Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Doctor does not have sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Roth posted:

alert tumblr

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Doctor's notorious lack of loving is kind-of why they love him. Blank canvas they can be assured will never actually do anything lustful, aggressive, or gross.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Roth posted:

The Doctor has banged River Song, and only River Song.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
We can make arguments for iterations of the doctor being celibate, but this person has been alive between 12 and infinity times. If there's not one kid I'll spit in the sand, or eat a hat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Flag on the ground! FunkyAl does not remember Susan, the Doctor's granddaughter, who was introduced in the very first episode of the show! Her existence has been acknowledged by subsequent iterations as recently as the 2010s so this does imply that the Doctor does have at least one child of some kind out there!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Of course I remember. I remember perfectly. This is my favorite episode, of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkC2JgC9CR4

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

There is also revival episode The Doctor's Daughter, in which the Doctor is sort-of cloned at the start of the episode and then spends the next 39 minutes staring directly into the camera saying "this is unequivocally my regular daughter, just like it says in the title".

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Also wasn't the actress in that episode both the daughter of the fourth(?) Doctor and the then fiancee of the tenth doctor.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't it well established that The Doctor was a grandfather who lost his entire family in the Time War?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

Also wasn't the actress in that episode both the daughter of the fourth(?) Doctor and the then fiancee of the tenth doctor.

She's Peter Davidson (the Fifth Doctor)'s daughter and David Tennent (the Tenth Doctor)'s wife, yes.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
due to his time lord psychology, actual loving is just a footnote to the slow burn will-they-or-won't-they sexual tension he craves

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

GORDON posted:

Wasn't it well established that The Doctor was a grandfather who lost his entire family in the Time War?

Not really. He had a granddaughter in the 60s, but after she went off with some human she was only indirectly referenced ever again. I don't think anything else about the rest of his family has ever been clear. Then the Time War happened at some point between 1989 and 2005 the Time War happened and was implied to have killed off all the Time Lords other than him, but then it turned out there was some device that could let the Time Lords hide disguised as other species, and then they found all of Gallifrey still existed full of Time Lords, so there's plenty of room for her to be theoretically around somewhere.

There's also an episode where he gets a hybrid clone daughter who runs off at the end, so in theory she's still somewhere out there.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not really. He had a granddaughter in the 60s, but after she went off with some human she was only indirectly referenced ever again. I don't think anything else about the rest of his family has ever been clear. Then the Time War happened at some point between 1989 and 2005 the Time War happened and was implied to have killed off all the Time Lords other than him, but then it turned out there was some device that could let the Time Lords hide disguised as other species, and then they found all of Gallifrey still existed full of Time Lords, so there's plenty of room for her to be theoretically around somewhere.

There's also an episode where he gets a hybrid clone daughter who runs off at the end, so in theory she's still somewhere out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDw79__VRc

Troughton's Doctor talking about his family... Hartnell was so good.

I think the implication is that his family were already pretty much gone by this point, or at the very least scattered and out of reach

Braxiatel was cannon too, so The Doctor had a brother at least, and 13 talked about sisters.

The Doctors family is a quantum superposition, entirely up to the observer.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

nine-gear crow posted:

The Doctor has banged River Song, and only River Song.

There's also the half-human version of him in the other dimension that is loving Rose.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I concurr - the Doctor has a family, but who actually makes up that family depends on the writer.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Tennant's Doctor casually drops "I was a dad once" into a conversation, then carries on without ever acknowledging it again.

The Doctor hosed, fucks and will gently caress again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

She's Peter Davidson (the Fifth Doctor)'s daughter and David Tennent (the Tenth Doctor)'s wife, yes.

They were not married at the time that they filmed the episode, but they are married now. David Tennant also filmed a short with Peter Davison during David's tenure on the show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

here are some fun facts regarding Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor), AKA drunk uncle T-bakes:

• just after he left the show, they did a big reunion where they got all the living Doctors together. he declined to appear in the special (they used footage from an unaired serial to include him), but agreed to do a promotional photo shot. the producer was very sure that tom wouldn't show up, and sure enough, he didn't. however, they had come prepared: they borrowed the wax dummy of tom from madame tussauds and used that instead.
  • when Tom finally agreed to start recording audio dramas for Big Finish (the company which produces full cast audio dramas with past actors from Doctor Who), he came in with a big pad that he flipped through and told Nicholas Briggs (who runs big finish and also voices the Daleks in the revival), a bunch of ideas he had for stories his character could be in. when tom got up to go to the bathroom, nick glanced at tom's pad to make sure he hadn't missed any of the ideas and found out that the pad was completely blank.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixY3p4SpSjg

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bicyclops posted:

here are some fun facts regarding Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor), AKA drunk uncle T-bakes:

• just after he left the show, they did a big reunion where they got all the living Doctors together. he declined to appear in the special (they used footage from an unaired serial to include him), but agreed to do a promotional photo shot. the producer was very sure that tom wouldn't show up, and sure enough, he didn't. however, they had come prepared: they borrowed the wax dummy of tom from madame tussauds and used that instead.
  • when Tom finally agreed to start recording audio dramas for Big Finish (the company which produces full cast audio dramas with past actors from Doctor Who), he came in with a big pad that he flipped through and told Nicholas Briggs (who runs big finish and also voices the Daleks in the revival), a bunch of ideas he had for stories his character could be in. when tom got up to go to the bathroom, nick glanced at tom's pad to make sure he hadn't missed any of the ideas and found out that the pad was completely blank.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixY3p4SpSjg

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9zWuklil8g&t=21s

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, also on Tom Baker:

quote:

“For a little white I attended Wanking School in the house of one of the lads called Rex Barrow. We would gather in a circle and extract our organs. Barrow himself had a prodigious cock and was very proud of it. We would all watch nervously while he got going. Even at the slack his member was daunting. But as he began to recite the names of local girls and rock back and forth to our accompanying groans, the miracle took place before our eyes.
‘Rosie Ball, Rosie Ball,’ Rex would mutter hoarsely, for libido and hoarseness always go together. 'Rosie Ball,’ and as we groaned his snake flickered into life. 'Evelyn Coffee,’ said somebody else to a new groan of approval and Rex’s prick filled out further, mesmerizing those of us whose tackle remained inert.
'Bertha Moonan?’ I suggested, desperate to kindle the flames further. There was a howl of anger as Rex’s dick died.
'You daft bugger, now look at what you’ve done,’ snarled Derek Houghton, 'you’ve killed his dick.’
This extravagant statement produced a mournful silence that would have fetched down all the dicks in Liverpool. But at 'Beatty Holmes’ hissed suggestively by George Beswick, Barrow’s member began to recover consciousness and its head would sway from side to side. Then the names came thick and fast as we were all seized with lust and grasped the alchemy of girls’ names and realized what a name could do for a flabby dick. 'Mildred Barton’ (groan of agreement), 'Doreen Manning’ (more groans), 'Moira Lynch’ (that was inspirational), and Barrow’s nob rose and looked him straight in the eye - eye to eye you could say - 'Mary Barlowe’ (ooh, ah).
'Say it again,’ grunted Barrow, and Wilfred Usher obliged in just the right way and Barrow shot his lot to cries of admiration from the whole circle. And so it went on as we all helped each other from slackness to stiffness to joy. Reckless and Godless as we felt ourselves to be, I do remember one session being ruined completely when the litany ran from Mildred to Moira to Mary Barlowe and so on, when just as several were at spilling point, someone cried out 'Blessed Maria Goretti.’ Christ, that did it. All dicks were struck down dead by this blasphemy and we went home ashamed.
I wasn’t too immense at this activity, though I could call a name with the best of them; and so after a particularly satisfying confession which allowed me to walk upright again, I broke with the Wankers and settled for sniffing incense and God.”

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

The Doctor's notorious lack of loving is kind-of why they love him. Blank canvas they can be assured will never actually do anything lustful, aggressive, or gross.

Just like the sexist thing to ever exist, the one who fucks-by-not-loving: Sonic the Hedgehog.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol, thank you. i couldn't find it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I think the Hinchcliffe era of Doctor Who in the 1970's was the best. the newer stuff is garbage IMHO

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

I think the Hinchcliffe era of Doctor Who in the 1970's was the best. the newer stuff is garbage IMHO

:hfive:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/The_Beasthouse/status/1465861103393644550

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hey sorry to barge in. Maybe one of you can help me identify an episode here? I believe it was on an artificial satellite, which was being run by a little guy in sort of a wheelchair, but in the very end he turned out to be made of some kind of slime and he escaped down a drain, IIRC. Anybody remember that one?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

petit choux posted:

Hey sorry to barge in. Maybe one of you can help me identify an episode here? I believe it was on an artificial satellite, which was being run by a little guy in sort of a wheelchair, but in the very end he turned out to be made of some kind of slime and he escaped down a drain, IIRC. Anybody remember that one?

The Sun Makers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

By jove ty

I was thinking of rewatching this one sometime, I kinda liked the little guy