Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Extremely wet, from the standpoint of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I keep praying for the tool song scenario but it never happens.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Friends in the valley sending me pics of their flooded lawns. Suckers! My lawn has been flooded for months now

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

titty_baby_ posted:

Friends in the valley sending me pics of their flooded lawns. Suckers! My lawn has been flooded for months now

it's free irrigation. thanks gavin

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Wow, too much rain or not enough rain, make up your mind.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a retro game reminder that sonic adventure 2 begins with sonic as a prisoner of the military escaping and snow boarding down the streets of san francisco

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

a retro game reminder that sonic adventure 2 begins with sonic as a prisoner of the military escaping and snow boarding down the streets of san francisco

That was just cocaine

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Last month, when reporters tried to figure out how an unusual exemption got inserted into California's fast food minimum wage law that benefited a Gov. Gavin Newsom donor, they learned that the parties involved in the negotiations had signed confidentiality agreements. Galled, a Republican Assemblyman introduced a bill to ban secrecy pacts in lawmaking, a practice critics called plainly anathema to the spirit of government transparency. On Thursday, Democrats killed the measure in committee on a party line vote.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lmao

Having minimum wage that applies to different industries is so stupid

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

A round table here started tacking on a service charge to receipts that explicitly says its to pay for the minimum wage increase and its weird how they do that but somehow all the other fast food/pizza places get by without it

042624_3
Apr 26, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Apr 26, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

titty_baby_ posted:

A round table here started tacking on a service charge to receipts that explicitly says its to pay for the minimum wage increase and its weird how they do that but somehow all the other fast food/pizza places get by without it
Every single one of these line-item surcharges “for labor costs” is an explicitly political act on the part of ownership

You never see a restaurant say “we’re adding a 5% fee to every bill because our rent went up” or because electricity costs went up etc.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Every single one of these line-item surcharges “for labor costs” is an explicitly political act on the part of ownership

You never see a restaurant say “we’re adding a 5% fee to every bill because our rent went up” or because electricity costs went up etc.

its also wage theft, usually, lol

https://la.eater.com/2024/2/1/24058584/last-word-hospitality-los-angeles-restaurant-class-action-lawsuit-service-charges-found-oyster

quote:

The suit hinges on four points: whether funds collected from the restaurant service fees constitute gratuities; whether the company failed to distribute the total proceeds; if Last Word retained a portion of the fees; and whether the company retained a portion to pay managers or other non-service employees.

Last Word Hospitality encompasses a vast catalog of restaurant properties in California including Found Oyster, Queen St., Barra Santos, and Nossa Caipirinha Bar in Los Angeles; Red Dog Saloon in Pioneertown; and the Copper Room in Yucca Valley, whose employees could be impacted by the suit

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

bawfuls posted:

There was actually another place here that tacked on an 18% service charge but it was meant to replace tips for the employees and help pay for benefits. It seemed to be an employee led thing and was controversial for some stupid reason. I'd rather them have just raised the price on everything, but I guess it looks better on the menu to have lower prices and small text about the fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I have seen local hole-in-the wall burrito places just have a note on the menu that says “due to the rising cost of meat recently, we have raised our prices”