, so I'm able to dish out all sorts of damage from afar. Planning on getting Sentinel too, so that my attacks of opportunity can stop enemies from moving once I hit them, for some hit-and-run goodness.

Anyway, first combat (with a party split - I was in a group of three, the other two were off doing their own thing) involved me taking out both enemies with one turn, due some great damage rolls and the bonus action attack I get. Apparently though, the lizardmen/dragonborn guys we faced have various 'AoE attack on death' ability. The thing is, as I'm a polearm user, I was out of range of both! My companions though, not so much... :getin: One was taken down to 1hp by the acid spray, while the other was taken down to -1hp, requiring a medicine check on my part, afterwards... I think I'm gonna enjoy this! :D Move around, stab guys without them stabbing me, then see them burst in acid, from afar. I can see why the polearm master feat is popular! Seems great - especially for the Dragonlance setting, if this encounter was any indication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Polearms own

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
When I was pouring over the martial arts companion for Rolemaster when I was a kid, I imagined a meeting of different weapon schools, like a convetion of some sorts. I imagined coming there with my spear school which was quite smaller than the different sword schools, and not very popular, but the other people grudgingly gave us respect.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I would have shown up from the pipe layers school and pushed your scrawny rear end around a bit. Haha. Perhaps next time imagine some bitches fool! Gyahaha

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

I would have shown up from the pipe layers school and pushed your scrawny rear end around a bit. Haha. Perhaps next time imagine some bitches fool! Gyahaha

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Hizke posted:

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Hizke posted:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

make a dungeon earring check

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

what the...

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 10, 2023

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

and nothing happens

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

I rolled a two.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Leadthumb posted:

I rolled a two.

that's how many you get

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

that's how many you get

Oh.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

back on that wingspan. oceania expansion.

The Spangled Drongo is absolutely OP. Sick synergy with the Red-Winged Parrot.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

strangled dong, oh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

oh hell yes, played that game with my uncle a fair bit during family vacay and got a copy for Christmas. stoked to play it again, it's surprisingly strategical

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

You're a Spangled Drongo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
practicing my australian accent by just saying spangled drongo over and over

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

av post combo lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Lay Eggs On Bird(s).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

symbolic posted:

oh hell yes, played that game with my uncle a fair bit during family vacay and got a copy for Christmas. stoked to play it again, it's surprisingly strategical

I just bought the Asia expansion because it includes a standalone 2 player mode, gonna try and get my grandma to play. if its too much for her there's always the 1 player mode lol

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Nectar is just way too strong in that expansion. It's always the best choice to pick it when it's available.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

art imitates life

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

You gotta get the nectar first. When you get the nectar, you get the birds. Then when you get the birds, you get the eggs.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Played some Wormhole to Uranus, a drinking/card game that is a lot more fun than the name implies.

Then went through setting up characters for a Shadowrun module I'm going to run using Savage Worlds/Sprawlrunners to get around the Shadowrun jank

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Vadun posted:

Then went through setting up characters for a Shadowrun module I'm going to run using Savage Worlds/Sprawlrunners to get around the Shadowrun jank

But Moe, the jank, the jank!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 15, 2024

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Vadun posted:

Played some Wormhole to Uranus, a drinking/card game that is a lot more fun than the name implies.

How do you like Spralwrunners? I was planning to use Cities Without Number for my next cyberpunk game, but I love the latest edition of Savage Worlds and Sprawlrunners looks rad.

PerniciousKnid posted:

But Moe, the jank, the jank!

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

hamsauce666 posted:

How do you like Spralwrunners? I was planning to use Cities Without Number for my next cyberpunk game, but I love the latest edition of Savage Worlds and Sprawlrunners looks rad.

Lmao

Sprawlrunners is real good. Only thing I feel like it could do better is Physical Adepts, they take too long to hit their stride. That's more of a problem with Melee characters in all Savage Worlds though