Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is the thread i will use to post screencaptures from the five lucky stars series of films, as i watch them. if you are unfamilliar, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Stars, otherwise, hey don't you love these movies?

i watched the first one last night and the only screencapture i took was during the song, which you should all listen to here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD8vBO58agU&t=2269s (the whole movie is on youtube, who knew!? i cued it to the song tho, listen to it.)

i failed to take more than one screen capture but the movie was so rad it made me think that as i watch the rest, i should do this, so i am. thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 24, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

this is the thread i will use to post screencaptures from the five lucky stars series of films, as i watch them.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

please feel free to share memories of the five lucky stars or ancillary projects, for some reason these films are extremely soothing and fun, to me - a strange man.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

the five lucky stars are back together - curly from the last film is gone, and now teapot is "skinny" and there's a new lowest ranking member named teabag. it's bedtime for me but our adventures with the five lucky stars will continue... soon?

Stoner Sloth

these were pretty great for low budget movies OP friend, i remember them from my youth watching odd kung fu and adjacent movies

definitely were launch points for quite a few careers! and just silly, earnest fun - seemed like the type of movie that were pretty fun for people to make too which always adds something to it

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Prof. Crocodile

I loved these movies. They featured a lot of very good wing chun fighters, and even though the fights weren't always top notch, the energy was always great.

Heather Papps

hello friend

they are a blast. i'm pretty familiar with jackie chans filmography but mostly his starring roles, so it's great to have some that are the same flavour but slightly different.

and for some reason, they are absolutely gorgeously shot when they have no reason to be. clearly a lot of love went into these films on all levels. that combined with the time capsule capturing of hong kong etc at that time, i dunno, they are just the perfect thing for me right now.

look at this! it's just a beautifully composed shot, for like a split second

and then you get stuff like this, not a few minutes later!

hardest laugh of the film so far:

they are about to enter a gambling den!

Heather Papps

hello friend

fantastic, okay! at some point i'm going to watch the next film in the series twinkle twinkle lucky stars and do more of this

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

my fiance and I have already decided to watch all of these

super sweet best pal

You convinced me, I'd better stop looking at the thread until I watch them.

Stoner Sloth

OP? u can be the five lucky stars of my heart any time!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

sk posted:

my fiance and I have already decided to watch all of these

excellent. i figured if i have never seen these, a lot of other people haven't either, and these days we all need some light entertainment

super sweet best pal posted:

You convinced me, I'd better stop looking at the thread until I watch them.

most of the best jokes and the action is impossible to capture in stills but i am happy with your choice

Stoner Sloth posted:

OP? u can be the five lucky stars of my heart any time!

:blush:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i was so ready for twinkle, twinkle, lucky stars, but after about 10 minutes realized i'd have to download it and find a good subtitle file. usually the totally legit places i watch foreign films have pretty good subs but in this case it was terrible. i suffered thru a bit and took some caps but i gave up at a certain point.

here is the tiniest post:

bing bong bing bong do dwo dooo dwooooooooo

give me these suspenders

i will legally acquire this film with good subtitles and finish this. thanks i love you.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!