Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Finish Quantim with Baking Soda or ActivBlu?
Existing (but discontinued), proven reliability and the power of baking soda
New, available, but untested! Maybe better, maybe worse? Will my dishes still be odor free? :\
View Results

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i mean post whatever you want, but it still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The new one still contains baking soda, pal. Perhaps they dyed it blue?
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=2597

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
In a surprise twist, the old one "with baking soda" does not in fact contain baking soda.
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=1444

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A good salve will solve just about any malady op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ball

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBO8neWw04

this popped up in my recommendations and i dont know why so im sharing it with you op, with your pressing dishwasher detergent questions

I don't think he really explained what to do if you don't have a pre-wash compartment. Do you just chuck an extra detergent pack into the dishwasher tub?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Why not try the new one and add some baking soda to the detergent compartment?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Add a glug of lemon juice and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

woah you can put pics in polls now

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
How the heck does baking soda clean stuff? Is there a chemist in the house?!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

How the heck does baking soda clean stuff? Is there a chemist in the house?!

it's a base, bases react with fats to make a soap

but baking soda is a pretty weak base, so really it's not that good at cleaning things in the grand scheme of things

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Baking soda is an abrasive. So over a long period it would probably damage your dishwasher door seals etc. Which might be why the manufacturer no longer makes it. So try the new one.

And never mix cleaning chemicals, including in the old & new skool products mentioned here. For instance, mixing certain very common household chemicals produces the very toxic gas chlorine. In your case even if the mix was benign, it could be self defeating - e.g. if the new skool product is acidic (many cleaning chemicals are either acidic or alkaline, by design), mixing it with the alkaline baking soda product would create some fizzing and a new chemical compound useless for purpose.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I bet they just scoop ActivBlu™ out of all the used sanitary towels.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

How about you ActivelyBlow me OP

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Weka posted:

The new one still contains baking soda, pal. Perhaps they dyed it blue?
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=2597

Weka posted:

In a surprise twist, the old one "with baking soda" does not in fact contain baking soda.
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=1444

Wha.... how? How could they deceive me like this?

I'm at a loss for words.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

buy a box of the new one, if it's good then your panic is resolved until they change again, if it isn't then you can hoard the old one until you run out

Weka
May 5, 2019

Bula Vinaka posted:

Wha.... how? How could they deceive me like this?

I'm at a loss for words.

Just have your dog do the dishes, that's what I do.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

LOL if you don't eat all your food off your significant other's rear end.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

IDK op, but the last few months people have been talking about the blu wave so it must be good.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

I don't think he really explained what to do if you don't have a pre-wash compartment. Do you just chuck an extra detergent pack into the dishwasher tub?

Yes, exactly that. If you got super cheap packs you can just put one in the tub and one in the dispenser and it'll probably end up doing more cleaning than just throwing one in the dispenser, because basically all dishwashers run on a two cycle anyways.

Weka
May 5, 2019

One day my goal is to own all stainless steel plates and clean them with a water blaster and a cage.

E: on that note I also would like a house I can clean with a flamethrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Weka posted:

E: on that note I also would like a house I can clean with a flamethrower.

I believe you can do that with a few modifications to a central house vacuum system.