Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
is two fiddy your LDL number because dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Motronic posted:

Have you ever spent a few weeks in an RV, cooking your own meals? Provisioning and storage are a huge deal and everything is more effort. You also have running water, both hot and cold in a proper RV. And an oven. And a counter. And cabinets/drawers to prepare food on, store cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, pans, dishes, etc. And a proper stove with a vent hood so you don't smoke out/steam out the interior.

There is no reality in which a hotplate and a refrigerator in the back of a box truck is a reasonable plan for preparing your own meals for even the medium term.

Sure, but i was talking at a bare minimum and having seen what goes into RV and camper trailer rebuilds I'm legit not sure it would be less work getting a leaky mold farm in his price range to a place where it's habitable compared to getting the basics into place in the truck he already owns and is weirdly attached to. Personally I do a lot more on my stovetop than with my oven and I could get by without one, and a proper vent hood isn't a luxury I've ever had in any of the rentals I've lived in. Kind of assume whatever surface he builds for the hotplate he can use for food prep. Running water is an issue but you can do a lot with jugs, pvc, and gravity. I've know a guy that lives out of a couple hacker vans that even has a setup for outdoor showers where he's got a jug with a low energy consumption water heater in it he threw together. If he can figure out how to frame, insulate, and panel it in a way that allows for building off the paneling he needs like, a workbench, some jugs and gravity plumbing for water, a compostable toilet, bins for storage, and a genny and he wouldn't be that bad off.

He can always build on cabinetry and other features later, as well as sorting out more built in infrastructure, but he'd have a level of basic stability established.

Whatever he does he needs to stop living rough and ignoring his medical needs.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The_Muncher posted:

Whatever he does he needs to stop living rough and ignoring his medical needs.

No offense, but this is the only sentence that matters in your post.

It's not possible for him to stop living rough in the back of this broken box truck in any reasonable timeframe. It's time to give it up and get a proper apartment with a kitchen. Stability. Treatment. Healthy routines.

None of that is going to happen while trying to live life on hard mode.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Motronic posted:

Those things come out of WELLS? Holy poo poo. I never knew.

(seriously, you need to explain this)

Maybe it's one of those setups where the panels are mirrors and they're redirecting sunlight to boil water?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

*puts on construction hat*

another fine day, time to go back to the solar panel farm mines

I think it means:

1) Drill holes
2) Fill with concrete
3) Attach I-beams across the tops of them
4) Install supports and panels

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Rytheric posted:

Then when i got home I would only eat fast food places where I could safely park my box truck which quickly reduced to kfc.

Okay, do you see how not having a proper door is a problem?

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Motronic posted:

No offense, but this is the only sentence that matters in your post.

It's not possible for him to stop living rough in the back of this broken box truck in any reasonable timeframe. It's time to give it up and get a proper apartment with a kitchen. Stability. Treatment. Healthy routines.

None of that is going to happen while trying to live life on hard mode.

He has a room that he is renting right now! It is available for him until next year iirc! I honestly do not understand why he is not making use of this resource he is paying for while he turns the truck into a more permanent solution!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The_Muncher posted:

He has a room that he is renting right now! It is available for him until next year iirc! I honestly do not understand why he is not making use of this resource he is paying for while he turns the truck into a more permanent solution!

It's easier to do drugs in a truck than a cop's house

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Nice, we were going along like a latter day Slowmotion, then bam! It's another Blue Story. Can't wait until OP goes Zaurg on us.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The_Muncher posted:

Because he has un(der)treated issues and would rather live in a box truck parked in the driveway of the perfectly good house he rents a room in.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
loving what.

Dude you're introducing CO into a situation where you already have diabetes, undertreated mental disorders, a CPAP and a sodium intake of ~fuckinghell?

Buddy you're going to die to this, soon.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Rytheric, you have access to what is frankly an amazing collection of subject matter experts here, and nearly everyone here wants you to succeed. You need to seriously reevaluate some of your life choices before you die.

You are welcome to make threads in the other forums about specific issues that we can help you with and we will help you to the best of our ability.

AI can help you with your truck
GWS can help you with your diet
BFC can help you with your budget
YLLS can help you with exercise
E/N can help you with brain stuff
and of course those of us here in HCH can help you with your cabin.

We are not loving with you here. This is not the SA of 2003 where it was funny to see someone circle the drain. We care, as much as some jaded assholes on the internet are capable of caring, and we want you to succeed but this thread carrying on as it is is not a path to success.

Take care of yourself, see a doctor, get an apartment with a kitchen and come back when you've gotten yourself back on the path to personal success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
sweet tips though