Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Jonny Nox posted:

Watching the beginning of the show now. Hangman better not make me sad!

:)

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jonny Nox posted:

Me too :hfive:

Mons Hubris posted:

Stop watching!!

:ohdear:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Sammy eating the pin makes sense, and MJF / Jericho winning creates more anger for PNP. And Jericho gets the blame, because he’s the one who set all this up.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ozymandius1024 posted:

It's just going to foster more division in the group with Jericho and Max going forward as a team. And at least they didn't eat the pin.

Yeah, this. They know what they're doing, and I trust them to do it correctly.

it's a nice touch, perhaps unintentional, that the team that I most wanted to lose was the one that won.

like initially I just wanted Hager to eat the pin but he and Sammy were so fun in that match, I just didn't want broken down jericho and THAT drat SNAKE, MJF to win, and so I get owned again~

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh poo poo, i too need to watch the beginning of the show

i hope Pretty Peter Avalon wins, and Hangman joins Dark Order :D

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
guys remember how good the Private Party segment was :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That match moved a lot of the psychology behind the IC's inevitable breakup.

Sammy as a singles guy worked like loving hell through the whole thing, showed that he doesn't need anyone here, he can fight legends and vicious dudes. PnP were an absolute unit, even with the other teams doing nice combos these guys just moved like the pinnacle of tag teams and deserve a belt. MJF was being manipulative and didn't do poo poo for most of the match. MJF and Jericho both came out with the weapons.

I think we're moving to face Sammy going solo, PnP splitting off the IC and being more prominent in the tag division, and IC shifting to being MJF and Jericho with their two big beefy bodyguards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hangman whyyyyy...... :negative:

Dark Order hurriedly removing the celebrants was amazing though.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Jerusalem posted:

Hangman whyyyyy...... :negative:

Dark Order hurriedly removing the celebrants was amazing though.

It was the best of times.

It was the worse of times.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Stu kicking away the confetti was the highlight, followed by Stu shooing away the creepers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the conclusion of the Hangman/Dark Order segment was the definition of tragicomedy

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The segment really got going when Silver took a loving knee to propose to Hangman and only got better from there

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cage Kicker posted:

The segment really got going when Luther came out to yell at -1 and only got better from there

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Good Dynamite. Time to watch the start of the show that I missed. Or maybe...I shouldn't....then friendship wins!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Artelier posted:

Good Dynamite. Time to watch the start of the show that I missed. Or maybe...I shouldn't....then friendship wins!

no you should

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Very excited about the implications of the Japanese flag under one half of the bracket for the women’s tournament. Wonder if they’re going to tape matches in Japan with the hopes of that side of the bracket’s winner hopefully going to be able to travel to the US in time for the finals.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Very excited about the implications of the Japanese flag under one half of the bracket for the women’s tournament. Wonder if they’re going to tape matches in Japan with the hopes of that side of the bracket’s winner hopefully going to be able to travel to the US in time for the finals.

yeah that was my first thought too lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I'm excited for #1 contender RiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiEmi Sakura

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So who were the creepers? I think Fuego del Sol and Hobbs were two of the three on the face tunnel? and my screen isn't good enough to make out who or what came out of the heel tunnel, maybe someone in an inflatable horse costume?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Senerio posted:

I'm excited for #1 contender Shoko Nakajima

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1352090270586662913

Shida's definitely hinting at Japanese competitors in the tournament.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder if Tony is laundering a bunch of Joshi into the country the same way they did Shana.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

YOU WANNA SAY THAT *I* LOOK STUPID?

THAT DOCTOR LUTHER LOOKS STUPID?!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck.

(Actually that was a great segment from second 1.)

also, when he came out at the start of the match he looked more like Steve Austin than he ever has.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

YOU WANNA SAY THAT *I* LOOK STUPID?

THAT DOCTOR LUTHER LOOKS STUPID?!

I'M HERE TO RUIN. YOUR. BIIIIIIRTHDAYYYYY.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

:catstare:

:smith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

I'm excited for #1 contender Miyu Yamashita

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The world isn't ready for a Miyu Yamashita match on Dynamite.

They wouldn't want the main event to be overshadowed by the 9:20 match of the night.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1352083039619174403

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1352088575198674947

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956328